Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Weather Discussion - July 2019

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - July 2019

Name:  Messages Image(534589840).jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  16.0 KB

Next week sure looks nice for late July, though.

And just like that, were past the peak of summer unless August turns out to be hotter. Seems like a pretty strong cold front for late July though.

5. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - July 2019

I’ve lived here my whole 60 years. I complain every winter about it being too damn hot and I complain every winter about it being too damn cold. Yet I wouldn’t move anywhere else. It’s just venting. The only thing that truly affects me is snow/ice because me and my crew are responsible for removing such from a large area of sidewalks, drives and aircraft ramp/ taxiway areas.

6. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - July 2019

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    And just like that, were past the peak of summer unless August turns out to be hotter. Seems like a pretty strong cold front for late July though.
    We’ll see. I raced/rode bicycles for best time for many years. The Hotter Than Hell Hundred in Witchita Falls was the ride I always trained for my best time at. It’s always the 4th Saturday in August. I don’t remember which year but it was in the 90s somewhere. The whole summer was in the 80s and low 90s so that’s what we trained in. Then that week was in the 100 to 110 range. No one was ready for that change. It sucked!!!!!

Statistically, the hottest days on average in OKC are from July 26th through August 1st with an average high of 94.8 degrees and an average low of 72.6 degrees. Average high stays above 90 degrees through September 3rd,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    We’ll see. I raced/rode bicycles for best time for many years. The Hotter Than Hell Hundred in Witchita Falls was the ride I always trained for my best time at. It’s always the 4th Saturday in August. I don’t remember which year but it was in the 90s somewhere. The whole summer was in the 80s and low 90s so that’s what we trained in. Then that week was in the 100 to 110 range. No one was ready for that change. It sucked!!!!!

Hey Bill, never knew you rode bicycles. I was always into bicycles myself. Enjoyed the ride(s) on motorcycles. Hang in there. Catch up with you later.
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I was probably premature on my comment. lol I do see in the extended range that its going to get near 100 again, but I will enjoy the one week break super hot temperatures.

Nice summer temps are here this week. But we will return to mid 90s and some 100s over the weekend. Our next relief wave looks to potentially be here around the first of August.

Here come the drought.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsoncrazy View Post
    Here come the drought.
    Yep, I tried watering the lawn a few days last week but after seeing how yellow it already was today, I already gave up on it.

Still getting hot heading into the weekend. However, the relief looks like it will come Monday into Tuesday with cooler temperatures and a chance for some rain.

Looking even further ahead into the first couple weeks of August, we could move back into a milder and wetter pattern with some NW flow that we had earlier in the summer, returning.

14. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - July 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Looking even further ahead into the first couple weeks of August, we could move back into a milder and wetter pattern with some NW flow that we had earlier in the summer, returning.
    I hope so.... My soil is cracked and dry in Carter County right now and I need to get wheat seed in the ground in about a month.....Went from being too wet to do any tractor work to being too dry to plant in a heartbeat at my farm.

Mine too. Hopefully it goes the way Anonymous is saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I hope so.... My soil is cracked and dry in Carter County right now and I need to get wheat seed in the ground in about a month.....Went from being too wet to do any tractor work to being too dry to plant in a heartbeat at my farm.

Forecast isn't as bullish anymore for moisture as it was looking last week. May still sneak in some rain Wednesday. Temperatures won't be as hot near 100, but still mid 90s aren't too much better with these dry conditions.

Rainfall departure from normal over the last 45 days is full drought conditions. Especially across C and W OK. This period is eating away at the near-record rainfall numbers we accumulated in late Spring.

17. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - July 2019

Sure feels like a drought all the sudden. Hoping for some rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Forecast isn't as bullish anymore for moisture as it was looking last week. May still sneak in some rain Wednesday. Temperatures won't be as hot near 100, but still mid 90s aren't too much better with these dry conditions.

Rainfall departure from normal over the last 45 days is full drought conditions. Especially across C and W OK. This period is eating away at the near-record rainfall numbers we accumulated in late Spring.
    What's normal for June and July? I know July by itself isn't all that high to begin with. If it turns wetter in August, hopefully we won't be in bad shape.

For OKC, June average is around 5" and July around 3". OKC area is about 8" for June-July, but the large majority of that fell in the very beginning of June. The last 45 days in C OK is about an inch. Which obviously isn't ideal.

This map will update daily, but the running total for last 30 days is shown here: So most of OK has seen less than 30% of normal rainfall over the last month (and more).

Yeah, looks like I'm going to be almost completely skunked for rain in July at my house.

My yard has gone from looking like Augusta National to almost completely brown.

Pretty much all of OKC has gotten zero rain since July 8th. Will Rogers and Wiley Post observation sites are both sitting at less than 0.10" for the month.

On the plus side, looks like we could get into some sort of NW flow pattern for the first half of August, which might be conducive to storm complexes dropping into the Metro from Colorado.

22. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - July 2019

I'm working on getting some sent down that way. I was like Gandolf in the mountains calling out a spell for the monsoons to start to group up to a MCS and curve southeast.

Thread Information