Widgets Magazine

Thread: St. Louis Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Blog Entries

Default St. Louis Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

St. Louis Blues vs. Boston Bruins | 2019 Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 Highlights

Default Re: St. Louis Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in St. Louis and I can’t even impart to those of you not here how big a deal this is. We haven’t won the Stanley Cup in the whole 52 years of this franchise. St. Louis needs this so bad. What a great night!

OKCers: even if you don’t care about hockey, I hope you tip your hat to a fellow Midwest town, that gets overlooked by the coasts.

Let’s. Go. Blues.

So this is hilarious ... the local anchors on our NBC affiliate...they just opened bottles of champagne to start the newscast and are now anchoring with champagne glasses in hand.

We’re not a drinking town ... no ... LOL

4. Default Re: St. Louis Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Lived in STL for almost a decade and their winter spectator sport is definitely Blues hockey as the Hawks left for ATL loooooong ago. Like OKC, STL is a GREAT sports town and they will just eat this up. BOS did NOT need a third parade this year, for cryin' out loud! Although I don't follow hockey anymore, 1993 me is so pumped about this! I wish it had happened then! In the immortal words of Ken Wilson "OHHH BABY!!!!"

Congratulations to the St. Louis Blues and the entire city of St. Louis a great sports city too often treated unfairly wrt sports teams (movement)

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    OKCers: even if you don’t care about hockey, I hope you tip your hat to a fellow Midwest town, that gets overlooked by the coasts.
    Whoa now. OKC is not the midwest.

That being said, I'm glad the Blues won. I was pulling for them. Also cool story about how a guy bet $400 on the Blues to win it all back in December when they had 250-1 odds to win it. He now can cash his ticket for $100,000.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/sta...0-thousand-bet

7. Default Re: St. Louis Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

I go to St Louis four or five weekends a year when the Cards have home stands. It always amazed my how the sports “stuff” stores were 90+ percent Cards gear with maybe one rack of Blues shirts in a corner and when they were there the same thing for Rams shirts. I wonder how much that will change.

8. Default Re: St. Louis Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I go to St Louis four or five weekends a year when the Cards have home stands. It always amazed my how the sports “stuff” stores were 90+ percent Cards gear with maybe one rack of Blues shirts in a corner and when they were there the same thing for Rams shirts. I wonder how much that will change.
    Probably won't change the apparel selection much in the long run. Sure, there will be more Blues stuff on the racks for a few years, but come spring, Cardinal red will overtake it every time. STL will always be a baseball town first. No matter what the other team(s) (R.I.P. Rams) achieve. That's just the way it is. Each city has its favorite sports and a franchise which take first place in the hearts of its citizenry.

Thread Information