Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Presidental canidate Pete Buttigieg?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    So trump is not a proxy for all republicans but Jesse Jackson represents all democrats

Makes sense.
    When they all show up at his party (and I meant Sharpton, not Jackson). yes, that's exactly what I mean. How many Republicans show up in groups at Info Wars events (if there are such a thing)?

The Al Sharpton Primary @ US News & World Report

1. Beto
    2. Yang
    3. Castro
    4. Delaney
    5. Buttigieg
    6. Kamala
    7. Gillibrand
    8. Klobuchar
    9. Booker
    10. Hickenlooper
    11. Gabbard
    12. Williamson
    13. Inslee

Also in attendance, Stacey Abrams, Eric Holder, AOC, Tom Perez & Jesse Jackson Jr

Step one is pulling your head out of the sand. US News is not some right wing conspiracy sight either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    When they all show up at his party (and I meant Sharpton, not Jackson). yes, that's exactly what I mean. How many Republicans show up in groups at Info Wars events (if there are such a thing)?

The Al Sharpton Primary @ US News & World Report

1. Beto
    2. Yang
    3. Castro
    4. Delaney
    5. Buttigieg
    6. Kamala
    7. Gillibrand
    8. Klobuchar
    9. Booker
    10. Hickenlooper
    11. Gabbard
    12. Williamson
    13. Inslee

Also in attendance, Stacey Abrams, Eric Holder, AOC, Tom Perez & Jesse Jackson Jr

Step one is pulling your head out of the sand. US News is not some right wing conspiracy sight either.
    How many republicans show up for trump events? You are the one making the case that TRUMP is not a proxy. Not me.

How many republicans show up for trump events? You are the one making the case that TRUMP is not a proxy. Not me.
    Last word at all cost I see.

Speaking of ill-advised...

We Asked All Of The 2020 Presidential Candidates Their Thoughts On Vaccines. Here's What They Said. @ Buzzfeed

"These exemptions include medical exemptions in all cases (as in cases where it is unsafe for the individual to get vaccinated), and personal/religious exemptions if states can maintain local herd immunity and there is no public health crisis," the spokesperson said.
    He later clarified that he was only for medically necessary exemptions.

Last word at all cost I see.
    It’s just a discussion lol don’t get triggered

It’s just a discussion lol don’t get triggered
    wtf? Do you even know what that means? It's like you heard some words one time and tried to regurgitate them without really knowing how to use them.

I'm trying to help you. Your "points" are all scattered and hardly at all related to the discussion we are having. It seems to me your logic is, Trump is bad, therefore all evidence shows Trump is bad. That's not really critically analyzing the situation.

I haven't said one negative thing about Trump or any policy in this thread.

My question (that directly relates to the discussion) is that before you clutch your pearls at Buttigieg's meeting with someone, should we not critically examine the other side? If Trump's meeting with Alex Jones doesn't warrant concern, i can hardly see how Buttigieg meeting with Al Sharpton would cause any reason to even mention.

This doesn't speak to my like or dislike of Trump, Buttigieg, Sharpton or Alex Jones. Its just an objective question.

The fact that you took this and started ranting about "TDS" and labeling me a Trump hater is the reason i thought you may have been triggered.

I haven't said one negative thing about Trump or any policy in this thread.

My question (that directly relates to the discussion) is that before you clutch your pearls at Buttigieg's meeting with someone, should we not critically examine the other side? If Trump's meeting with Alex Jones doesn't warrant concern, i can hardly see how Buttigieg meeting with Al Sharpton would cause any reason to even mention.

This doesn't speak to my like or dislike of Trump, Buttigieg, Sharpton or Alex Jones. Its just an objective question.

The fact that you took this and started ranting about "TDS" and labeling me a Trump hater is the reason i thought you may have been triggered.
    It's TDS because you can't see the forest for the trees. The meeting with Sharpton is just indication that Buttigieg is exactly like all the other virtue signaling Democrats running for President. He is not unique. He meets the people he is supposed to meet and says the things he is supposed to say. That is what is disappointing about him. I (wrongly) thought he would be different.

It's TDS because you can't see the forest for the trees. The meeting with Sharpton is just indication that Buttigieg is exactly like all the other virtue signaling Democrats running for President. He is not unique. He meets the people he is supposed to meet and says the things he is supposed to say. That is what is disappointing about him. I (wrongly) thought he would be different.
    This is simply not logical thinking. Trump certainly ran a "different" campaign, but he also checked all the boxes, met with all the people he was "supposed" to meet. Reagan library, Sarah Palin, AIPAC, he covered all the bases, while also carving out a niche. I simply don't see your logic of how one precludes the other. Pete meets with Sharpton (who many Democrats can't stand, btw) to hear him out and that shows he is not "different." Truly, logic is missing in this thought process, Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    This is simply not logical thinking. Trump certainly ran a "different" campaign, but he also checked all the boxes, met with all the people he was "supposed" to meet. Reagan library, Sarah Palin, AIPAC, he covered all the bases, while also carving out a niche. I simply don't see your logic of how one precludes the other. Pete meets with Sharpton (who many Democrats can't stand, btw) to hear him out and that shows he is not "different." Truly, logic is missing in this thought process, Eric.
    TDS is making every discussion about Trump, no matter how little it has to do with Trump. Thank you for playing.

TDS is making every discussion about Trump, no matter how little it has to do with Trump. Thank you for playing.
    This answer had absolutely nothing to do with my response to your post.
    Who's playing? Eric, sometimes you dodge by offering up silly one-liners that have nothing to do with anything. Yes, your post I quoted had one line about TDS. The rest was slamming Pete for meeting with Sharpton and how that told you how Pete was not different, which you had earlier thought he was. My response was to that, Eric. But - you knew that.

This answer had absolutely nothing to do with my response to your post.
    Who's playing? Eric, sometimes you dodge by offering up silly one-liners that have nothing to do with anything. Yes, your post I quoted had one line about TDS. The rest was slamming Pete for meeting with Sharpton and how that told you how Pete was not different, which you had earlier thought he was. My response was to that, Eric. But - you knew that.
    This thread is about Mayor Pete. What the hell else was I supposed to comment on?

I'm super confused.

So Sharpton....respectable or not?

Pete is more or less of a reasonable candidate due to this meeting?

Pete is more or less of a different kind of a candidate due to this meeting?

Where am I wrong? I mean it is an opinion after all.

This thread is about Mayor Pete. What the hell else was I supposed to comment on?

I'm super confused.

You said you thought less of him, and decided he wasn’t “different” based on a meeting with Al Shaftya. I merely pointed out that our current president is very “different,” but he too, checked all the boxes with meeting with figures inside the party while running. Does this silly meme about TDS mean I can’t ever reference the current President of the United States?

I'm super confused.

Here are my answers

1. Haven’t thought enough about Sharpton in several years to have an opinion or care one way or the other.

2 if a candidates reasonableness is based on who he meets with then well.... you know where we are going with this ( Lizard Illuminati demon overlords)

3. Different how? Do you want him to be Different in a way where he won’t meet with anyone a hardcore conservative doesn’t like? If your waiting for that candidate then you will be waiting for a while.

1. Haven’t thought enough about Sharpton in several years to have an opinion or care one way or the other.
    Bull ****. You have an opinion. You view him as the equivalent of Alex Jones. You just couldn't help yourself to now equate something like I said to something Trump did or said. That is exactly what TDS is. If you didn't have an opinion of Sharpton or Mayor Pete, then what in the **** are you even talking about in this thread? For real?

Bull ****. You have an opinion. You view him as the equivalent of Alex Jones. You just couldn't help yourself to now equate something like I said to something Trump did or said. That is exactly what TDS is. If you didn't have an opinion of Sharpton or Mayor Pete, then what in the **** are you even talking about in this thread? For real?
    Sometimes I am convinced you are a smart high school kid.
    How close am I? Seriously? Maybe heading to college? I’m not kidding here, but you seem to sometimes give yourself away.

Do i think Alex Jones is equivalent to Sharpton? Oh no not even close. I mean one literally thinks people are possessed by demon spawn and lizard people walk among us. Thinks that the Illuminati sacrifice children and drink their blood to stay young. Think that Sandy hook was a false flag and gets his followers to attack the parents of victims. One spread Pizza Gate, claims we are all about to get shipped off to FEMA work camps, Jade Helm, alien spies, etc etc etc.

Our sitting president gave this guy legitimacy. Again if that is cool, then meeting Al Sharpton is cool.

Just pick one and be consistent.

I'm pretty sure many of us mocked Trump for his AJ appearance. Of course, this was in what, 2015, before he had the nomination? As far as I know he hasn't appeared with him or given Jones any credibility since. Most folks (myself included) were dismissing him as a novelty candidate as best. A long term troll event. I honestly expected him to drop out before the convention and was very wrong.

Either way, it deserved to be mocked, just like folks who meet with Sharpton are fair game.

Sometimes I am convinced you are a smart high school kid.
    How close am I? Seriously? Maybe heading to college? I’m not kidding here, but you seem to sometimes give yourself away.
    Projecting much...

I've said on several occasions I am in my 30's (I'll just leave it at that so you don't know how close to 40 I actually am). As such, I can have conversations about a number of things without comparing them all to Trump. It is quite easy.

Do i think Alex Jones is equivalent to Sharpton? Oh no not even close. I mean one literally thinks people are possessed by demon spawn and lizard people walk among us. Thinks that the Illuminati sacrifice children and drink their blood to stay young. Think that Sandy hook was a false flag and gets his followers to attack the parents of victims. One spread Pizza Gate, claims we are all about to get shipped off to FEMA work camps, Jade Helm, alien spies, etc etc etc.

Our sitting president gave this guy legitimacy. Again if that is cool, then meeting Al Sharpton is cool.

Just pick one and be consistent.
    Uh yes, it's mockable. But I was talking about Pete, not Trump. I am capable of discussing one thing without whataboutisms. Thanks for pointing out you can't. The rule apparently is that any criticism of any candidate on the left must be quantified with a criticism of Trump. Whatever I guess. Can we at least hold off on this rule until there is only one Dem candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'm pretty sure many of us mocked Trump for his AJ appearance. Of course, this was in what, 2015, before he had the nomination? As far as I know he hasn't appeared with him or given Jones any credibility since. Most folks (myself included) were dismissing him as a novelty candidate as best. A long term troll event. I honestly expected him to drop out before the convention and was very wrong.

Either way, it deserved to be mocked, just like folks who meet with Sharpton are fair game.
    This is the case. What it has to do with Mayor Pete is beyond me.

And just FYI, I keep calling him Mayor Pete because I am certain I will misspell his last name 9 out of 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post

Honestly, had you even heard of Alex Jones prior to this election and how the left suddenly started promoting him as the poster boy for the right?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Honestly, had you even heard of Alex Jones prior to this election and how the left suddenly started promoting him as the poster boy for the right?
    yes... i had heard of him has a ridiculous wack job who said things to just make himself more money... and then we had a candidate for President said he did a great job and that yes, got him even more mainstream... the Left didn't suddenly do it... Trumps acknowledgement of him did it...

Really, there's people who never heard of Alex Jones before trump? Those who actually pay attention to current events noticed him when he started calling the Murrah bombing an inside job in in '95. I realize some folks here weren't born then. Regardless, there were people on planet earth before that time and some of us old timers remember stuff.

Its amazing how many tragedies are inside jobs evidently perpetrated by robots because humans talk all the time about everything.

Except the 400,000 people directly involved with the moon landing.
    The millions needed to plan, execute, and cover up 9/11.
    The hundreds of thousands needed to plan, execute, and cover up the Murrah building bombing because... inside job, duh...

I think he's the most credible person in the history of credible people and everyone should go out an buy some of this magic bone broth product. I understand macerated chicken cartridge cures cancer and tastes great in a smoothy! Plus, who doesn't want to be a CAVEMAN?

It seems like I saw a video demonstrating just how great it tastes...

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond_Outsider View Post
    Really, there's people who never heard of Alex Jones before trump? Obviously there's lots of people on this forum alone that don't seem to know much beyond what right wing media tells them so, I can accept that as true.
    Which in fairness Alex Jones is no part of. I don't know that he was ever "in the club". No one talks about him until he says something crazy or YouTube takes him off. And when I say no one I really only speak for people that write for National Review, Federalist, Wall Street Journal, and similar "right wing" outlets.

I heard of him first after Sandy Hook, for obvious reasons.

Thread Information