Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pig & Butcher (formerly the Smoking Boar)

Default Re: Pig & Butcher (formerly the Smoking Boar)

I don't even know what to say about the fact that they opened a restaurant and called it Steak The Experience.

2. Default Re: Pig & Butcher (formerly the Smoking Boar)

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    How are these restaurant groups being financed? I'd guess by individual investors? There's no way a bank would loan to them with their history of unpaid taxes and broken leases. Rogers Concepts obviously had a big influx of cash a couple of years ago to allow them to open all of these new concepts. Is the thought to just throw everything against the wall and see what sticks? If it doesn't work then just don't pay anything and bankrupt the business? Then on to the next one? Hope that the successful businesses outweigh the failures? It would make any investor uneasy to see them drive around in $300k G Wagons and other exotic cars knowing nothing is being paid.

I know someone that invested in a different local restaurant group and they were only in a single location but had the opportunity to invest in new locations as well.
    I can only imagine how much Covid Relief money these guys received in 2020 and 2021. I'm sure it was several million $$$.

I mentioned Rogers Concepts also operated XO Lounge in Northpark Mall, which recently closed.

The landlord has filed suit against Jeff Rogers (who personally guaranteed the lease) for $397,177. The lease still had four years to run.

4. Default Re: Pig & Butcher (formerly the Smoking Boar)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I mentioned Rogers Concepts also operated XO Lounge in Northpark Mall, which recently closed.

The landlord has filed suit against Jeff Rogers (who personally guaranteed the lease) for $397,177. The lease still had four years to run.
    Northpark Mall is owned by Morris Enterprises and the owner of that entity is an ex-Green Beret and Vietnam vet named Tom Morris. He will get his money, I assure you. Or, suffice to say, as much as he can before Jeff Rogers ends up filing BK or working out a repayment agreement.

Well **** a duck I was gonna hit this place up for a 3 meat potato guess not now

Thread Information