Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dry Goods

Northwest OKC Dry Goods

Von Maur to bring boutique to Penn Square

Dry Goods, a boutique retailer owned by department store operator Von Maur, is planning to open it's first Oklahoma location in Penn Square Mall.

Dry Goods features apparel, accessories, and gifts for young women. The name is a nod to the original name of the department store chain when it first opened in 1872.

Dry Goods currently operates approximately 40 stores in 12 states. Oklahoma City will be its westernmost location, as most are concentrated in the Upper Midwest.

The location in Penn Square will be in the former Brookstone space on the lower level next to Chico's.

Bucking national trends, the mall continues to enjoy high occupancy and brisk business.

Iowa-based Von Maur opened its only Oklahoma store at Quail Springs Mall in 2014.

Default Re: Dry Goods

This is a really good get for Penn Suqare. But I have to admit I'm bummed because it is yet another nice womens store for Penn, and meanwhile the mens clothing options are a joke because most men here only wear khakis and ou t shirts if they aren't wearing a suit, or at least that seems to be the conventional wisdom. Wake me u when it's a Scotch and Soda, a Nordstrom, a J Crew Mens boutique etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by EBAH View Post
    This is a really good get for Penn Suqare. But I have to admit I'm bummed because it is yet another nice womens store for Penn, and meanwhile the mens clothing options are a joke because most men here only wear khakis and ou t shirts if they aren't wearing a suit, or at least that seems to be the conventional wisdom. Wake me u when it's a Scotch and Soda, a Nordstrom, a J Crew Mens boutique etc etc etc
    There are numerous men's clothing options in the metro (Allton's, Spencer Stone, Mr. Ooley's, not to mention Q Clothier). Try them out before hating (I did, because I used to be like you and only like chains - OKC also has a Bonobos).

^

I'd add Gil's on Western

5. Default Re: Dry Goods

Quote Originally Posted by EBAH View Post
    ...and meanwhile the mens clothing options are a joke because most men here only wear khakis and ou t shirts...
    Hey now... I mostly wear KU t-shirts and khakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I'd add Gil's on Western
    I used to love Gil's but their selection is WILDLY dated, no modern denim, no modern lines at all really, I'm a big fan of Blue 7 but even there they've been re-doing their lines and I'm worried most of what I like is going to be gone. I also like Jackson Dean in the Plaza, but it's a little safe, but they still have some good lines that I buy, those are really the only two I can get down with outside of the usual Gap/JCrew kind of thing.

7. Default Re: Dry Goods

While we have gotten more options in the last decade, and Dillard's PS is pretty good, Oklahoma City is in serious need of more options. Many can be found in cities similar to our size. Nordstrom, vineyard vines, Tommy Bahama, Brooks Brothers. There are several others, too, that don't have anything to do with men's clothes that we continue to be without for some reason: Restoration Hardware, PB Kids, Janie & Jack, Hanna Andersson, Tumi, The North Face, Cole Haan, Disney Store, Allen Edmonds, buybuybaby, Crate & Barrel. I am sure I am leaving some out.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    While we have gotten more options in the last decade, and Dillard's PS is pretty good, Oklahoma City is in serious need of more options. Many can be found in cities similar to our size. Nordstrom, vineyard vines, Tommy Bahama, Brooks Brothers. There are several others, too, that don't have anything to do with men's clothes that we continue to be without for some reason: Restoration Hardware, PB Kids, Janie & Jack, Hanna Andersson, Tumi, The North Face, Cole Haan, Disney Store, Allen Edmonds, buybuybaby, Crate & Barrel. I am sure I am leaving some out.
    If the stupid Edmondites would vote on the Spring Creek expansion (even without housing) and the city of OKC approves the Penn Central development, those are the shops that would go there. And Disney Store? That failed miserably here. But I kind of agree with you.

More will be coming to Classen Curve and Penn Central.

Keep in mind that many of the retailers that have been named are not expanding and some are even contracting.

One real sleeper for men is McCall's in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    More will be coming to Classen Curve and Penn Central.

Keep in mind that many of the retailers that have been named are not expanding and some are even contracting.

One real sleeper for men is McCall's in Edmond.
    Got any inside scoop of the Curve going forward?

Thread Information