Widgets Magazine

Thread: NW corner of Grand Blvd and N May Ave?

Default NW corner of Grand Blvd and N May Ave?

Don't think I've seen anything about this building next to the Domino's/nail salon strip, apologies if it's in another thread. Used to be a garage/repair shop with some classic/vintage cars out front, and also used to be where the Babalu food truck was parked a lot of the time. Now it's being renovated with the garage doors being replaced by a regular storefront with a door and a couple of windows, kind of weathered looking. Anybody know what's going on there (probably another dispensary )?

Default Re: NW corner of Grand Blvd and N May Ave?

Yes, a cannabis dispensary.

The Green Room Cannabis Company.

Thanks, Pete.

Hot idea for a new publication in OKC: Stoned OKC. Imagine the possibilities. OKC may seem boring at times to the jaundiced eye, but our city goes to different dimensions when you are stoned. This is a pretty chill city for stoners.

David’s Car Stereo was there from the 80s through early 2000s. David Welch, along with his wife Mary (and later Mary’s brother Harold Turner) operated what was probably OKCs best mobile electronics shop. The rise in quality and complexity of factory car electronic systems, along with age, led them to shut it down 10-12 years ago, IIRC. They owned the property for many years after, as I recall. I think it changed owners within the last year.

Harold Turner was always good to me, dating back to when he was parts manager at Bolen Imports, later Benchmark Mercedes-Benz.
    I’m just writing this to remind people about a good local business that operated in the past, on this gloomy Sunday morning.

It was also once home to one of the Audio Dimensions stores. Opened in the late 80’s and owned by Russell Kim.

Is Audio Dimensions currently located on Hefner Road, just west of Pennsylvania? That is a great local business that has provided absolutely premium home audio for years.
    Afraid I don’t recall them being at May & Grand. I always remember them as being on May about 1/3 mile south of Hefner.

I'm once again saddened by the reminder that Babalu closed due to this thread. That was one of my favorite food trucks in the entire city.

Thread Information