Widgets Magazine
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1109

Thread: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

1. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Probably, but it's not guaranteed. I think Presti will see what deals are there. We all need to accept that the Thunder will likely get something very meager for CP3. Maybe a late 1st round pick. Paul's contract is so massive there are only a few teams that could even make a trade work. It'll be interesting to see what kind of interest Schroder, Gallo (in a sign and trade), or Adams (probably not a positive asset with his contract) garner on the market. There's a chance that Presti only sees weak offers and the team tries to run it back. Convincing Gallo to stay might be tough though. But, yeah, it's likely that things get blown up.

Funny enough, I would have been fine with Billy staying for a rebuild. I just don't want him coaching a playoff team after three straight years of poor playoff coaching. Even though this team overachieved, I think we win the first round series if Donovan had just used better rotations (e.g., going small more with Bazley and Gallo). If it's a rebuild, I'll embrace it. Low expectations can be fun.
    Don’t they have to stay within something like 80% of equal salaries on a trade?

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

A lot of people think this was just Presti not wanting Billy back, but through the reporting it was mutual. Billy didn't want to come back to rebuild, he wanted to win. I'm sure he will be hired prior to next season and CP3 will be gone to either the Bucks or the Knicks.

Billy Donavon news is interesting. This to me confirms the rebuild is underway. I'd bet they take a shot on a young or assistant coach that's ready to take the next step.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

NBA Coaches Salaries: Highest & Lowest Paid Coaches in the League https://www.boydsbets.com/highest-paid-coaches-nba/

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Don’t they have to stay within something like 80% of equal salaries on a trade?
    Essentially. Here’s a place to test out trades: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Billy Donavon news is interesting. This to me confirms the rebuild is underway. I'd bet they take a shot on a young or assistant coach that's ready to take the next step.
    I bet Thunder is going to hire Brett Brown

Thunder could benefit greatly from a Nuggets G7 win tonight. Also a potential shakeup brewing down in Houston is pretty beneficial to the team.

If both of these teams breakup, there is potential to fall into lottery land within the next 1-3 seasons. Thus, Presti's already-fantastic haul becomes much juicer.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I bet Thunder is going to hire Brett Brown
    Certainly a possibility. He's been through a rebuild. Seems like a good coach and person. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a new face rather than another coach who just failed in Philly. GMs have a real tendency to hire the same coaches over and over again.

I think it's either Mo Cheeks or Mark Daigneault

10. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

In true Presti fashion, I think it will be someone we're not thinking of. And then we will all debate whether it's a terrible idea or pure genius.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    In true Presti fashion, I think it will be someone we're not thinking of. And then we will all debate whether it's a terrible idea or pure genius.
    Agree, that's the Presti way...

12. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Becky Hammon

13. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Thunder could benefit greatly from a Nuggets G7 win tonight. Also a potential shakeup brewing down in Houston is pretty beneficial to the team.

If both of these teams breakup, there is potential to fall into lottery land within the next 1-3 seasons. Thus, Presti's already-fantastic haul becomes much juicer.
    We got our wish.

14. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Becky Hammon
    I’m somewhat confident that she might actually get one of the open head coach positions. Since we’re likely to not be a contender for a few years I’d like to see us make history and hire her. Be a kind of “bridge” coach for us, give her experience and make history. But I don’t expect us to be where she lands if she does.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

How about Antonio Daniels or Nancy Lieberman...
    ...both were good color analysts for Fox Oklahoma Thunder telecasts.

16. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

How about Antonio Daniels or Nancy Lieberman...
    ...both were good color analysts for Fox Oklahoma Thunder telecasts.
    They both know basketball.

They both know basketball.
    Agree...but so does Doc Rivers.

18. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Agree...but so does Doc Rivers.
    Cannot see Doc Rivers coming here. A place with no real plan for where they're going or how they're going to get there isn't real attractive to a major coach. Or at least I would think.

Adrian Griffin is my guess.

Cannot see Doc Rivers coming here. A place with no real plan for where they're going or how they're going to get there isn't real attractive to a major coach. Or at least I would think.
    I know wishful thinking right? Sounds like Philly got Doc.

21. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I know wishful thinking right? Sounds like Philly got Doc.
    Yeah. I'm expecting we'll give a new or fairly new head coach a chance to prove themselves or not.

Mo Cheeks. He is a well respected coach around the league, appears to like OKC and our system, and isn’t gonna get a sniff from another team. This probably his last chance to get HC money and nothing that happens in the next 3 years will change his reputation around the league.

A first time HC might have his future prospects derailed if we lose big over those same 3 years.

23. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Mo Cheeks. He is a well respected coach around the league, appears to like OKC and our system, and isn’t gonna get a sniff from another team. This probably his last chance to get HC money and nothing that happens in the next 3 years will change his reputation around the league.

A first time HC might have his future prospects derailed if we lose big over those same 3 years.
    I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Adrian Griffin is my guess.
    I think this is the best guess... but you know Presti will likely hire someone we’ve never heard of.

25. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I think this is the best guess... but you know Presti will likely hire someone we’ve never heard of.
    It would surprise me if he does otherwise.

Thread Information