Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round1

Default Re: Round1

I'm pretty sure they just decided to close that location. It was never busy. El Chico in general has been on slow decline.

Crazy. i was just there a couple of weeks ago for the lunch enchiladas. I didn't know those would be my last!

Like them or not, they were a nostalgic holdover that could be appreciated in their own right. They were also noteworthy for having the only bar in the mall.

^
    Yeah, it was kind of cool space and I really wish they would just relocate.

However, Round 1 will have a huge bar when it opens.

I've read sources that Round 1 will be coming to OKC later this year in the fall. Can anyone confirm that to be true? I haven't seen any other mall tenants leave (other than el chico) for the space that Round 1 is set to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by crs4380 View Post
    I've read sources that Round 1 will be coming to OKC later this year in the fall. Can anyone confirm that to be true? I haven't seen any other mall tenants leave (other than el chico) for the space that Round 1 is set to take over.
    Shoe dept co is the only one in the way now and they are about to move. Everyone one else has cleared out. Work on moving the entrance has started.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Shoe dept co is the only one in the way now and they are about to move. Everyone one else has cleared out. Work on moving the entrance has started.
    Gap and vans already moved?

Quote Originally Posted by crs4380 View Post
    Gap and vans already moved?
    Vans moved. Gap closed.

Went to the movies at Quail AMC 24 last night. Walking through the mall has such a strange feel to it. I realize it's going through changes but nevertheless it felt so abandoned. If I had a retail space there you'd have to convince me strongly to stay even though upcoming improvements are supposedly the fix all to a abandoned mall. Good luck Quail Springs...you need it.

^

Keep in mind this is the slowest time of the year for retail.

Round 1 will help a lot and I believe they have some other deals working.

oh wow, I just went there today and all the stores moved.

Any progress update? I know a lot of things have been put on hold due to Covid, just curious if this is on hold or there is work being currently done for this project

Blog Entries

The bus goes by this and they seem to be actively working it every day.

Don't know about work happening inside the Round1 space, but the new mall entrance is almost finished.

Blog Entries

very sorry, my bad, I confused Round1 with Up-Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Any progress update? I know a lot of things have been put on hold due to Covid, just curious if this is on hold or there is work being currently done for this project
    I'd be interested in knowing too. I've read in a report that all new store constructions worldwide are on hold due to the virus. But they still have to knock down walls and reconstruct the floors to get the space ready for Round 1 to move in. I'm guessing they've already paid contractors to work on that. But once the space is set up for them to move in, it only takes like a couple of months to set up the actual store.

I went through the new entrance hallway the other day. The east wall looks pretty plain and boring, not sure if they have any plans for it. It would be cool if they had glass looking into round one.

I just saw an article posted on about Quail Springs mall in the Oklahoman. It mentions that Round1 is set to open for April in 2021.
    https://oklahoman.com/article/566858...c92Crk3KhH69LE

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I went through the new entrance hallway the other day. The east wall looks pretty plain and boring, not sure if they have any plans for it. It would be cool if they had glass looking into round one.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think from what I saw of the plans there was a portion of the wall that did look into Round 1

It's look like they're almost done with the outside entrance to Round1.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	16520

Not a fan of that font.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Not a fan of that font.
    Not finished yet.

I believe they will add a huge bowling pin and a sign, of course.

Any info in regards to development on Round1? I haven't seen them do too much work on it. But it looks like they still have a lot of interior work to do before Round1 can move in.

Thread Information