Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Boulevard

Default Re: The Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, what neighborhoods do I paint with a broad brush? Or is this just a childish reply?
    You just feel like arguing today, huh? Try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think it’s the mix of retail that will change going forward. Perhaps local stores will focus on the truly unique and local, and on impulse items people don’t want to wait on. On on products that people need personal help with.
    Impulse items via drone delivery is becoming bread and butter for Amazon. Two hour grocery delivery. I'm thinking hypercurated and local is all that's left on the retail front. Or open a shop that specializes in really rapid delivery.

BTW, the property sign is a replica of the old cafeteria that was on this site:

wow... love it!

That is a nice touch. I hope to see physical retail stick around. I gotta say, the current model is not what I like. About 60-70% of the time when I walk into a store they don't have want I am looking for in the store, which they always point me to their website and ordering off there, but I am one who likes to touch the product I seek and want to see it in person and not some touched up photos on my phone.

I hate to say it but I'm a huge Amazon customer these days.

So incredibly easy to find exactly what I'm looking for, read reviews, then have it delivered to your doorstep. And the rare return is nearly as easy.

Even with places like Lowes and Home Depot which have very good websites, half the time I verify they have something in stock only to take what should be a quick trip to find they don't have it or that it takes forever to track it down. Then I wonder why I didn't just order it from Amazon.

Their Amazon Go grocery stores look amazing and it's just a matter of time before they completely revolutionize grocery shopping on top of everything else. You have to give them credit for constantly innovating and being in a position to keep claiming market share.

There was already a shift away from traditional retail and now it seems a big pivot has been made. I doubt things will ever be the same again.

8. Default Re: The Boulevard

I totally echo this.

We have Amazon Fresh which delivers fresh groceries at actually reasonable prices SAME DAY, way better than Amazon Go, imo. It is incredible how convenient Amazon is making things and I am sure once Fresh is available in OKC (if it isn't already) then you all will be forever changed.

And when I say Fresh, I mean bananas (99 cents for 2 pounds) that are YELLOW ripe, so good; ready cook entrees that vary for about $7 each, soups/salads, cereal, milk (YES, all kinds of milk and dairy) and even staples like pasta/sauce, TP, deoderant, and such - delivered to my door often within 2 hours ordering (and in Seattle area traffic no less).

Yes, Amazon really capitalized on the pandemic with Fresh and their Prime delivery initiatives. We still shop local for the boutiques but honestly up here they've gotten way too expensive (pre-pandemic even) that most can't survive.

Looks like Amazon is not anywhere finished with Oklahoma City, per this Oklahoman article. I'd LOVE to see an 'Amazon Go' store open in The Boulevard (and other locations in the city) and for OKC to get 'Amazon Fresh'. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Getting a pretty decent street canyon on Dewey between this development and Villa Teresa

My favorite new area of town

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I hate to say it but I'm a huge Amazon customer these days.

So incredibly easy to find exactly what I'm looking for, read reviews, then have it delivered to your doorstep. And the rare return is nearly as easy.

Even with places like Lowes and Home Depot which have very good websites, half the time I verify they have something in stock only to take what should be a quick trip to find they don't have it or that it takes forever to track it down. Then I wonder why I didn't just order it from Amazon.

Their Amazon Go grocery stores look amazing and it's just a matter of time before they completely revolutionize grocery shopping on top of everything else. You have to give them credit for constantly innovating and being in a position to keep claiming market share.

There was already a shift away from traditional retail and now it seems a big pivot has been made. I doubt things will ever be the same again.
    Me too. It's crazy that you can now get same-day delivery from Amazon. The pandemic and the maskless, selfish hordes of idiots, along with local businesses's unwillingness to require masks in their stores, has driven me out of brick and mortar stores.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Me too. It's crazy that you can now get same-day delivery from Amazon. The pandemic and the maskless, selfish hordes of idiots, along with local businesses's unwillingness to require masks in their stores, has driven me out of brick and mortar stores.
    I agree so much with this. When I see them with no mask or the 'chin wearers' mask I shake my head and write it off as if all the 85 IQ's are out and about again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I agree so much with this. When I see them with no mask or the 'chin wearers' mask I shake my head and write it off as if all the 85 IQ's are out and about again.
    I will say, the other day I felt really bad. I had pulled down my mask in my car to take a drink, and then walked into the store and walked about for about 10 minutes with my mask around my chin, before I realized it. I sheepishly covered my face when I realized it, but it bothered me that no one had said anything to me. I know I've pointed at a few people who had their mask down over the past few months while out and about, and most of them gave a shocked reaction and moved the mask. It's amazing how many people will just forget.

Compliance does seem to be getting worse.

At the same time, those same people are generally the ones making the most noise about businesses staying open and the "solution being worse than the problem".

But they are the people that keep many away from these businesses, especially when it's easier and far safer to order on-line.

Blog Entries

Post Re: The Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I will say, the other day I felt really bad. I had pulled down my mask in my car to take a drink, and then walked into the store and walked about for about 10 minutes with my mask around my chin, before I realized it. I sheepishly covered my face when I realized it, but it bothered me that no one had said anything to me. I know I've pointed at a few people who had their mask down over the past few months while out and about, and most of them gave a shocked reaction and moved the mask. It's amazing how many people will just forget.
    Let's face it - we are creatures of habit. It will take time and planning for us to wear masks for the sake of humanity.

Thanks to the many places like Walmart, Best Buy, CVS, Walgreens, Crest, Winco, OnCue and a host of others who require masks before you enter.

17. Default Re: The Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Let's face it - we are creatures of habit. It will take time and planning for us to wear masks for the sake of humanity.
    Didn't take me any time. Didn't take much effort at all.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Didn't take me any time. Didn't take much effort at all.
    Literally started wearing masks the second I realized they helped prevent spread. It’s been an incredibly easy change in my life.

Blog Entries

Even if it took time, I've been wearing a mask since late March. How much time is needed?

I'm glad everyone else is adjusting so well. At least once a week I still drive all the way somewhere before realizing I left my mask at home and have to turn around and head home to get it. You'd think after 8 months it'd be easy... but no. I even tried keeping masks in my car, but they end up walking inside with me eventually and not being out there.

^

I bought a bunch of disposable masks at Sam's and keep a good supply in my glove compartment.

my mask pretty much lives in my car so that i never forget it... but i also keep a spare in the glove box just in case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I bought a bunch of disposable masks at Sam's and keep a good supply in my glove compartment.
    My main mask I keep in my vehicle; however, like you--purchased a ton of disposable masks to give out to those who don't have them (close circle of relatives, friends & a stranger or two). The mask wearing (like it or not) will soon become as common as wearing clothes; this pandemic has gotten so 'out-of-control' it may take at least a decade before society can get a handle on it to wipe it out.

At this time there's limited information or tracing to predict the future with any kind of accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I am religious about wearing my mask everywhere, but a few weeks ago I walked into Stitch while talking on a work call and forgot to put it on. Fortunately almost no one was in there at the time I went in, but as I was standing in there talking, I noticed one of the employees trying to get my attention. He was holding up a box of masks, politely asking if I needed one. At that point, I scrambled to get mine on and apologized profusely to the Stitch team. I had thought mine was on because I'm so used to automatically putting it on when I get out of my car. I feel bad for the employees of these places who have to deal with assholes who refuse to wear a mask or think they're being Mr. Don't Tread On Me. The staff at Stitch handled it politely and quickly, and I really appreciated that.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I am religious about wearing my mask everywhere, but a few weeks ago I walked into Stitch while talking on a work call and forgot to put it on. Fortunately almost no one was in there at the time I went in, but as I was standing in there talking, I noticed one of the employees trying to get my attention. He was holding up a box of masks, politely asking if I needed one. At that point, I scrambled to get mine on and apologized profusely to the Stitch team. I had thought mine was on because I'm so used to automatically putting it on when I get out of my car. I feel bad for the employees of these places who have to deal with assholes who refuse to wear a mask or think they're being Mr. Don't Tread On Me. The staff at Stitch handled it politely and quickly, and I really appreciated that.
    lot of places in edmond have a unofficial policy of don't bother the customer if they don't have a mask on ... even though they have the sign posted

Thread Information