Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Kanter only got 2 year $10 million from Boston. So not sure Noel is going to get a big contract.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Kanter only got 2 year $10 million from Boston. So not sure Noel is going to get a big contract.
    Noel is so much better as a defensive player

Free agent center/forward Richaun Holmes has agreed to a two-year, $10M deal with the Sacramento Kings, league sources tell Another Back up 10 million 2 year. Can't see Noel getting much more. Rumor was 2 years 13 million to stay in OKC. Not sure he is getting a better offer.

Royce Young @royceyoung

The Thunder are signing guard Alec Burks, according to a league source. A 6-foot-6 ball-handling guard with a career 35.5 percentage from 3 that will help boost their second unit rotation.

Free agent Nerlens Noel has asked OKC for time to re-evaluate their earlier commitment on a new deal, and sides are continuing discussions, league sources tell ESPN.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Nerlens Noel is agreed on a deal with OKC -- again, league source tells ESPN.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Sacramento Kings guard Alec Burks (13) slaps hands with head coach Dave Joerger at Golden 1 Center on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019 in Sacramento. Paul Kitagaki Jr. pkitagaki@sacbee.com

The Thunder have agreed to a deal with free agent guard Alec Burks, a league source tells ESPN. Burks, 27, is a slashing, ball-handling guard with a career 35.5 percentage from 3 that will bolster OKC's second unit. Burks spent his first seven seasons with the Jazz, but was traded last season to the Cavs and then to the Kings. He averaged 8.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 64 games between the three teams last season.--Royce Young, ESPN

Alec Burks Full Game Highlight VS Oklahoma City Thunders (8 Points, 3 Rebounds)

Blog Entries

Alec Burks 2019 Highlights || Welcome to the Thunder!
    HT/WT 6' 6", 214 lbs

Thunder bringing aboard more 3 point shooters.

Blog Entries

July 2, 2008

Blog Entries

2019 Free Agency: Multiple Teams Interested In Jamal Crawford

At age 39, Jamal Crawford still has some basketball left in him. While he is obviously a shell of his former self, he proved to be a valuable asset for the Suns last year as both a scorer and a veteran locker room presence.

Nobody really knows what is next for Jamal, but there are a number of teams who would be willing to take him on if he continues his career.

As a 3x Sixth Man of the Year and career 14.6 points per game scorer, Crawford is a guy you can stick just about anywhere. He plays within his role, gets easy points for his team, and stays away from adding locker room drama.

After previous stints with Minnesota, Phoenix, and the Clippers (to name a few), could he return to Los Angeles to play with LeBron James? It would make a lot of sense, especially if Crawford wants the chance to win a Championship. His shooting would be needed for the team, and his veteran presence would keep the roster together.

The Sixers, Thunder, and Heat are also in pursuit of the 39-year-old star.

Source: https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/07/03...amal-crawford/

Blog Entries

Jamal Crawford Career Highlights

Does Crawford have any game left.

Blog Entries

Former Thunder G Alex Abrines: 'I even got to hate' basketball

Nick Bromberg
    Yahoo Sports July 3, 2019, 7:47 AM

Alex Abrines played in just two games for the Thunder after the calendar flipped to 2019. (AP)

Former Oklahoma City Thunder guard Alex Abrines posted a video to Instagram Wednesday morning explaining why he parted ways with the team in February and missed substantial time ahead of his release.

The Thunder said Abrines had been missing time for personal reasons and didn’t elaborate on what those reasons were throughout the season. According to Abrines’ video, his relationship with the game of basketball started to fall apart and he lost the joy that he used to get when he played.

“Dear friend, what a mess! So much time spent together and now you do this to me. We’ve known each other since I did not know how to walk. Years and years of indestructible friendship until a few months ago when everything broke into a thousand pieces just because you started to frighten me. I couldn’t even see you. I even got to hate you. To be with you was little less than an obligation. I avoided you in the slightest chance. I just wanted to run away from you and everything around you. I spent a lot of time telling myself that all this could not be truth. It didn’t make sense. It had to go back to what it was. That’s why I asked for help to my own people and used the best professionals to mend the happiness that I felt every time we were together.”

Abrines was released Feb. 9

The Spanish guard played in 29 of Oklahoma City’s first 32 games of the 2018-19 season. But after playing on Dec. 23 he stepped away from the team. He played in just two more games the rest of the season before the Thunder released him to help him deal with his issues. Throughout Abrines’ absence, the Thunder said they were being as supportive as possible.

A second-round pick of the Thunder in the 2013 draft, Abrines averaged 5.3 points a game a season ago, the same number he’s averaged throughout his career. As mental health issues still can have a stigma attached to them, Abrines is making a bold step to reveal his battles with basketball happiness publicly. And it was even a bigger step to go seek professional help in the first place when he knew that something was wrong.

On line link full story copy: https://sports.yahoo.com/former-thun...124736383.html

Strange, he found his joy again after he left the Thunder; he's already signed a contract to play in Europe.

Blowing things up. Sad to see PG go.

They got such a good haul of picks, pretty excited about this.

15. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

And the LOOONG wait to a title begins now. Sad that this era is over though. KD ruined it. Period. And now another turncoat leaves OKC...PG.

I think it was time for Thunder fans to accept reality and start a rebuild.

Got a monster haul of picks for PG, who evidently wanted out anyway. Bet they could deal Westbrook for something gigantic as well.

17. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

Got a monster haul of picks for PG, who evidently wanted out anyway. Bet they could deal Westbrook for something gigantic as well.
    Might as well...wish the Lakers had someone we wanted. Would they give up Kuzma and...well, I just don't know of anyone else. It was so fun to watch with pride from 2010-2016 and have this team from our small market just killing it in this internationally known league. With KD staying, I think it would have culminated in a parade though. Too bad that's not how the storybook ended. Now we have to start all over. Patience really is a virtue. It will be a while before we have basketball in late April around here again...the West is so good right now. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Might as well...wish the Lakers had someone we wanted. Would they give up Kuzma and...well, I just don't know of anyone else. It was so fun to watch with pride from 2010-2016 and have this team from our small market just killing it in this internationally known league. With KD staying, I think it would have culminated in a parade though. Too bad that's not how the storybook ended. Now we have to start all over. Patience really is a virtue. It will be a while before we have basketball in late April around here again...the West is so good right now. Sad.
    Another good reason to have made this deal. Thunder are still going to have extra picks in seven years, and who knows what the landscape of the league is going to look like then. They were never getting past the conference semifinals with the current roster construction, and they just bought a whole lot of time to put together another team that can actually contend. Excited to see what happens.

How crazy is this...who could have even imagined that what was holding Leonard up from signing with a team was that he was recruiting PG and PG requesting a trade...

The big question now is what’s next? Anything’s possible if we’re truly blowing it up... I can’t imagine trading Russ but no one else is safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

Exactly. We were staring at yet another first round exit even with PG on the roster. I wouldn’t mind if we completely blew things up by trading RB for a point guard that can shoot and might actually want to stick around long term, a la Trae Young.

I am not at all sad about this. We needed/had to shed salary. We were not going to win a championship this year even with PG. PG will be treated kindly by OKC fans and should be. He is/was a great guy/player in the City. Now the "rebuilding starts" and we knew eventually OKC would have to do. I am 'excited' about the possibilities now whereas before we were just stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Another good reason to have made this deal. Thunder are still going to have extra picks in seven years, and who knows what the landscape of the league is going to look like then. They were never getting past the conference semifinals with the current roster construction, and they just bought a whole lot of time to put together another team that can actually contend. Excited to see what happens.
    +1111

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Exactly. We were staring at yet another first round exit even with PG on the roster. I wouldn’t mind if we completely blew things up by trading RB for a point guard that can shoot and might actually want to stick around long term, a la Trae Young.
    That point guard of the future might already be on the roster. SGA was shooting pretty well from 3 during the last two months of his rookie campaign.

I am not a Thunder fan but where did you hear George wanted out? I thought George wanted to stay because he is good friends with Westbrick? I can not imagine Westbrick is too happy about it

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    I am not at all sad about this. We needed/had to shed salary. We were not going to win a championship this year even with PG. PG will be treated kindly by OKC fans and should be. He is/was a great guy/player in the City. Now the "rebuilding starts" and we knew eventually OKC would have to do. I am 'excited' about the possibilities now whereas before we were just stuck.
    I have mixed emotions but that’s pretty much how I feel. Now we have the flexibility and assets to either make some moves to compliment RW and Adams or blow it up completely and rebuild (which I think is the more likely scenario...and kind of hope is the path they take at this point). The addition of SGA and Gallinari shouldn’t be overlooked in this trade. They at least give the Thunder the option to attempt to complete now if they want but Gallinari is a good player with trade value to a contender and SGA is a promising rookie point guard who I’m sure the Clips weren’t thrilled about including in the trade.

At any rate, I’m glad that we got ourselves out of the mediocrity trap that we looked bound for.

Thread Information