Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saucee Sicilan

Classen Saucee Sicilan

Oklahoman reporting Saucee Sicilian is opening a brick-and-mortar location.

Will take the former Trolley Stop Records spot at 1807 N. Classen. This is directly across from the recently renovated Homeland and just north of Braum's.

https://oklahoman.com/article/563476...orium-due-soon

2. Default Re: Saucee Sicilan

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oklahoman reporting Saucee Sicilian is opening a brick-and-mortar location.

Will take the former Trolley Stop Records spot at 1807 N. Classen. This is directly across from the recently renovated Homeland and just north of Braum's.

https://oklahoman.com/article/563476...orium-due-soon

Love me some Saucee! I selfishly wish it was going to be a bit farther north.

Default Re: Saucee Sicilan

The guy that runs it is super nice and I'm happy they've found a home.

I am not a big food truck person but I've heard very good things about their pizza.

And glad to see Classen getting more love.

Wish them luck but not that far from Empire in the Plaza.

They had a pop up event at this location back on the 7th. We were allowed to sit inside the spaces and it was pretty much stripped to the concrete then. Here's hoping this turns out well for them as their pizza was pretty darn tasty and the staff was super friendly.

This is really great news. I hope this area continues to develop with places like this. This is basically the center point between plaza, midtown, and uptown. Classen 16 will be huge and adding businesses like this to the area will go along way in starting to “stitch” the established districts together.

I also agree the owner is a nice guy. Gave my son a free slice during a school event. Pizza is solid as well so wish him the best.

8. Default Re: Saucee Sicilan

And they have great balls, meatballs that is. I can make a meal out of them.

Great news! They have the best social media posts. I have yet to try their pizza, but based on what I see, it's a crowd favorite.

It is going to be a huge investment to fit that space out with a modern kitchen and everything. I wish them luck!

11. Default Re: Saucee Sicilan

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    It is going to be a huge investment to fit that space out with a modern kitchen and everything. I wish them luck!
    Is this not the same spot that Joey's started in? If it is some of the infrastructure may still be there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4873...8!8i1664?hl=en

Yes, same spot.

Good pizza. Should be a nice location. Parking could be troublesome...more reason this stretch of Classen needs better traffic control and pedestrian access.

When do they expect to be open for business there?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanCOWBOY View Post
    When do they expect to be open for business there?
    I don't think they've even started work yet.

I spoke to the owner since I had not seen any building permits and he said this is still moving forward and should be submitting plans soon.

I hope this works out I loved this food truck. Great owner too.

I do worry the cost difference truck to building is a massive hurdle for any food truck converting to mortar. Also in truck you have captive audience meaning those eating off it have no other lunch choice mostly. Mortar means eaters have to plan to go and can costs work out with overhead.

The Collective might have been a good transition place? If they can keep food quality and control costs yet provide good bang for buck it can work. On truck the pizza is paper plate sized for $8 but diners in mortar will expect bigger helpings.

Rooting for them asI love the owner and will go try them out once settled in to new digs. I guess if for any reason it doesn’t work he can still go back to truck but I imagine that gets old day to day.

One truck I absolutely love is Filipino Fusion that food is like crack to an addict. Their pork adobo is simply awesome! They need a brick and mortar!

I think the plan is for them to have both a brick and mortar and keep the truck running once the brick and mortar is open.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I think the plan is for them to have both a brick and mortar and keep the truck running once the brick and mortar is open.
    Thats smart as the truck will be able to feed diners to their mortar store.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post

The Collective might have been a good transition place? !
    Ehhh sure, if he wanted to give The Collective 25% gross sales. Doubt he wanted to do that and abide by the other rules of the establishment. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Ehhh sure, if he wanted to give The Collective 25% gross sales. Doubt he wanted to do that and abide by the other rules of the establishment. No thanks.

They charge 25% of gross sales? I'm assuming that would include monthly rent but still seems steep.

They have yet to start here because they need a parking variance (code requires more on-site space than are available) from the board of adjustment.

Hopefully this is soon resolved.

Blog Entries

surprised there would be parking minimums here?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    surprised there would be parking minimums here?
    Yeah, it falls outside both the downtown and urban design areas; obviously not included in the Plaza.

So, when that is the case, the standard city parking requirements apply. They would need at least 23 spaces at this site to comply, which is silly.

Among urbanists, there is always the advocacy for virtually eliminating parking requirements, even in suburbs. As we all can see, the big box stores -- for example -- have oceans of parking and never approach capacity.

The other thing that sucks about that is I think ts something like $1800 fee to go to board of adjustments for a variance.

Thread Information