Widgets Magazine

Thread: Pryor's Pizza Kitchen

1. Default Pryor's Pizza Kitchen

Default Re: Pryor's Pizza Kitchen

We went last night. Space was cool looking. Food was great. We had the Formaggio app, a Caesar salad, and 2 pizzas, 1 with the marinara sauce and one with pesto. Pizzas may be my new favorite in the metro. Service was great, with the exception of a wait on the pizzas to arrive. Could tell the waitress was getting nervous about the time it was taking, but we were in no rush, and knew they've only been open a week.

Only complaint was the noise level. We were seated at the far end of a long community hightop in the middle of the main room, with tables on each side. We were up against a brick wall and the the 3 speakers on the opposite wall seemed to all be pointed at our seats. There were times when the music was super loud and we had to yell to hear each other, and then a few minutes later it was almost off. The noise from other tables also just seemed to resonate in the room. I noticed many patrons cupping their ears to try to hear each other. Its a gorgeous space with bare brick walls and tin ceiling, but boy was it loud. When we go back we may request to sit in the front area by the bar as it didn't seem as loud.

We visited Pryor's yesterday (Father's Day) and our family loved it! The stars for us were the "charred" Chicken Wing appetizers ($8) and the "Pryor's Pie" ($12, IIRC) pizza. Both five-star for us. We also tried the "Italian Stallion," ($14) with Italian beef and peppers like you'd find on a sandwich (I admit I was thinking ground beef when I ordered it), as well as the "Not Your Father's Sausage Pizza," ($16) which was also very good. I'd go back for the Pryor's Pie and wings alone. We will be back and we look forward to it!!

Visitors should be aware that all Pryor's pies are 10". That's probably a bit large for a "personal" pizza, but too small for two. Our three pies served five people happily with exactly zero leftovers. Very much recommended!!! Helped make for a really nice Father's Day!

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    We visited Pryor's yesterday (Father's Day) and our family loved it! The stars for us were the "charred" Chicken Wing appetizers ($8) and the "Pryor's Pie" ($12, IIRC) pizza. Both five-star for us. We also tried the "Italian Stallion," ($14) with Italian beef and peppers like you'd find on a sandwich (I admit I was thinking ground beef when I ordered it), as well as the "Not Your Father's Sausage Pizza," ($16) which was also very good. I'd go back for the Pryor's Pie and wings alone. We will be back and we look forward to it!!

Visitors should be aware that all Pryor's pies are 10". That's probably a bit large for a "personal" pizza, but too small for two. Our three pies served five people happily with exactly zero leftovers. Very much recommended!!! Helped make for a really nice Father's Day!
    Were all 5 adults? Or what was the appetite demographics of your group? Thanks.

5. Default Re: Pryor's Pizza Kitchen

It looks as if Pryor's has closed. Their Facebook page has a post about them planning to reopen in Goldsby, but there are no specifics.

Shame. I never visited the location, but I Uber Eats'd them one time during the pandemic and it was pretty decent. Had them on the list to consider again on the rare occasion I do that.

7. Default Re: Pryor's Pizza Kitchen

It was a decent place. I dare say that Notorious P.I.E. down the street didnt help business. I find them better all around.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    It was a decent place. I dare say that Notorious P.I.E. down the street didnt help business. I find them better all around.
    Went once and while it was decent, nothing about it made me want to go back for the food. And the interior was very unwelcoming, dark and extremely loud music blaring. We were seated under a speaker at a long table and it was so loud we actually asked if they could turn it down which they said they did, but we could never tell. Felt bad as we were pretty close (3 feet) to another party and didn't really want to involve them in our discussions so ate without talking.

As far a getting takeout, imo there's better pizza for better value around town and closer to the house.

According to their FB page they are planning an early November opening at the new location near Goldsby. This will be in the new https://www.selahok.com/ community. Pryor's will have a Pickle Ball court. The place looks pretty impressive.

10. Default Re: Pryor's Pizza Kitchen

Oh geez, I grew up in Goldsby and even to me 24th and Center is way out in the middle of nowhere. I was thinking they were going to relocate somewhere closer to Highway 74. Hope they can do well there.

Thread Information