Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round1

Default Re: Round1

Quote Originally Posted by crs4380 View Post
    Round1 has officially made an announcement about their opening date this coming Saturday.. Can you make a post about it on the okctalk FB page? They need all the support they can get and it's a good place for entertainment.
    OKCTalk meetup?

Round1 opened today; now open every day 10AM-2AM.

Hundreds of people in there but it's so massive it doesn't feel crowded.

Pictures don't do it justice; it's an assault on all your senses with noise coming from everywhere, tons of flashing/shifting bright lights and just loads of energy. I've never seen anything like it and most of the games are huge in scale and they seem to go on forever. I know many if not most are unique to Oklahoma.

There is a full bar and a food counter that offers just basic stuff like hamburgers, chicken sandwiches and fries as well as ice cream.

Big pool area, same for air hockey and bowling. They also do karaoke in the evenings. Since they stay open until 2AM (!) every night, I imagine this becomes a very different place when it gets late in the day.

The investment boggles the mind but there were scores and scores of people throwing down money everywhere.

Completely unlike anything else in Oklahoma.

I really hope this makes it. I’ll be frequenting this place when I’m in town.

4. Default Re: Round1

I went yesterday and it's definitely a cool place. The bar won't until next week though.
    One thing that everyone should stay away from is the food, it's absolutely horrible. High school concession stand quality. I looked up the Japanese menu and they are at least staying consistent with the terrible food items.

I'm going to go late one night late just to see what it's like.

I'm sure it's a completely different place.

6. Default Re: Round1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210626_103826.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	16930Click image for larger version. 

Views:	85 
ID:	16929Click image for larger version. 

Views:	85 
ID:	16929

Instead of 3 different pics you get this one three times. oh well.

Looks cool but what are the Prices. I can see this adding up quickly. Even without kids and going with friends.

Can anybody confirm if the food (at other locations) is any good?

9. Default Re: Round1

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Looks cool but what are the Prices. I can see this adding up quickly. Even without kids and going with friends.
    I bought a Time Play pass for an hour for like $10. Any game with the Time Play sign you can use it on as many times as you can play in the alloted time.
    For the meal, that I highly recommend you skip, was about $14.

10. Default Re: Round1

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Can anybody confirm if the food (at other locations) is any good?
    Here's the Japanese menu. It looks pretty mediocre as well. https://www.totalokinawa.com/wp-cont...2/IMG_3340.jpg

The good news is there is an entire food court just out the door and down the escalator.

It was packed on Saturday afternoon, the busiest I've seen the mall in a very long time.

This Round1 OKCTalk post on Facebook has to be an Oklahoma record for most reach/engagements/comments/shares, and the numbers are still going up:

They've just got a shipment of more arcade games on Monday. They'll be up and running soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0256.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	4.27 MB 
ID:	16934  

These numbers are crazy:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    These numbers are crazy:

Especially since this concept doesn’t seem materially different than ShowBiz, Main Event, etc.

Interesting that folks are this fired up about it.

^

The arcade is completely different and the feel is very different as well.

And Round1 has a bit of an international following.

The reason for that is because it’s more gamer and anime oriented. Plus they are known for the ufo catchers. I’m currently running a Facebook support group for round 1 in Oklahoma City and my member rates have soared since round 1 opened lol.

I stopped by last night around 9PM just to see how things were going.

The mall was closed but Round1 was still quite busy. Most of the bowling lanes were in use as were the pool tables and a bunch of people playing the games.

Not packed by any means but more people in there than I would have thought.

The point system for the games is pretty smart. It obscures the true cost of play.

Thread Information