Widgets Magazine
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 404142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,109 of 1109

Thread: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I think this is the best guess... but you know Presti will likely hire someone we’ve never heard of.
    Agree Dan,

Presti will probably hire a proven university men's coach who can come in an quickly take the players Donovan had and add a few pieces to quickly make them competitive.

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Agree Dan,

Presti will probably hire a proven university men's coach who can come in an quickly take the players Donovan had and add a few pieces to quickly make them competitive.
    I think we are in the most NBA, in house-centric period of the Thunder existence. Our team is forced by circumstance to be more financially responsible than it has been. Ownership is wealthy, but their ability to spend deep into the Luxury Tax is both financially and competitively challenged this year, and probably for the next 3 years. We have reached the level where the Spurs/Thunder model will provide talented coaching from within for a “reasonable” salary. Sam didn’t spend the last decade building the Thunder Way in order to make a splashy, outside hire.

3. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

I just hope there's a plan in there somewhere. I'm sure I've said this before but the word rebuilding scares me. My Dolphins have been rebuilding since Marino retired. My Avalanche were good this past season for the first time since 1998.

The one of the biggest competitive advantages in the NBA is ownership and management. The Thunder have good, smart leadership. Considering that we already have a head start with draft picks, three promising players (SGA, Bazley, Dort), and good management, the Thunder should be okay. A lot of teams that perpetually fail have bad management who often take shortcuts and make bad moves. The Kings, of course, are the best example of a poorly run team, but there are plenty of others. Moreover, Tilman Fertitta fits the bill as a bad owner and we own 2 Rockets picks and have 2 swaps. Heck, another bad finish and the Clippers might implode and we have their entire future in our hands. In short, I'm not worried.

Agree Dan,

Outside of Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens the track record of college coaches transitioning successfully to the NBA is not good.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Outside of Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens the track record of college coaches transitioning successfully to the NBA is not good.
    True, however, a coach who can transition his players to the small-ball concept will have a competitive product to place out on the court. You won't see the big man game die out completely; coaches will need to know when to mix and match.

Who would have ever thought players like Darius Bazley (2019: Rd 1, Pk 23) and Luguentz Dort (Undrafted Pk) would have achieved and developed (with more expectations to come) as much as they did during their rookie season.

As much as we all loved Westbrook; he didn't have to patience to become a team player and make those around him play as a team--this became more evident when he played for Houston.

Let's see what Donovan will be able to do in Chicago...

True, however, a coach who can transition his players to the small-ball concept will have a competitive product to place out on the court. You won't see the big man game die out completely; coaches will need to know when to mix and match.

Who would have ever thought players like Darius Bazley (2019: Rd 1, Pk 23) and Luguentz Dort (Undrafted Pk) would have achieved and developed (with more expectations to come) as much as they did during their rookie season.

As much as we all loved Westbrook; he didn't have to patience to become a team player and make those around him play as a team--this became more evident when he played for Houston.

Let's see what Donovan will be able to do in Chicago...
    the lakers are winning the title with the biggest team in the league

8. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

I've heard a handful of local and national BB commentators say that
    the Thunder can take their time finding a coach. With the draft just a few weeks away and the proposed season start sometime between Christmas and Valentines I would be pretty much in a hurry.

9. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

What is everyone thinking about the new coach? He seems very solid imo

Thread Information