Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ackerman McQueen

Default Re: Ackerman McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What a mess. This feud is going to kill or at least seriously injure both sides.
    Pulling out the microwave popcorn as we speak!

Looks like they are moving forward with their plans to relocate to the Monarch Building in Midtown.

They have revised their plans to take less space than originally planned; the grayed-out areas shown below on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors are labeled 'future expansion'. (Ground floor will be completely taken by Lingo Construction, and their space is well underway.)

Also, I have not seen any building permits for the announced new media studio which was to be located directly to the east.

Boar on the floor!

NRATV Maker Hits Back at NRA Over ‘Racist’ Charge: You’re Just Covering for Your Own ‘Systemic’ Corruption
    Andrew Kirell
    Published 10.29.19 1:57PM ET

Ackerman McQueen (AMc), the ad firm that created NRATV, on Tuesday fired back at the National Rifle Association’s claim that the firm created “distasteful and racist” content, charging that the gun lobbying org is simply covering up for its own alleged “systemic” racism and corruption.

“Ackerman McQueen recognized and handled the offensive imagery on the show, ‘Relentless,’ in a proper fashion, like any media company would,” the ad firm said in a statement to The Daily Beast, referencing the NRA’s recent court filing in an ongoing lawsuit alleging that AMc did nothing to “rein in” its messaging after Relentless featured an image of a kid’s cartoon character in a Ku Klux Klan robe. “We identified those responsible and put new processes and oversight in place. NRA executives acknowledged the corrective action taken by Ackerman McQueen, [and] were satisfied with the response and a couple months later, renewed NRATV for 2019,” the ad firm added

Wow! I think they’ll look back (someday) and realize that fighting a knock-down drag out lawsuit with one of the worst organizations to ever grace the earth was a bad PR move, which likely cost them goodwill and potential clients.

They could really use a steady hand right now. A Don Draper type. Not sure that Rev-ie has the required chutzpah to manage this detail.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Wow! I think they’ll look back (someday) and realize that fighting a knock-down drag out lawsuit with one of the worst organizations to ever grace the earth was a bad PR move, which likely cost them goodwill and potential clients.

They could really use a steady hand right now. A Don Draper type. Not sure that Rev-ie has the required chutzpah to manage this detail.
    That all sounds good, but the NRA relationship represents millions of dollars per month. Incredible amounts of money that employ scores of people. The Don Draper type is what got them to this place in the world. I think it is a crap shoot what type can lead them out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    That all sounds good, but the NRA relationship represents millions of dollars per month. Incredible amounts of money that employ scores of people. The Don Draper type is what got them to this place in the world. I think it is a crap shoot what type can lead them out of it.
    sure, but the relationship is over and the lawsuit only serves as a rather visible reminder that AM may or may not have been padding the bills of not just NRA, but all clients. This should have been settled months ago.

8. Default Re: Ackerman McQueen

The only people winning in this are the lawyers.

Ackerman McQueen has moved into the Monarch Building and this is where they'll be building their new production studio; it's also owned by Midtown Renaissance:

Ackerman McQueen has moved into the Monarch Building and this is where they'll be building their new production studio; it's also owned by Midtown Renaissance:

That building would make an excellent gun range.

I’d imagine this Stitt v. Tribes situation is working out well for AMc.

I’ve noticed a lot of loose propaganda coming across my OLEDs.

Is that one of the flower wholesale buildings? I recall that by the late 1990s, the wholesale flower business was concentrated in the Broadway Circle corridor, which was roughly the block between Broadway and Robinson on what would be NW 11th.

Tammy Payne -- the former KFOR news anchor -- is suing claiming she was emotionally abused by Revan McQueen (CEO) while she was the girlfriend and caregiver of Angus McQueen:

https://oklahoman.com/article/566706...queen-ceo-sued

Asking for $225K plus more and may sue for wrongful termination as well. Payne was a producer for NRATV and was fired not long after Angus died.

She also sued KFOR when they ended her contract and her last employer before joing AMc, a magazine where she sold advertising.

She also sued KFOR when they ended her contract and her last employer before joing AMc, a magazine where she sold advertising.
    she sounds like a fun employee

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Exactly — it sounds like she doesn’t party,

Yep, suing her last three employers isn't exactly a great path forward to her next job, huh?

17. Default Re: Ackerman McQueen

My wife charged me and yelled at me the other day for not cleaning the dishes. I think I'm gonna sue her now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    My wife charged me and yelled at me the other day for not cleaning the dishes. I think I'm gonna sue her now
    Try the old Rodney Dangerfield, you take the garbage out, you cooked it, didn’t go down well.

Lol that company is an absolute mess right now. They likely never recover.

I’m wondering if they regret moving to The Monarch. Almost every ad agency I talk with is in enormous trouble right now

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    LOL, I know, right? I actually met with her once along with a person who ran that magazine. He was courting me at the time and I didn't have any interest but agreed to the lunch. She was there as well and I remember thinking how cold-blooded and weird she seemed and what a likely nightmare it would be to work with her in any capacity. Thinking back, it's hilarious to think she sued them, too, if the above info is correct.

I wonder if she was in Angus' will?

Tammy Payne must have gotten paid.

She just dismissed her lawsuit against AMc with prejudice.

24. Default Re: Ackerman McQueen

Ackerman and NRA trial/lawsuit is now officially over. Both sides have settled.

A&M is a small shell of what it was before this all started.

NRA too, for that matter.

Thread Information