Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 43 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2019-20 OKC Thunder

From Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) on Twitter:

Oklahoma City has increased its efforts this afternoon to shed salary along with the No. 21 pick en route to dodging luxury tax, league sources say. Steven Adams, Andre Roberson, Dennis Schroeder all very available at the moment.
    A lot of folks around here will be awfully upset if Steven goes. . .

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Throckmorton View Post
    From Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) on Twitter:

A lot of folks around here will be awfully upset if Steven goes. . .
    I'd be upset because I like Adams, but I'd also understand it because I'm not sure his contract is appropriate anymore. He's due $25 million. Is his level of play for our team worth that much? Maybe. He seems to get better every year. But in our tax siutation, I wouldn't be surprised or overly upset if Presti moves his contract to save money and brings in shooting help or tries to set us up for something better next year.

He got exposed in the playoffs by Enes Kanter and didn't have a great second half of the season either. If you follow this team then it should not be a surprise that these players are on the trade block.

Get Michael Jordan to coach the team.

He might have a better chance at a ring with another team. Worked for Sege Ibaka.

We did a draft tonight. Taken from the NBA thread:

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    There was a good NY Times article on Bazley in 2018 when he became the New Balance “intern”. Not sure link will work but hopefully,..

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/22/s...w-balance.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Throckmorton View Post
    We did a draft tonight. Taken from the NBA thread:
    A intern for a shoe company that has not played in over a year. Could the THUNDER have picked a more underwelming guy than this? No college, no G league, nuthin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    A intern for a shoe company that has not played in over a year. Could the THUNDER have picked a more underwelming guy than this? No college, no G league, nuthin'.
    New Balance paid Bazley a million bucks for 3 months, as i'm pretty sure he will wear their shoe. He was a McDonalds first team All-American but chose a different route.

Super random pick (classic Presti). He seems like maybe a better Ferguson. Will be cool to see how he does with the Blue. This guy did not play college.

We are in PG's prime and Russell is beginning to exit his, we have the most expensive team in the league. We are clearly in win-now situation for the next few seasons, would not be surprised if Presti isn't finished.

My thoughts on presti. Time to go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C475B09E-F8A0-449A-8BE0-5E72B0DB52D8.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	15356  

Quote Originally Posted by kjones View Post
    My thoughts on presti. Time to go
    Exactly. It's time to fire Presti and Donovan, trade RW and Adams for some actual shooters (Beal, Booker, Reddick, etc.) let DS run the point, and either improve the Love's patch or replace it with something better. You'll note that the play on the floor became markedly worse when the Love's patch was sewn onto the jerseys. That is no small coincidence. It's a terrible patch, and it Shook the players' confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Exactly. It's time to fire Presti and Donovan, trade RW and Adams for some actual shooters (Beal, Booker, Reddick, etc.) let DS run the point, and either improve the Love's patch or replace it with something better. You'll note that the play on the floor became markedly worse when the Love's patch was sewn onto the jerseys. That is no small coincidence. It's a terrible patch, and it Shook the players' confidence.
    Hopefully they tone down the patch. Nothing says Oklahoma like a giant truck stop sign on their jerseys. Maybe use a neutral colored "Loves" or something that blends better with the jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    This is pretty good satire. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by duluoz139 View Post
    Hopefully they tone down the patch. Nothing says Oklahoma like a giant truck stop sign on their jerseys. Maybe use a neutral colored "Loves" or something that blends better with the jerseys.
    LOVE'S paid big $ for that patch. I'm sure they are the deciders on the color palette.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Arizona State guard Luguentz Dort, one of the most exciting athletes in the 2019 NBA draft class, signed as a free agent with the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

The undrafted Dort signed a full two-way contract with OKC.--Adam Wells, June 21, 2019--Twitter

He looks identical to someone who played for the Thunder on an earlier roster; just can recall off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Arizona State guard Luguentz Dort, one of the most exciting athletes in the 2019 NBA draft class, signed as a free agent with the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

The undrafted Dort signed a full two-way contract with OKC.--Adam Wells, June 21, 2019--Twitter

He looks identical to someone who played for the Thunder on an earlier roster; just can recall off the top of my head.
    Sort of looks like DeAndre Liggins, imo

But Emmanual Mudiay is even closer.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

New Uniform Leaks for Oklahoma City Thunder...

Statement concept jerseys 2018-19

Just make the navy blue and orange versions of these jerseys the primary ones already.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Just make the navy blue and orange versions of these jerseys the primary ones already.
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The color scheme is fantastic but man I hate the offset "OKC" lettering.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The color scheme is fantastic but man I hate the offset "OKC" lettering.
    It is meant to represent the seismic shifts we occasionally experience.

I didn't realize the Thunder are replacing their best jerseys -- the navy blue version -- with this orange version. That's a disappointment. I initially thought they were keeping both. I really wish they'd just keep both. It's time to ditch the bland original blue and white jerseys. It's been 11 years long enough.

I just saw on Twitter dot com that Nerlens Noel is not picking up his player option and will become a free agent.

Blog Entries

^Which is what was expected. They can still re-sign him but will be tough. He was on a bargain contract.

Thread Information