Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Embassy Suites OKC NW

Default Re: Nw okc marriott

Thank you for the info, Manager. I don't think there was a way to keep the old Russell's spot and bring this property to 2019. Very impressive so far.
    And Pete, wow, your drone shot shows just how much Champ has committed to this hotel. This will make an excellent Embassy Suites. Can't wait to see how this looks completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manager View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,

Since we have received a few calls this evening about the demolition of the front part of the building I thought I would give you an update.
    Full demolition of the hexagon shaped building that at one time housed Russell’s Lounge has begun, this has been apart of the plan so there is no need to worry. This clearing will make room for a planned McAlister's Deli which will be independent of the hotel.
    As many of you know Embassy Suites incorporates a lobby bar into the design of the hotel, construction of this open concept lobby bar is well underway and will take the space that was at one time occupied by the JW steakhouse. The design in my opinion is simply wonderful. Discussion is underway weather or not to name this new area “Russells”, any opinions?
    Back in the day Russells was the place to go for Wed Happy Hour. Standing room only if you got there after 5. Had some free buffet items (if you bought drinks) and was the hot spot to go. Even had a DJ come in starting around 8ish. At a point some very younger crowd started showing up and was eating food and not buying drinks and basically this chased off the regular crowd who had been going there for many many years. The regulars then moved to Hefner Lake haunts and never went back. Within a month it went from best HR to dead.

Will be interesting seeing the rehab/changes and how they come out and if anyone goes back. Glad to see the upgrades. They used to have the SW Airlines overnight contract and I may or may not have met some females there lol.

Anyone know what improvements they'll do to the indoor/outdoor pool?

Good Evening Everyone,

Since we have received a few calls this evening about the demolition of the front part of the building I thought I would give you an update.
    Full demolition of the hexagon shaped building that at one time housed Russell’s Lounge has begun, this has been apart of the plan so there is no need to worry. This clearing will make room for a planned McAlister's Deli which will be independent of the hotel.
    As many of you know Embassy Suites incorporates a lobby bar into the design of the hotel, construction of this open concept lobby bar is well underway and will take the space that was at one time occupied by the JW steakhouse. The design in my opinion is simply wonderful. Discussion is underway weather or not to name this new area “Russells”, any opinions?
    I have some good memories of this hotel from when I was a kid and am glad it is being transformed back into a nice hotel. Are you all keeping the inside/outside pool?

I'm also glad to hear a McAlister's is going in there. The middle of the city needed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    I have some good memories of this hotel from when I was a kid and am glad it is being transformed back into a nice hotel. Are you all keeping the inside/outside pool?

I'm also glad to hear a McAlister's is going in there. The middle of the city needed one.
    Embassy Suites NW OKC will feature a completely remodeled new indoor pool. The area that once was the outdoor pool will make way for a new patio space with all new landscaping, fire pits, and relaxation area.

Embassy Suites NW OKC will feature a completely remodeled new indoor pool. The area that once was the outdoor pool will make way for a new patio space with all new landscaping, fire pits, and relaxation area.
    Cool, thanks. Would love to see some plans or renderings of anything that you'd like to share. I'm really looking forward to this hotel opening for some stay-cations over the winter time.

Northwest OKC Embassy Suites OKC NW

Switch from old topic header “Nw okc Marriott”.
    Please see small preview of the work currently in progress

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connectivity zone.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	15259

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Embassy Lobby Bar rendering.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	15260

Please see new topic header : Embassy Suites OKC NW, Under buildings and development

A McAlisters?? So disappointed. Never received good service or good food at any location they run in OK.

Default Re: Embassy Suites OKC NW

HangryHippo Guest

The Embassy Suites is looking a LOT better, but that 7-11 needs serious reworking.

^

Yes, the paint job has made a big difference. And it's not just all white; there are some gray areas too. Looks really good IMO.

13. Default Re: Embassy Suites OKC NW

Sales mgr. tells me they are shooting for a fall opening for the hotel.

I need to get in there and check it out.

I know they are doing a full renovation; even the large ballrooms.

15. Default Re: Embassy Suites OKC NW

Glad to see it coming back. Had my wedding reception there and it was really great. Of course that was 11 years ago so it took a nose dive after that. Not sure im on board for it being white, but if they can spruce that up with some designs along with the white, it would go a long way for me...maybe some black and grey shapes?

16. Default Re: Embassy Suites OKC NW

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Glad to see it coming back. Had my wedding reception there and it was really great. Of course that was 11 years ago so it took a nose dive after that. Not sure im on board for it being white, but if they can spruce that up with some designs along with the white, it would go a long way for me...maybe some black and grey shapes?
    If you see it in person you'll see that there are other shades in the same palette on the building as well, which adds interest and depth. Those subtleties just didn't show up in the photos above. It looks really great.

17. Default Re: Embassy Suites OKC NW

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I need to get in there and check it out.

I know they are doing a full renovation; even the large ballrooms.
    Yep, full reno including the ballrooms, which we here in Founders District are really excited about--it is such a great event space for this part of town.

And remember, eventually way out in that huge NE parking lot adjacent to Founders Tower, they are building a limited service hotel with pool--something like a La Quinta.

Now if we could just get the Wyndham on track for a rebirth!

18. Default Re: Embassy Suites OKC NW

speaking of Wyndham, hard to believe all of the flags that hotel has flown:

HIlton (longest time, even when I was in OKC), Crowne Plaza, ES, etc. ...

Hard to believe this was what Hilton once was in OKC. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Yep, full reno including the ballrooms, which we here in Founders District are really excited about--it is such a great event space for this part of town.

And remember, eventually way out in that huge NE parking lot adjacent to Founders Tower, they are building a limited service hotel with pool--something like a La Quinta.

Now if we could just get the Wyndham on track for a rebirth!
    Speaking of wyndham...Oklahoman is reporting that property is in foreclosure now

20. Default Re: Embassy Suites OKC NW

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Speaking of wyndham...Oklahoman is reporting that property is in foreclosure now
    When did you see that report? Link?

22. Default Re: Embassy Suites OKC NW

Thank you. Hopefully it will get turned around sooner than later.

I personally would like a developer with deep pockets completely raze the hotel and start again. The exterior is very dated and the architecture is nothing special. Then, it comes back as a newly modern Wyndham.

Blog Entries

Truly remarkable what they have done with this building. Bright color will represent a new life.

My cousin worked there during the last days as the place went into disarray needed a ride one day; didn't have my cellphone when I returned for pickup, so I went inside to let someone know his ride arrived. The place didn't look the same as it did when it was the Marriott. Hallway carpets throughout the place were run down; restroom wasn't clean (used paper towels scattered on the floor, stale sour smell--vent wasn't operating), couldn't believe it was the same place I visited years before for several conferences under the Marriott flagship.

Anyway, from the exterior pic it looks like Embassy Suites is making a major investment.

Our website is active: it is still very generic and using stock photos but we will be working on it over the next couple of months to improve the content.

https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en...NES/index.html

Thread Information