Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

I don’t think Thunder have been blown out all season. Could have won 4 games we lost, which considering what we lost is amazing!

Close losses and to playoff caliber teams:
    Jazz 100-95
    Rockets 116-112
    Blazers 102-99
    Bucks 121-119

If we pull those out we are 8-2. Granted, we didn’t and you can’t undo whats done. My point is to illustrate how competitive this team has been. Our roster churn and loss of top players means a lot of new moving parts. But these young players are learning and will pay off in future years.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Just reinforces that this franchise is not in any trouble.

OKC has had strong fan support for 11 Thunder seasons and 13 in NBA if you count the years of Hornets-Pelicans support post Katrina.

The streak of 389 consecutive since 2010, exhibits a healthy NBA market.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by okc guy View Post
    i don’t think thunder have been blown out all season. Could have won 4 games we lost, which considering what we lost is amazing!

Close losses and to playoff caliber teams:
    Jazz 100-95
    rockets 116-112
    blazers 102-99
    bucks 121-119

if we pull those out we are 8-2. Granted, we didn’t and you can’t undo whats done. My point is to illustrate how competitive this team has been. Our roster churn and loss of top players means a lot of new moving parts. But these young players are learning and will pay off in future years.
    jinx

Blog Entries

Thunder 85 @ Pacers 111

Attendance: 15,838

Blog Entries

Thunder @ 76ers

Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
    Friday, November 15, 2019, 7 p.m.

OKC - Terrance Ferguson (SG) Day-To-Day - Andre Roberson (SG) Out

Injuries

Phila - Shake Milton (SG) Out

It's a home game, Laramie. At least I hope so as I'm planning to travel to OKC for it.

Wonder why they are still carrying Roberson? A couple months ago he was supposedly working out with team and since then it has been radio silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Wonder why they are still carrying Roberson? A couple months ago he was supposedly working out with team and since then it has been radio silence.
    They're still carrying him because, well, he has a contract for this season. There's really no point in buying him out or anything. In fact, he's likely a good influence on our young defenders.

There hasn't been radio silence. The Thunder have communicated updates and Roberson still is working out with the team. However, Roberson was either overly optimistic or misled in saying he was "ready to go." Supposedly, he is expected to be back sometime soon.

But, yeah, I think there's a chance his career is generally over. Not many players miss this much time and ever really return.

I truly believe if Roberson never went down (or returned even last season). That Russ and PG would still be here and we would not have been bounced in Round 1 either season.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    They're still carrying him because, well, he has a contract for this season. There's really no point in buying him out or anything. In fact, he's likely a good influence on our young defenders.

There hasn't been radio silence. The Thunder have communicated updates and Roberson still is working out with the team. However, Roberson was either overly optimistic or misled in saying he was "ready to go." Supposedly, he is expected to be back sometime soon.

But, yeah, I think there's a chance his career is generally over. Not many players miss this much time and ever really return.
    Taking load management to a new level. I just have not seen any updates on him since the summer, so thanks for letting me know. He should be getting to be a 90% free throw shooter by now with as much time he has had to improve himself in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    jinx
    Beat me to it. Looked like the whole team forgot how to shoot the ball last night. Pacers are pretty good defensive team but the thunder missed a ton of open shots. Sabonis has really come a long way since his rookie year.

Blog Entries

^I was just kidding you. Sometimes its just not your night. I look forward to these upcoming Friday night games - 76ers and Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post

Agree. We have no chance of title so no risk in keeping him. He is a good guy and can help the newbies. Ferg defense hss been better this year maybe Robes os helping.

I know Robes os rare nowadays in that he loved loved loved to play defense. He actually studied every player he was gonna face on his own time and if one looks back at his last healthy season he shut down all the big dogs. His ability to guard the opposing best player meant less wear on our other starters this saving energy yet throttling their best player.

I also agree he will never be the same. His injury was non contact and is taking forever. But based on our situation we have nothing to lose keeping him if he comes back even at 85% thats still pretty good. Still young enough were he to get back could help us in future years. But we’ll need to know by end of this year as we start making key long term moves for the rebuild.

Hope for the best but fear the worst

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Agree. We have no chance of title so no risk in keeping him. He is a good guy and can help the newbies. Ferg defense hss been better this year maybe Robes os helping.

I know Robes os rare nowadays in that he loved loved loved to play defense. He actually studied every player he was gonna face on his own time and if one looks back at his last healthy season he shut down all the big dogs. His ability to guard the opposing best player meant less wear on our other starters this saving energy yet throttling their best player.

I also agree he will never be the same. His injury was non contact and is taking forever. But based on our situation we have nothing to lose keeping him if he comes back even at 85% thats still pretty good. Still young enough were he to get back could help us in future years. But we’ll need to know by end of this year as we start making key long term moves for the rebuild.

Hope for the best but fear the worst
    You really have to wonder at this point but I still hope he’s able to come back,

But even if he’s not, he is a great teammate, influence and veteran locker room presence for the younger guys...and as an $11 million expiring contract, he could prove to be a very valuable trade piece at the deadline, especially as part of a bigger trade...

Blog Entries

Hope Andre Roberson is able to return; cautiously optimistic.

Thunder had its first tragic game. They'll be alright.

Blog Entries

76ers @ Thunder

Chesapeake Energy Arena
    Friday, November 15, 2019, 7 p.m.
    TV/Radio: FSOK/98.1 FM

PHI - Shake Milton (SG) Out

Injuries

OKC - Terrance Ferguson (SG) Day-To-Day - Andre Roberson (SG) Out

Blog Entries

76ers 119 @ Thunder 127 OT

Great win. Really fun game too! I love watching this team. Philly was so much bigger than our guys at every position but they never gave up.

Quick update on Westbrook. Rockets are 10-3 but noticed he is shooting an amazing 21% from three point land lol. Harden is still having to carry that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Quick update on Westbrook. Rockets are 10-3 but noticed he is shooting an amazing 21% from three point land lol. Harden is still having to carry that team.
    Using one stat (Westbrook's 3 point %) to draw a sweeping conclusion (Harden is carrying them in spite of Westbrook) is why they say stats show whatever you want. I think it's actually worked out largely as you would expect. Harden and Westbrook are who they are. Having said that, Harden had the worst shooting start of his career and Westbrook carried a lot of the load early on. Harden is a lot better than Westbrook so it's no surprise that the Rockets' success will rely on him, but I am actually surprised at the volume of stats Russ is putting up this season.

Blog Entries

Thunder @ Clippers

Staples Center, Los Angeles
    Monday, November 18, 7 p.m.
    TV/Radio: FSOK/98.1 FM

OKC - Hamidou Diallo (SG) Day-To-Day - Andre Roberson (SG) Out

Injury Report

LAC - K. Leonard (SF), P. BeverleyPG both,Day-To-Day, L. Shamet (SG) Out

Blog Entries

Correction on game time.

Gametime is 9:30PM CST on Monday Night and is to be televised on FS Oklahoma . You can listen to the game on WWLS the Sports Animal 98.1 FM in OKC and 97.1 FM The Sports Animal in Tulsa and the Thunder radio Network.

Blog Entries

ESPN Power rating summary on the Thunder:

17. Oklahoma City Thunder
    Record: 5-7
    Week 4 ranking: 18

He started slowly, but Chris Paul has quietly put together a couple of weeks of very good basketball. His game Friday against the 76ers was vintage Point God stuff, with him running the game down the stretch, mastering the midrange, finding open shooters for daggers and competing in mismatches on the defensive end. The Thunder are plus-3.3 points per 100 possessions with Paul on the floor and minus-5.3 with him off. Assists are at a career low, but that's more an indication of Paul's buy-in to give Shai Gilgeous-Alexander room to breathe than anything else. -- Young

This week: @LAC, @LAL, LAL

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    ESPN Power rating summary on the Thunder:

17. Oklahoma City Thunder
    Record: 5-7
    Week 4 ranking: 18

He started slowly, but Chris Paul has quietly put together a couple of weeks of very good basketball. His game Friday against the 76ers was vintage Point God stuff, with him running the game down the stretch, mastering the midrange, finding open shooters for daggers and competing in mismatches on the defensive end. The Thunder are plus-3.3 points per 100 possessions with Paul on the floor and minus-5.3 with him off. Assists are at a career low, but that's more an indication of Paul's buy-in to give Shai Gilgeous-Alexander room to breathe than anything else. -- Young

This week: @LAC, @LAL, LAL
    Ahead of Portland. That’s enough for me.

To give you an idea of how long has it been since Andre Roberson played in a game for the Oklahoma City Thunder:

Steven Adams & Terrance Ferguson are the only two players left from the roster at the time of Roberson’s injury.

Thread Information