Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Sorta stinks for OKC, but they have a pretty good ability to take "lockeroom problem" type players and get them rehabbed for higher contracts down the road. Dion Waiters, Enes Kanter, Nerlens Noel, etc.
    Robert Swift, Mitch McGary, Deandre Liggins... oh, wait.

To be fair about McGary, the Thunder drafted him, as well as Swift with the Sonics. I'm thinking more of acquiring people on the cheap to eventually have them get larger deals.

The Liggins thing is a good point though. He, uh, didn't exactly rehab his image/play. And Markieff Morris seemed more "meh" than anything, so it's not exactly a 100% success rate.

I was just kidding and pointing out some problematic guys, but with the exception of Reggie Jackson during his last season, I don't remember the Thunder having any guys that constituted a locker room problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I was just kidding and pointing out some problematic guys, but with the exception of Reggie Jackson during his last season, I don't remember the Thunder having any guys that constituted a locker room problem.
    Yeah, I gotcha! And yeah, I think Jackson is the only player the Thunder have had where he was obviously disgruntled.

Also, I know Melo isn't exactly beloved here, but everything I've read/heard about him says he was really well-liked in the locker room and only voiced his frustrations with playing time AFTER the season during exit interviews. He never badmouthed the organization/fans/city, even opting to waive his no-trade clause to come here and was willing to be traded to Atlanta to get us Schroder.

OKC has been fortunate to not have any super ugly locker room issues in its short history.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

NBA Rumors: Thunder Could Acquire Kevin Love For Steven Adams, Terrance Ferguson, And Hamidou Diallo: https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...lo-575237.html

I've never understood any negativity towards Melo. By all accounts, he was a great locker room guy whom the front office, coaches, and fans all wanted. It always felt dirty to see everyone turn on him personally (e.g., he's selfish) as his game deteriorated. Anyway, I think a lot of Thunder fans do like Melo too though.

Antonio Daniels is leaving FSOK to be the new color guy for the Pelicans.

Blog Entries

NBA Player Salaries - 2019-2020

Steven Adams, Oklahoma City $24,157,303
    Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers $24,119,025

Source: http://www.espn.com/nba/salaries

An even trade for Kevin Love would be nice; Love IMO is a walking injury report.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    NBA Rumors: Thunder Could Acquire Kevin Love For Steven Adams, Terrance Ferguson, And Hamidou Diallo: https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...lo-575237.html
    If you don't hear it from Woj take it with some scepticism

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    You bet.

Adams IMO we are paying to much for his services. Nerlens Noel is going to test the free market. Small ball may be our best option; Donovan IMO is ill prepared to make that transition.

Presti's buns will get toasted on the hot seat; if the Thunder doesn't show any2019-20 improvement.

11. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Love IMO is a walking injury report.
    My first thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The color scheme is fantastic but man I hate the offset "OKC" lettering.
    It is meant to represent the seismic shifts we occasionally experience.

Totally. This trade also doesn't pass the smell test. There's no question OKC is trying to shave money off it's tax bill and this would add to it. Love is making $29, 31, 31, 29 million the next four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Throckmorton View Post
    Antonio Daniels is leaving FSOK to be the new color guy for the Pelicans.
    That really hurts, I had really became a fan of his. I knew his days were numbered here in OKC, he was way too talented. but I thought one of the national networks would steal him away not a lateral move to NO.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    That really hurts, I had really became a fan of his. I knew his days were numbered here in OKC, he was way too talented. but I thought one of the national networks would steal him away not a lateral move to NO.
    Think he is gonna take a position similar to our Michael Cage so it's a step up. I really don't think the Thunder Brass would want someone with an opinion like his doing color on Thunder games. He's a straight shooter unlike Cage the YES MAN. I really wish AD was the Thunder color man.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    not sure i would call it a lateral move. NO is actually going to be fun to watch next year.

Sports radio indicated he wants to get into coaching and that avenue was closed here.

Blog Entries

Sports radio indicated he wants to get into coaching and that avenue was closed here.
    Al said he was totally speculating about that. He said he had no facts...just Al’s logic...and we know how that goes. 😂

Nerlens Noel is coming back to OKC, reports Woj.

KD, Kyrie Irving and DeAndre Jordan to the Brooklyn Nets. Per ESPN.

Hova!

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    KD, Kyrie Irving and DeAndre Jordan to the Brooklyn Nets. Per ESPN.

Hova!
    Huge if true for OKC.

Blog Entries

2019 Free Agency Diary
    Report: Mike Muscala, Thunder Agree to Deal: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/re...agree-to-deal/

Could Steven Adams' days be numbered?

Muscala turns 28 tomorrow.

Noel is now NOT coming back OKC. I wonder what happened. Larger offer?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Noel is now NOT coming back OKC. I wonder what happened. Larger offer?
    I don’t think anyone has reported Noel is NOT coming back to OKC yet, but just that reported deal is being “re-evaluated.” Coming back to OKC will be a failure for Noel financially. He is definitely looking for a bigger offer than OKC can make, but we’ll see if he gets it.

Blog Entries

He's obviously having second thoughts Dan.

Nerlens Noel backing out of deal with Thunder? https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/7/1/...ee-agency-2019

Players want to be able to negotiate to the maximum what they can get. He (Nerlens Noel) appears to still be undecided or some team has approached him recently wanting to talk.

Thread Information