Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I am not a Thunder fan but where did you hear George wanted out? I thought George wanted to stay because he is good friends with Westbrick? I can not imagine Westbrick is too happy about it
    It came up over the last few days. Woj alluded to it and Royce Young’s article on ESPN goes into more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    It came up over the last few days. Woj alluded to it and Royce Young’s article on ESPN goes into more detail.
    Thank you, I appreciate it, I guess Paul saying he wants to stay and bring a championship to the Thunder is all a lie but I guess he wants to return home which I can not blame him

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ove-clips-deal

Presti pursued a package of Russell Westbrook with George to the Raptors -- with the NBA's Most Improved Player, forward Pascal Siakam as the centerpiece of a deal -- and Ujiri balked, league sources said

You all should be glad that did not happen

Kawhi recruited PG to go with him to the Clippers. PG did us a favor, getting all the draft picks and complementary players in return. Way more than we got from KD....

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Last night my washer went out; wouldn't advance past the full cycle. The damn thing was full of clothes; therefore took the clothes out and had to dip the water out, put the wet clothes in the bath tub. Said to myself, 'what a mess.'

Woke up this morning to this mess...

What a beautiful morning; what a wonderful world...

Couldn't focus my eyes as I viewed the Oklahoman online digital report on Paul George... ...what in the hell just happen. Our team just IMPLODED...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Kawhi recruited PG to go with him to the Clippers. PG did us a favor, getting all the draft picks and complementary players in return. Way more than we got from KD....
    Thunder got nothing from Durant but yeah, I know what you mean

Unfortunately, Westbrook doesn’t have much trade value with his gigantic contract. There are several paths for the Thunder now. however, everyone assuming that thunder and blowing it up should pause. Presti could easily use some of these assets to reduce salary and get some players and go for the low seed. It’s not like they accomplished much more than the first round exit the last two years anyway. We’ll see. ...

9. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Wish it was Westbrook leaving and not PG. Wes is such an anchor.

I wonder if Westbrook's value is higher at the trade deadline going to a team who wants a star for the following season to compliment someone else or compliment an up and coming piece, but that is having a rough year and guaranteed to have a higher seed draft pick.

Who can trade their 2020 1st rounder right now?

Blog Entries

No doubt was pretty startling news on the wake up this AM. With that said, don’t lose sight of how huge the PG re-signing last summer was for the Thunder. If that hadn’t occurred, OKC was left with nothing. Instead got a huge haul of draft picks and a pretty promising guard as well. That could have easily been ZILCH had the Thunder recruiting job not worked last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Unfortunately, Westbrook doesn’t have much trade value with his gigantic contract. ...
    Going to have to disagree completely.
    Westbrook has a huge contract but is a top 10 player.
    Teams like the knicks, the heat and others would love to have. A superstar on their team regardless of the contract .

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Going to have to disagree completely.
    Westbrook has a huge contract but is a top 10 player.
    Teams like the knicks, the heat and others would love to have. A superstar on their team regardless of the contract .
    Agree with this. OKC was tapped out facing a huge tax bill. This was simply unsustainable for the franchise. The current team was not going to win a championship with the movement already happening in FA. We had no financial flexibility and not picks to parlay into another Star. For me this was a great out for the organization going forward. Looking out 3-4 years I can see the Thunder once again competing for championships. Several current Stars will be far past their primes ( including RW). I am talking the long view here. I wish PG-13 the best, he was a net positive in every way while in OKC. I am not butt hurt about the move, I'm optimistic. with all these moves still only one of these super teams not can win it all, who will be second take your pick but OKC was slated as a 6 or lower seed before the Kawhi news.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Wish it was Westbrook leaving and not PG. Wes is such an anchor.
    +1. I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    +1. I concur.
    Wouldn't really matter. The end result would likely be the same worthier way

I didn't expect posters to use the Paul George trade as an opportunity to wish Westbrook was gone too, but here we are. Nevermind that Russ saved this franchise from blowing it up three years ago and *is* the reason Paul George ever decided to stay (Presti couldn't make that trade without Russ).

Anyway, Russ will be gone soon, but just don't expect to get a ton back for him. There are some dumb teams out there, but paying 36 year old Russ $50 million will be terrible value. Teams understand this, but I there are some possibilities and desperate teams out there. Maybe Orlando, Detroit, or even the Spurs. I don't think it'll be long before OKC is a bottom 5 team in tanking mode. This trade gives OKC a great start on rebuilding. I really like Shai Gilgous-Alexander and I think OKC will look to move Gallinari, who is a quality player. If the right deals aren't there then OKC might wait to make the trade until later in the season. One other note: OKC keeps its first round pick in 2020 if it's in the top 20, which is very likely now.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Which teams can pull off a Russell Westbrook trade?

Kevin PeltonESPN Staff Writer

What would Russell Westbrook's trade value be and where might he fit best? https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...estbrook-trade

With ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Royce Young reporting that Westbrook's camp and the Oklahoma City Thunder are engaged to ponder their future after Paul George was dealt to the LA Clippers early Saturday morning, it's time to consider the possibility of a Westbrook trade. That's true even if only a few teams would have the ability to take on Westbrook's $38.5 million salary and the willingness to offer value in return.

Just listened to the new Zach Lowe/Woj podcast and Lowe said he thinks it would be a big win for the Thunder if they don’t have to give up an asset (player/pick) to get a team to take Westbrook. In short, he thinks Westbrook on his huge contract is actually a negative asset. Pretty depressing take from plugged in guys. I think that is a little pessimistic and I think there’s a team where OKC can get some positive value. Hopefully.

Just listened to the new Zach Lowe/Woj podcast and Lowe said he thinks it would be a big win for the Thunder if they don’t have to give up an asset (player/pick) to get a team to take Westbrook. In short, he thinks Westbrook on his huge contract is actually a negative asset. Pretty depressing take from plugged in guys. I think that is a little pessimistic and I think there’s a team where OKC can get some positive value. Hopefully.
    Do not hold your breath on it, they will have to give up an asset or a player like Adams (Westbrook said he wants Adams to come with him) to take Westbrook's contract

The Knicks (or Suns) seem stupid enough to assume RW’s contract. The problem is, I’m not sure either has the kind of cap space that would allow them to make the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Agree with this. OKC was tapped out facing a huge tax bill. This was simply unsustainable for the franchise. The current team was not going to win a championship with the movement already happening in FA. We had no financial flexibility and not picks to parlay into another Star. For me this was a great out for the organization going forward. Looking out 3-4 years I can see the Thunder once again competing for championships. Several current Stars will be far past their primes ( including RW). I am talking the long view here. I wish PG-13 the best, he was a net positive in every way while in OKC. I am not butt hurt about the move, I'm optimistic. with all these moves still only one of these super teams not can win it all, who will be second take your pick but OKC was slated as a 6 or lower seed before the Kawhi news.
    This is the take every Thunder fan should have if we're being logical. This lineup was prohibitively expensive and was not going to win a championship--maybe not even get out of the first round. Because it was prohibitively expensive, we weren't going to be able to improve it with good free agents for at least two years. At that point, it's highly likely PG walks anyway as a free agent and Russ is past his prime and not worth what we're paying for him.

This move gives us a great head start on the future and may have saved the franchise. Imagine losing PG in two years for absolutely nothing AND we have no draft picks because we've previously traded them. With the trade, we've replenished the draft picks, we have a point guard of the future in SGA, and we're going to have good cap space in 2 years (assuming we trade one of RW or SA).

We're in a good spot and I think fans should be excited about getting to see a young team develop and build to contend right as these current superstar teams are aging out. Good job by Presti in a really difficult situation.

I didn't expect posters to use the Paul George trade as an opportunity to wish Westbrook was gone too, but here we are. Nevermind that Russ saved this franchise from blowing it up three years ago and *is* the reason Paul George ever decided to stay (Presti couldn't make that trade without Russ).
    That was in the past, now its time to look towards the future. Fans seem to think players are family or something.

Now the talk has shifted towards how to get rid of a "toxic asset" by packaging him with someone else.

Blog Entries

Good point, Dan

Looked at how Memphis basically imploded their roster. IMO, this is a good move for the Thunder to clean house, or a one Thunder fan called this, 'a mercy killing,' definitely time to also move my favorite player, Westbrook.

My concern is why did Presti wait so long to act.

The season ticket base in OKC is among the best in the NBA.

It's taken me time to evaluate what happened with the George Trade. The Thunder rebuild will be a real challenge for Donovan, who may be the next piece the Thunder moves.

Wouldn't want to predict what this season will be like, as for the Thunder, 'Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    The Knicks (or Suns) seem stupid enough to assume RW’s contract. The problem is, I’m not sure either has the kind of cap space that would allow them to make the deal.
    Suns signed Rubio a few days ago so Suns do not have any interest in Westbrook

Thread Information