Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round1

Default Re: Round1

They are getting close.

1st photo is of the new mall entrance next to Round 1 which will eventually get a huge bowling pin as part of their entry.

2nd photo is just inside the mall entrance.

3rd is near the food court.

Are you able to get some pictures of what is happening on the inside?

The food court is looking forward to that entrance nearest to it to be open. It should hopefully bring life back to it.

Does anyone have a update on when this might open?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Does anyone have a update on when this might open?
    It looks like the opening date has been delayed again till maybe next month. I’ve been driving by everyday and they are still doing all the interior work. The entrance to the food court hasn’t been built yet.

They're so close to being open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-26.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	9.42 MB 
ID:	16867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-22.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	10.43 MB 
ID:	16868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-24.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	11.33 MB 
ID:	16869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-23.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	10.08 MB 
ID:	16870  

Round 1 now has an opening date.

June 26th, 2021.

This place is really impressive. I love the way it throws vibrant activity into the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This place is really impressive. I love the way it throws vibrant activity into the mall.
    I can't speak to any American stores, but we went when we lived in Okinawa, Japan a couple of years ago. It was a fantastic place and the kids all loved it. They had a 7-level building (pretty narrow) but had an outdoor sports area (batting cages, volleyball, basketball, tennis, etc.) on the top level. I know my kids are super excited to go when we visit OKC next month.

At this location, you can see they have a ton of big, interactive games. I bet this is the only place in Oklahoma for many of them.

Anxious to see the bowling and bar areas.

It's like the modern version of LeMans that used to be in Crossroads Mall.

My son and I love the Japanese style UFO claw machines which round 1 is known for. So excited this is opening in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    My son and I love the Japanese style UFO claw machines which round 1 is known for. So excited this is opening in a few weeks.
    I think that's what these are. There are a bunch of them:

I think that's what these are. There are a bunch of them:

yes Pete those are them and they fill them with Popular Japanese style plushes and figurines like Rilakkumas, Sanrio and Anime

I have a feeling this place is going to be a smash hit.

Say what you will about Quail Springs, but they've done an awful lot in the last several years in adding: Von Maur, H&M, Lifetime Fitness and now Round1. The AMC theater has been nicely upgraded as well.

Great job of adapting and between it and Penn Square, OKC is lucky to have two vibrant malls at a time when some cities are left with just dying properties.

Say what you will about Quail Springs, but they've done an awful lot in the last several years in adding: Von Maur, H&M, Lifetime Fitness and now Round1. The AMC theater has been nicely upgraded as well.

Great job of adapting and between it and Penn Square, OKC is lucky to have two vibrant malls at a time when some cities are left with just dying properties.
    How do you upload your photos to be bigger? I try to upload some photos and they're all tiny in size.

Quote Originally Posted by crs4380 View Post
    How do you upload your photos to be bigger? I try to upload some photos and they're all tiny in size.
    I don't upload them in the thread; I post them to the OKCTalk server then link them.

I really hope you're right. I'm curious to see how well japanese style arcades will do here with american arcades being all but gone unless you count barcades.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I really hope you're right. I'm curious to see how well japanese style arcades will do here with american arcades being all but gone unless you count barcades.
    I guess you haven't seen the amount of support that is pouring in for it on facebook. people are going crazy over it.. it has a big following. lol

I feel this is going to be a huge huge hit for QSM.

I guess you haven't seen the amount of support that is pouring in for it on facebook. people are going crazy over it.. it has a big following. lol
    You'd be correct. I got off facebook around 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    You'd be correct. I got off facebook around 10 years ago.
    Yes this is a huge thing right now. Right before covid I was planning a trip to take my kids to the dallas area to go to the ROUND1 Arcade because of how popular it is then it was announced it was coming to QSM and I along with my kids got excited. We are planning on 4th of July weekend Saturday at the Mall now. There is popular Youtube Vloggers/Influencers for the past few years have been recording and playing these style games and the popularity keeps growing especially with the Asian plushes and Anime that you can win at this Arcade in the claw machines

I wonder if they'll put a dent in business from Main Event? They won't be far apart in distance.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    I wonder if they'll put a dent in business from Main Event? They won't be far apart in distance.
    Probably will with all it has to offer and it being so popular. I was not all to impressed with Main event. Maybe because a lot of machines did not work correctly or broken when i went. I might give them one more try but was not impressed by the games and ticket collection prize area

I don't upload them in the thread; I post them to the OKCTalk server then link them.
    Round1 has officially made an announcement about their opening date this coming Saturday.. Can you make a post about it on the okctalk FB page? They need all the support they can get and it's a good place for entertainment.

Round1 has officially made an announcement about their opening date this coming Saturday.. Can you make a post about it on the okctalk FB page? They need all the support they can get and it's a good place for entertainment.
    Yes, I plan to make social media posts.

Thread Information