Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mo'Bettah

Large Chain Mo'Bettah

As was posted on the Market at Czech Hall thread, Mo'Bettah is under construction on a pad in front of Crest.

They also just filed building permits for the Subway spot at 300 NW 23rd, on the SW corner of 23rd and Harvey. That building had a drive-thru in the back at one time and will be reestablished.

I love Hawaiian food and glad to see this chain expanding here. These will be the first two locations in Oklahoma.

https://mobettahs.com/

Default Re: Mo'Bettah

I"m genuinely excited for this. Does hawaiian food have representation here beyond the place at the collective?

Looks cool! Just hope they don't do anything to the exterior of that building. Always liked that brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Looks cool! Just hope they don't do anything to the exterior of that building. Always liked that brick.
    The plans show it will stay as is, apart from reopening the drive-thru window in the back and changing the signage.

Nice to see this on 23rd, I will be sure to give it a try.

Looks like L&L. Surprised there isn't an L&L in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Looks like L&L. Surprised there isn't an L&L in OKC.
    I loved L&L in California and I checked and they only have 1 DFW location. The huge percentage of their stores are in CA.

This actually looks to be nicer than many L&L locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I loved L&L in California and I checked and they only have 1 DFW location. The huge percentage of their stores are in CA.

This actually looks to be nicer than many L&L locations.
    They are also big in Utah, as there is a large islander population in Salt Lake City. There is one less than a mile from my house but I never think to go to it, I may do that for lunch today!

I think this place will do well in that location!

The exterior is almost done on the Yukon location.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I"m genuinely excited for this. Does hawaiian food have representation here beyond the place at the collective?
    Only when it's Hawaiian night at my house.

Interested to see how this place does. Also an interesting expansion process here. Utah, Idaho, and Oklahoma?

Lol. I thought this was a cowboy shirt company.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Interested to see how this place does. Also an interesting expansion process here. Utah, Idaho, and Oklahoma?
    Someone bought a local franchise for this area.

They are well underway at NW 23rd & Harvey.

14. Default Re: Mo'Bettah

They have several concepts. they are also bringing Swig and one other to OKC. They are opening in MWC next month. Here is info on the group. https://savory.mercatopartners.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    They have several concepts. they are also bringing Swig and one other to OKC. They are opening in MWC next month. Here is info on the group. https://savory.mercatopartners.com/
    I didn't realize it was the same group doing Swig.

Swig is open in MWC and at Czech Hall Marketplace. Planning another at University Town Center in Norman and one in Edmond as well.

16. Default Re: Mo'Bettah

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I didn't realize it was the same group doing Swig.

Swig is open in MWC and at Czech Hall Marketplace. Planning another at University Town Center in Norman and one in Edmond as well.
    Yes, Savory Restaurant Group. They are coming into the metro with a strong presence with some of their concepts. They have an interesting story.

This is the location in Czech Hall Marketplace.

Very strange the exterior is done (signage, landscaping) but the interior still has a ways to go. They may be trying to time the opening closely to the other location at NW 23rd and Harvey.

Midwest City is getting one as well. It’s going in between Olive Garden and Feast on 15th Street. It’s under construction now.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    Midwest City is getting one as well. It’s going in between Olive Garden and Feast on 15th Street. It’s under construction now.
    Also saw a permit issued in Norman for one in the UNP area.

The Mo'Bettah in Czech Hall Marketplace opens tomorrow (Thursday 3/31) at 10:45 AM.

The Uptown location should open 5/4, Norman 5/25 and MWC and Edmond after that.

Went to the soft open last night(couldn't pass up free food!). I had the steak and pork. Both were pretty good. I'd say the pork was better than Hawaiian bros. But Mo Bettas puts carrots in their macaroni salad which I did not like. Get the red cream soda its very good!

The Yukon location.

I had both the Kalua Pig and Chicken Teryaki. I loved them both although the pork was a tad bit salty. They give you sauce on the side but the meat was so good and flavorful I didn't even use it.

As you can see from the photos, they grill everything and it's nice and fresh.

To my taste, this place is way better than Hawaiian Brothers.

HangryHippo Guest

That looks good. How was the macaroni side?

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    That looks good. How was the macaroni side?
    I liked it better than Hawaiian Brothers.

Stopped by the other day, has the pig, steak, teriyaki chicken, and the yeobo drumstick.

Straight upgrade from Hawaiian bros in terms of meat. The drumstick must have been slow cooked too cause one pull and all of the meat came off.

+1 to Hawaiian bros for having the frozen dessert and spam masubi, granted I don't like the masubi there.

Pork can be a bit salty, I used the sauces for the pork. Teriyaki is thicker and isn't straight sugar. Biggest complaint for me is lack of spam masubi, but I look forward to trying the other chicken variations.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YPt42HeWERKw61Yo6

Thread Information