Injury Report

OKC - Hamidou Diallo (SG) Out - Andre Roberson (SG) Out

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Pelicans 104 @ Thunder 109

Box score: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160917

Attendance 18,203

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Schroder has really been playing great and is setting himself up to be a very valuable trade asset for us for contending teams needing a point guard...

Blog Entries

Thunder @ Pelicans

Smoothie King Center, New Orleans
    Sunday, December 1, 2019 - 4 p.m.
    TV/Radio: FSOK/98.1 FM

OKC - Hamidou Diallo (SG) & Andre Roberson (SG) Out

Injury Report

NOP - K. Williams (SG) Day-To-Day, Z. Williamson (SF) & D. Favors (PF) Out

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    Schroder has really been playing great and is setting himself up to be a very valuable trade asset for us for contending teams needing a point guard...
    I wouldn't say "very valuable" as there's still a good chance a good outcome for the Thunder is just to get rid of his contract for an expiring contract without an asset attached. Having said that, cap space for next year can be a way to aquire assets by taking on other team's bad contracts. Schröder has played well so maybe the Thunder can get an asset like a second round pick. Here's a nice run down of possibilities: https://dailythunder.com/trade-stock...nnis-schroder/

I would say Gallo is the only Thunder player that fits more in the "very valuable" trade asset category and that's probably to get a late first round pick.

Blog Entries

Thunder 107 @ Pelicans 104

Box score: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160931

Blog Entries

When people are concerned OKC can't support the Thunder I've tried to point out that there are several NBA cities that actually do struggle with attendance in ways I suspect will never happen in OKC. Take New Orleans today: https://twitter.com/joe_mussatto/sta...62326952988673. (Sorry, I can't figure out how to upload the images anymore).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pellies.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	15721  

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I wouldn't say "very valuable" as there's still a good chance a good outcome for the Thunder is just to get rid of his contract for an expiring contract without an asset attached. Having said that, cap space for next year can be a way to aquire assets by taking on other team's bad contracts. Schröder has played well so maybe the Thunder can get an asset like a second round pick. Here's a nice run down of possibilities: https://dailythunder.com/trade-stock...nnis-schroder/

I would say Gallo is the only Thunder player that fits more in the "very valuable" trade asset category and that's probably to get a late first round pick.

Thank goodness you’re not our GM. Presti has earned his reputation for getting max value out of his trade assets. You’re basically talking about a fire sale...and as far as your link, dailythunder is a shell of what it was since Royce left...

Thank goodness you’re not our GM. Presti has earned his reputation for getting max value out of his trade assets. You’re basically talking about a fire sale...and as far as your link, dailythunder is a shell of what it was since Royce left...
    I completely agree that it's great I'm not our GM! lol To the rest of your comment, I didn't say anything remotely close to what you said I said. Presti should, of course, get the maximum value for any asset. I just pointed out that I do not think our assets have a lot of value. If Presti can get a first round pick for Dennis Schröder then he should do it... I don't think that's likely. Because of their contracts, some of our players are actually negative assets. Adams, Paul, and Schröder are all overpaid, which affects their value negatively beyond what they contribute on the court. But, hey, Presti has swindled GMs before so let's hope he can do it again.

Blog Entries

When the news broke 2011 that we were getting Kendrick Perkins/Nate Robinson from Boston for Nenad Krstić/Jeff Green, my first thoughts were Presti is a genius. Then, not knowing what I've learned that there's more to trades, like player pieces that fit into your system--I was the one who was naive.

My greatest concern about going into full tank mode, the psychological affects it could have on players like Gilgeous-Alexander, Diallo, Bazley & Burton--these guys are in advance stages of their development.

There are no guarantees on getting that 1st round game-changer franchise piece regardless of the number of ping pong balls you have in the draft.

Blog Entries

Pacers @ Thunder

Chesapeake Energy Arena
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 7:00 PM

IND - JaKarr Sampson (SF), V. Oladipo (G) - E. Sumner (G), All 3 Out

Injury Report

OKC - Hamidou Diallo (SG) out & Andre Roberson (SG) Out

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I completely agree that it's great I'm not our GM! lol To the rest of your comment, I didn't say anything remotely close to what you said I said. Presti should, of course, get the maximum value for any asset. I just pointed out that I do not think our assets have a lot of value. If Presti can get a first round pick for Dennis Schröder then he should do it... I don't think that's likely. Because of their contracts, some of our players are actually negative assets. Adams, Paul, and Schröder are all overpaid, which affects their value negatively beyond what they contribute on the court. But, hey, Presti has swindled GMs before so let's hope he can do it again.
    That’s just it though, that’s why you’d be an awful GM, you undervalue our players...

Schroder was the starting point guard for Atlanta when we acquired him and he has only improved since. He is only 26 years old and his improvement this year is evident on the offense end but especially on the defense end... he is one underperforming player or an injury away from being very attractive to other teams... To let him go for a second round pick, would be ludicrous... $15.5 million for a starting point guard is not a bad contract and he only has one year left on it..

Gallinari Is an an excellent asset and injury's are the only thing thats been a knock on him... He’s stayed healthy all of last year and this year while playing at a near all star level... there will likely be teams competing for him at the trade deadline among contending teams... The fact that he is an expiring contract makes him even more attractive...

To even think that Presti would take back a bad contact or give up a valuable asset to get rid of either one of them is just silly... they will both be traded this year though and we will shed enough salary in doing so that Adams and Paul’s Contacts aren’t a problem...

Adams is a very special player, our defensive QB and defensive anchor and a very valued veteran playing with our younger players...

You read a lot that Chris Paul has an untradable contract but I don’t think the Thunder care about that or even thought about it when they made the trade... if we never trade him and he plays out his contract here, he is an excellent coach on the floor and influence on our younger players as they develop... he’s a very cerebral player and has certainly earned every bit of his hall of fame status...plus we shed over $40 million of Westbrook’s contract when we traded for him...

I can promise you that Presti doesn’t undervalue any of them...

Blog Entries

Pacers 107 @ Thunder 100

Box score: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160954

Attendance: 18,203

Blog Entries

Timberwolves @ Thunder

Chesapeake Energy Arena
    Friday, December 6, 2019, 7 p.m.

MIN - Naz Reid (C) Day-To-Day, Jake Layman (SF) Out

Injury Report

OKC - Hamidou Diallo (SG) & Andre Roberson (SG) Out

ThatÂ’s just it though, thatÂ’s why youÂ’d be an awful GM, you undervalue our players...
    First, I already agreed I'd be a terrible GM, but you've convinced me you would too... lol. You're making a strawman argument that I would undervalue our players in a trade... I never said that, and if I was an actual GM, I wouldn't do that. You make the best deals you can make, but living in a fantasy world where Schroder is a high level starting point guard isn't a good basis for moving forward either. Schroeder is a negative Value Over Replacement Player (VORP), which means that if you replaced him with an average NBA player, your team would improve. Other stats show the same story (see his below league average PER). Scroll down to the Advanced stats section and take a gander for yourself: https://www.basketball-reference.com...schrode01.html

In short, most stats do NOT indicate that Schroeder has improved that much as a player. It is unlikely any contending team would see him as a starting point guard and tanking teams wouldn't need him. So, yeah, $15 million is not a great deal for an average player who would come off the bench, but you never know, a team could have an injury and a bad contract and he could return a later 1st round pick... but I'm not holding my breath. It's easy to say a guy has trade value, but actually name the team and trade that the Thunder could realistically make with Schoeder?

To your other points:
    - I said Gallinari is a good asset that should get a good return like a 1st round pick so I'm not sure why you included him in your critique.
    - I disagree on your CP3 assessment. The Thunder want to trade him and his massive contract. While his contract won't be a problem if we make other moves, it still prevents a lot of other moves like taking bad salaries for assets. We'd likely move CP3 for expiring contract if the opportunity arose.

Blog Entries

Timberwolves 127 @ Thunder 139 OT

Box score: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160968

Blog Entries

Thunder @ Trailblazers

Moda Center, Portland
    Sunday, December 8, 2019, 8:00 PM

OKC - T. Ferguson (SG) Day-to-Day, H. Diallo (SG) & A. Roberson (SG) Out

Injury Report

POR - Gary Trent Jr., (SG) Out & Rodney Hood, (SG) Out

Blog Entries

One of the most memorable games in Thunder history was played Saturday night inside the Chesapeake Energy Arena. Watch the dramatic highlights that sent the game into overtime.

I juts scared EVERY cat in my house reacting to Adams "Hail Mary" pass.

Blog Entries

Thunder 108 @ Trailblazers 96

Box score: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160983

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Thunder 108 @ Trailblazers 96

Box score: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160983

well, Schröder is looking like the 6th Man of the Year, and this team is firmly in the playoff mix.

should be interesting to see what Sam does. February 7 is the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    well, Schröder is looking like the 6th Man of the Year, and this team is firmly in the playoff mix.

should be interesting to see what Sam does. February 7 is the trade deadline.
    Still think you need to move some people that have value. However it will be a hard call depending if they are like 4-5 games ahead for the 8 seed. Then you might gun for the playoffs. If your tied for 8th or just below than you tank.

I might be alone in this, or just not watching as many games as I used to, but it seems like Paul's flopping and arguing has gone down since he joined the team. I know that happened a lot at Houston and even at the Clips. And it might just be that he is a part of our team and I don't notice it as much.

Thread Information