Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round1

Far North Round1

Massive entertainment complex coming to Quail Springs Mall

Japan-based Round1 is planning to bring a unique blend of bowling, arcade, billiards, karaoke, ping pong, darts, restaurant and bar to Quail Springs Mall.

At 40,000 to 60,000 square feet, Round 1 will rival the 58,000 square foot Main Event complex just 1.5 miles to the east.

Quail Springs management and Round1 would not provide details of the exact location, but their concept requires direct access to inside the mall and to parking.

Round1 has more than 110 locations in Japan and has access to the newest interactive games, some of which can only be found in Round1 locations.

The company is expanding rapidly, with the goal of 10 new stores per year, all within large malls.

Round1 is operating or planning facilities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin.

Quail Springs will be the first Oklahoma location for the company.

The mall recently demolished a vacant Macy's store and added a huge Life Time Fitness complex, as many enclosed malls continue to replace the shrinking number of traditional department stores and retailers with lifestyle tenants.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Round1

I assume adjacent to Von Maur means they intend to use the VM space? Would they get to this size without that?

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I assume adjacent to Von Maur means they intend to use the VM space? Would they get to this size without that?
    No, just like H&M they can clear out space in the mall.

Von Maur isn't going anywhere.

Quail Springs needs to put together a long term plan or if they have make it public. Perhaps develop one or two of the parking lots into lifestyle centers and convert the other parking to structured to make up. They need to open up the ring road to the roads north so there is direct access to NW 150th.

I'm sure they have a plan but all these mall operators are tight-lipped until things are ready to open.

Give Quail Springs credit... They've brought in Von Maur, H&M, Lifestyle Fitness and now Round1.

4 massive tenants at a time when malls everywhere are struggling and closing.

They are doing much better than many.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, just like H&M they can clear out space in the mall.

Von Maur isn't going anywhere.
    Good...I’m glad to hear that. Don’t go there often but a really nice store.

This is cool. Amazing how many new businesses have been built in that 2 mile area. From Chisolm to Cosco to Chalk to Top Golf to Main Event to Lifestyle Fitness to VM to many other establishments. Its turning into a huge growth area where you have everything. Still have more to go with Alamo Brewhouse and other places. With the growth of city we can equally support areas away from Bricktown/downtown that draw folks for entertainment or lifestyle. The turnpike also allows them to draw from miles away very fast.

That's a very nice add to the mall, They have one at Grapevine Mills down in DFW.

So sounds like it will be the former restaurant space then.

Hoping they actually have the large bowling pin out front lol

Being the big company that Round1 is they could very well hurt business over at Main Event since it's so close. I'm curious to know what Main Event will do to remain competitive in OKC. It had an edge over Dave and Buster's with some of it's offerings. But with Round1 being massive and more appealing to a wider crowd, they're gonna have to step up their game!

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    So sounds like it will be the former restaurant space then.
    More like that whole corner of the mall. Round 1 is huge. Bigger than Dave and Busters with bowling more games also judging by walkthrough videos.

It's too late now, but the lower level of the old Macys would have been perfect with the upper level still paved over for Lifetime parking.

Food court, AMC, round1, lifetime, it would have been all right there.

Any possibility the mall’s footprint will be expanded in any way?

I'm really not sure where they are going.

They could be taking part or all of JC Penney, same for Dillard's. The chances of them taking any of Von Maur is next to nil IMO.

More than likely they will be taking over existing mall square footage and the clear-out of that one area next to VM is very similar what happened to make way for H&M.

If they were to expand out in some way, I'm sure it would be as part of taking a big chunk of mall space as well.

But it has to be said, this gives everyone more reason to go to Quail Spring. The theater is a good draw and the two businesses should help each other a lot, as well as the food court and other eateries.

I would think they want both inside mall and outside parking lot access. Especially with bowling some will bring own balls/shoes and not want to go into mall for access.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    More like that whole corner of the mall. Round 1 is huge. Bigger than Dave and Busters with bowling more games also judging by walkthrough videos.

It's too late now, but the lower level of the old Macys would have been perfect with the upper level still paved over for Lifetime parking.

Food court, AMC, round1, lifetime, it would have been all right there.
    I think most is the store space on both levels around that old restaurant space is vacant, and it would be in a spot where they could expand if they wanted to.

They didn’t preserve any of the lower level Macy space did they?

No, Macy's is completely gone.

I'm sure a big part of Round1's business model is to great a great deal on existing mall space, as they are one of the few businesses expanding in closed malls -- especially of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    I would think they want both inside mall and outside parking lot access. Especially with bowling some will bring own balls/shoes and not want to go into mall for access.
    One of Round1's requirements is that their business must be accessible from outside the mall.

If they took up the old Hu Hot spot along with surrounding spots on both levels, they would probably add outside access.

Edit: Maybe expand outward and rework the main mall entrance in this area.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mall-entrance.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	15235

Quote Originally Posted by crs4380 View Post
    One of Round1's requirements is that their business must be accessible from outside the mall.
    Thanks. Thats smart. Could likely get bowling leagues in certain time slots too. Just have to be careful not to take away availibility of lanes for non league players at peak times which can be harmful.

Side story, when I lived in Japan I was in bowling leagues out in town. They used different pins than American ones called duck pins or something like that. They were less heavy and bit smaller

Thanks. Thats smart. Could likely get bowling leagues in certain time slots too. Just have to be careful not to take away availibility of lanes for non league players at peak times which can be harmful.

Side story, when I lived in Japan I was in bowling leagues out in town. They used different pins than American ones called duck pins or something like that. They were less heavy and bit smaller
    It is smart. But they're also open from 10am to 2am everyday. So it makes sense.

It's funny how bowling seems to have come full circle—back to a saloon game. The mid-century saw bowling's rise as an accessible pastime and the organization of action bowlers into a pro tour (which once received more attention than golf).

Duckpins are quite American, actually: long thought to be invented around 1900 in Baltimore, their existence has recently been found to antedate this long-presumed time by at least a decade, since accessibility to various archives has improved in this information age.

Round 1 is going on the lower level in the spot where El Chico and Shoe Depot is located. The general mall entrance between those two will become Round One's entrance. El Chico is moving to the Hu Hot spot. Shoe Depot is moving upstairs down on the east end. Plus...General Growth Properties has sold QSM to an outfit called Brookfield Properties. In fact, Brookfield now lists QSM on their website.

^

Thanks very much for the info!

Just to clarify, Brookfield bought all of General Growth (the most recent owner of the mall) in August of 2018 for $9B.

Blog Entries

interesting adaptations

Thread Information