Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snooze

Default Re: Snooze

I think Snooze is fabulous! I've eaten there several times in San Diego! It blows anything we have here out of the water!

2. Default Re: Snooze

Ive never even heard of Shake Shack until I saw it mentioned on this board. I'll be in Manila in a couple of weeks and hopefully the 1 I saw them working on a few months ago will be open and I'll get to see what the hype is about. Probably over hyped like this board tends to do.

3. Default Re: Snooze

Snooze is amazing. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Ive never even heard of Shake Shack until I saw it mentioned on this board. I'll be in Manila in a couple of weeks and hopefully the 1 I saw them working on a few months ago will be open and I'll get to see what the hype is about. Probably over hyped like this board tends to do.
    The only Shake Shack I can truly vouch for is the original location in Madison Park in the Gramercy / Flatiron District. I did eat at one of the chain locations on the Upper East Side and while it was very good, it clearly wasn’t up to the original. Still, it’s way better than In and Out and Five Guys at even the knockoff spots.

Anyone know if there has been any progress on this project? The For Lease commercial real estate signs are still up on the property.
    Last edited by jbkrems; 08-30-2019 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Correct misspelling

As of right now Snooze has passed on that location and is looking for other locations in OKC, specifically around the Nichols Hills area.

okcbruncher, how do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I mean, their handle is OKCBRUNCHER - I'd be upset if they didn't know this.

If true, I'm always excited for more places to eat around my house as it's hard for us to get far from home these days with all these dang kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    okcbruncher knows. Trust me.

After hitting a Houston location twice a couple weeks ago, I can't say I get the love? Compared to OKC's homegrown options...

Is it just the vibe, and makes us feel like we've "made it" because we have a national chain that's only in a few big cities? It wasn't bad, by any means, but it wasn't out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    After hitting a Houston location twice a couple weeks ago, I can't say I get the love? Compared to OKC's homegrown options...

Is it just the vibe, and makes us feel like we've "made it" because we have a national chain that's only in a few big cities? It wasn't bad, by any means, but it wasn't out of this world.
    From what I can tell, a lot of our local options are based loosely off of Snooze.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    From what I can tell, a lot of our local options are based loosely off of Snooze.
    Yes, particularly Hatch and Neighborhood Jam.

My son and I ate at a Snooze in Dallas just east of the North Central Expressway, and it was very good. Not **great**, but very good.

I had a three-egg omelette that was on a par with what I'd get from Jimmy's Egg, but the Jimmy's Egg version is better and less expensive. Snooze serves their omelette with a "round" disk of hash browns and your choice of bread, but again, the Jimmy's Egg version is a *much* more generous portion. A nitpick for me was that my English muffin was served with an odd-tasting jelly I didn't care for, and was later told it was a "fig-walnut" mix. I asked if I could just get some plain grape or raspberry jelly, but was told "that's our only jelly option." Left me with a rather dry muffin.��

My son had the " French Toast Neat, " served on Brioche bread and with fresh, warm maple syrup. It was really good.

I would have been interested in trying a single side pancake, but as a side that pancake was listed at $5.25!! I opted against it.

Overall, Snooze was very nice, very trendy, and generally good, but I think we have several local options that are already excellent and hold up vs Snooze very well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    My son and I ate at a Snooze in Dallas just east of the North Central Expressway, and it was very good. Not **great**, but very good.

I had a three-egg omelette that was on a par with what I'd get from Jimmy's Egg, but the Jimmy's Egg version is better and less expensive. Snooze serves their omelette with a "round" disk of hash browns and your choice of bread, but again, the Jimmy's Egg version is a *much* more generous portion. A nitpick for me was that my English muffin was served with an odd-tasting jelly I didn't care for, and was later told it was a "fig-walnut" mix. I asked if I could just get some plain grape or raspberry jelly, but was told "that's our only jelly option." Left me with a rather dry muffin.��

My son had the " French Toast Neat, " served on Brioche bread and with fresh, warm maple syrup. It was really good.

I would have been interested in trying a single side pancake, but as a side that pancake was listed at $5.25!! I opted against it.

Overall, Snooze was very nice, very trendy, and generally good, but I think we have several local options that are already excellent and hold up vs Snooze very well.
    If brioche isn't used, is it really french bread? I recently made some french bread at home with brioche, holy cow, it was good. Not sure I can ever use my wheat bread again.

Thread Information