Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chicken N Pickle

Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

Chicken N Pickle filed for their building permit.

Hopefully we'll see construction start towards the end of the year.

CnP also recently bought their property.

Just over 3 acres for $1.38 million.

CnP just filed their building permit applications so should see work starting in a month or so.

They have started construction:

5. Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

I always wanted to play pickleball in a massive parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    I always wanted to play pickleball in a massive parking lot.
    Keep in mind the city requires most that parking by code.

That isn't the only factor at work here, but it's a big one.

7. Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

I think the problem (I see it as a problem) is that the City ordinances require a disproportionately large amount of parking. Given that this development was zoned using a PUD they could have argued the quantity of parking down, especially with so many potentially overlapping functions (e.g. office parking lots empty on evenings and weekends when bars/restaurants most busy). If there was a will to make this development anything other than a sea of surface parking, they could have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    I think the problem (I see it as a problem) is that the City ordinances require a disproportionately large amount of parking. Given that this development was zoned using a PUD they could have argued the quantity of parking down, especially with so many potentially overlapping functions (e.g. office parking lots empty on evenings and weekends when bars/restaurants most busy). If there was a will to make this development anything other than a sea of surface parking, they could have done it.
    I don't disagree.

But we really need to revise our parking codes and I know this has been discussed for some time.

The photos are from the Wichita location, designed by the same architectural firm doing OKC:

Sadly this place will probably fail, since the coronavirus has everybody scared. This State and many others will never be the same.

It may fail, but if you’re going to go to a social place in the next year, it should be one with a lot of outdoor space. They have that going for them. But, yeah, it’ll likely be rough.

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Sadly this place will probably fail, since the coronavirus has everybody scared. This State and many others will never be the same.
    People are begging for things to do. Have you seen the number of people out at lake hefner. People aren’t just sitting at home.
    Once this opens it will do great.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    People are begging for things to do. Have you seen the number of people out at lake hefner. People aren’t just sitting at home.
    I for one welcome this development east of the highway. Pretty close to Nichols Hills and pretty close to Edmond. Those are prime pickleball players if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Can they open at an occupancy rate where they can break even is the better question. At least they are not sitting on a finished building like Flix Brewhouse next door. Luckily they still have awhile before they even finish construction.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Can they open at an occupancy rate where they can break even is the better question. At least they are not sitting on a finished building like Flix Brewhouse next door. Luckily they still have awhile before they even finish construction.
    They aren’t opening for a while. I think they will be fine. If the number of people are fine being at Lowe’s or Home Depot Or TLC to buy flowers in the masses during all this, there will be plenty of people going to the venue.

Blog Entries

Wichita, Kansas

If it's successful in Wichita, it should give us a better perspective of how it will work in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I've heard multiple times (not sure the source) that Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the country. It's extremely popular with the retirement crowd, but catching on quickly with younger people as well. Over 600 members of the OKC area association.
    How is it that Pickleball is such a hot fad, yet badminton never gets its due? Why isn't it the sport for retirees? Fear of the shuttlecock?
    Seriously, I grew up in SoCal in the 70s and badminton was the thing, even among tennis players. It was an Olympic sport.
    But I do hope this venue does well. I'm all for anything that encourages physical activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    How is it that Pickleball is such a hot fad, yet badminton never gets its due? Why isn't it the sport for retirees? Fear of the shuttlecock?
    Seriously, I grew up in SoCal in the 70s and badminton was the thing, even among tennis players. It was an Olympic sport.
    But I do hope this venue does well. I'm all for anything that encourages physical activity.
    We also had a badminton set-up as a kid, in New Jersey in the 1980's. Never see it anymore. I didn't even know what pickle ball was until last year.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastGator View Post
    We also had a badminton set-up as a kid, in New Jersey in the 1980's. Never see it anymore. I didn't even know what pickle ball was until last year.
    "Piney"?

Taking shape!!!! Definitely will visit once it's up and running.

Thread Information