Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
This is exactly what I did for the first time with this event. I stopped watching local news after last Friday night and went with NWS Norman Twitter feed exclusively Sat., Sun., and all day yesterday. It was very freeing not to be tied to wall-to-wall coverage and hyperbole. Had the weather radio for the overnight warnings and just checked the NWS Norman Twitter feed when it went off for more info. It was great. Less stressful.
yes, and sometimes the only way to get this info... i didn't turn on the tv at 4am this morning when the sirens went off in norman, i just got on the NWS pages... but i have heard from several at work today that the local media stations failed to really have much about what was going on then... that i guess one had a crew out and was just talking but not showing radar, and the other two just had a scroll, no radar and didn't even interrupt the programming... again, this is all second hand, i did not witness, so please provide info to prove this not to be true, because it's actually really scary if true.