Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Weather Discussion - April 2019

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - April 2019

Tornado down near Hickory, OK around noon.

I wonder if we will see an upgrade to moderate risk somewhere in south central/eastern Oklahoma at 3:00pm outlook? Areas to the south of OKC appear to be primed.

Here is a snapshot of around 4-5pm showing large supercells down across SC OK and more storms firing just W of OKC.

You can see the additional heating over the last few hours on this map that is taking place across S/SW OK.

Can you re-post the map?

Storms starting to explode across I-44 corridor.

Is the chat open?

West of I-44 is is in the cold sector so they shouldn't be too bad. Storm east of Lawton may be one to watch heading to Norman area.

I just want MWC to get a ton of rain. We haven't gotten any today so far. But no severe weather. Lol

Dry in Goodwell,Ok Hell Yeah

This is pretty interesting. There was a slight lowering near SW 104th and May and I saw it go N/NE nearly over my house. We then had a *northwest* wind, and it made me wonder if the boundary was wavering in our area.

Hah! Just saw Payne on KWTV relay that the boundary has, in fact, shifted just east of us in our area around SW OKC. Temp has dropped about five degrees and wind continues to stay out of NW.

OKC for the most part is out of the warm sector and areas to the S and E remain under highest tornado threat. I would emphasize increased concern for areas in SC OK. The low is forming right now in SW OK. Large long-tracked tornadoes are not out of the realm of possibilities riding to the east in areas south of Norman to the Red River and onward to the Ada area later this evening.

How bad are the rain and street flooding in the downtown OKC area in terms of driving? Have someone asking if a trip to downtown OKC is a smart drive tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    How bad are the rain and street flooding in the downtown OKC area in terms of driving? Have someone asking if a trip to downtown OKC is a smart drive tonight...
    I’m sure once water drains it will be fine but did see this:

OKC Streetcar
    @OKCStreetcar
    ·
    20m
    #RIDERALERT: Due to high waters along the route, all streetcars are currently on hold. Remember to be weather aware and never walk, ride or drive through high water.

It may be a tad early, but what is tomorrow looking like? David Payne mentioned the cape values were looking like they may be off the charts. He was thinking tomorrow could potentially be a bad day, but I can’t imagine there will be much moisture in the air to work with tomorrow. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    It may be a tad early, but what is tomorrow looking like? David Payne mentioned the cape values were looking like they may be off the charts. He was thinking tomorrow could potentially be a bad day, but I can’t imagine there will be much moisture in the air to work with tomorrow. Any ideas?
    OKC forecast from the NWS:
    Wednesday
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 79. South wind 3 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy. Low around 60, with temperatures rising to around 64 overnight. South southwest wind 6 to 12 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wow, much of Tulsa has had 2 to 5+ inches of rain as of 9pm.

The rain state wide:

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    I'd personally like to see how far north the front lifts tomorrow, as well as how much morning convection we have to deal with. If the front lifts back north of OKC and we have clear skies tomorrow afternoon, then I could certainly see us getting another round of storms. The air mass should remain very moist so I doubt it'll take too much of a trigger.

We will likely see some more storms develop as we head toward the morning hours here in C OK. Especially southern sides of the metro.

Depending on boundaries tomorrow, we may have more storms develop in the afternoon across SW OK. The best shots will be across S OK.

Things should be pretty tame today. The major action will be down in Texas.

Next Wednesday or Thursday is probably going to be next potential higher end event to watch out for. Or it will be a sunny beautiful day, you never know. lol

Severe Thunderstorm Watch is out for all of SC OK. Cells have developed along a boundary and are slowly pushing N/NE.

S and SE sides of metro have best shot at experiencing these storms. Will watch radar trends for further development and movement.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Things should be pretty tame today. The major action will be down in Texas.

Next Wednesday or Thursday is probably going to be next potential higher end event to watch out for. Or it will be a sunny beautiful day, you never know. lol
    So not as tame as I thought with that southern OK action occurring right now.

Severe cell attempting to ride into SW OKC metro right now. If it holds together it will impact areas from Mustang to Moore and Downtown OKC.

uh....its May.

Thread Information