Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stryker Building

Midtown Stryker Building

https://newsok.com/article/5629688/r...n-okcs-midtown

I have always thought this building was pretty cool, and it is in a booming area. Not sure what is the best use for it, but glad to see someone try to breathe new life into this gem!

Default Re: Stryker Building

Yes, bought by Richard McKown who has done a fantastic job on all his projects.

There is no parking associated with the building (lot to the west is owned by First Baptist), but hopefully that won't present too much of a problem.

Took this Monday:

HangryHippo Guest

Awesome! This building is such a little gem.

That building is a close cousin to our municipal buildings downtown with a little dna from First National

Richard McKown (Level, OK Sea, Mosiac, The Bower) bought this property in 2019 for $1.95 million.

There was talk he would convert it to housing.

Now, the property is for sale at $2.5 million.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1141...y-OK/23820328/

That doesn't seem a lot for that building. $66 a square foot. Looking at the sales memorandum and pictures, includes a parking lot for 62 cars and the building appears to be in decent shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    That doesn't seem a lot for that building. $66 a square foot. Looking at the sales memorandum and pictures, includes a parking lot for 62 cars and the building appears to be in decent shape.
    I read the newsok story in post number 1. It was still up and available for me. It tells me why it is that "cheap". Looks like an incredibly heavy lift.

What use or who originally...that building?

Oh nevermind, I see Mr. Lackmeyer provides the background.

This building has been sold to Cliff Hudson (former Sonic CEO) and his son Stuart; they are planning a renovation.

They also own the parking lot to the east. Tons of potential.

Has Stryker still been operating there or is it vacant now?

I think Stryker has been gone for awhile.

This building can be a decent boutique hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Has Stryker still been operating there or is it vacant now?
    There were several different tenants the last time I was in the building ~3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    This building can be a decent boutique hotel.
    I think the building is set up to where hotel usage would be a problem. It was kinda custom built for the Oklahoma Baptists and the Lackmeyer story makes it seem like reworking the interior would be extensive and expensive.

I read where Cliff Hudson is a past chairman of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. I think he is going to do right by the building.

Cliff Hudson and his son have submitted plans for design review.

The exterior won't be changed much but the inside will be completely renovated. Looks like they plan to keep the auditorium and then the rest will be lease space; probably retail/restaurant on the ground floor and everything else would be office space.

Case Item Summary:Revisions to building... Elevator addition... Remove/replace stairs... Replace lighting... Remove drive and parking surface... Construct drive and parking areas.... Remove landscaping...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stryker032820a.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	320.3 KB 
ID:	18343  

From the OK Historial Society.

That lobby looks amazing. The book store is the tall glass space on the NW corner. The third image is the auditorium which was used as a chapel.

That lobby is very cool. Hopefully, it's mostly intact.

Was there more context with that picture of the auditorium. Some of those people look pretty upset.

I assume that is for historic tax credit purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    That lobby is very cool. Hopefully, it's mostly intact.

Was there more context with that picture of the auditorium. Some of those people look pretty upset.
    The moment it was announced that Prodigal got the rights to the Taft Stadium lease.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The moment it was announced that Prodigal got the rights to the Taft Stadium lease.
    Brilliant !

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Praying.

Historic Midtown building to be restored

The Baptist Building – a historic art deco gem in Midtown at 1141 N. Robinson – is set to receive a comprehensive renovation.

The building was constructed in 1949 as the home for the Oklahoma Baptist Convention, directly south of the First Baptist Church.

It has beautiful cast stone and aluminum details but has been largely vacant for decades, primarily due to a lack of compliance with the current American Act on Disability (ADA).

The property, along with an ½ acre parking lot to the east, was purchased in 2022 by Robinson Renewal Partners. They have recently filed plans to restore the structure, make a substantial investment to bring it into ADA compliance, and renovate original spaces such as the lobby, old bookstore, and auditorium.

Subsequently, interior spaces will be built out within the building as tenants are secured.

Stuart Hudson of Robinson Renewal told OKCTalk:

“We are looking forward to restoring 1141 North Robinson to beautiful, class A office space and adjoining parking with a projected open date in early 2025. We are using Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits to ensure the property retains its post-war/Art Deco aesthetic while updating key elements so it functions as a 21st century office space. We hope to attract those who value the building's history and access to the business, cultural, and culinary amenities of Midtown and Downtown OKC.

We're excited to be working with Redhawk Construction, Anishinabe Design, and Marva Ellard to breathe life back into an architectural landmark.”

I've always loved that building. It looks like it was built with spare parts from the County Courthouse.

Thread Information