Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: David Boren

Default Re: David Boren

Turns out Gallogly was unable to follow through on his promise to destroy Boren in the end.

2. Default Re: David Boren

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Turns out Gallogly was unable to follow through on his promise to destroy Boren in the end.
    And now the CFO resigned and Harroz is hiring a new one. Not sure any of the Gallogly admin staff are left.

I wonder if we'll ever get the full story about how and why Gallogly was hired and what his mission was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever get the full story about how and why Gallogly was hired and what his mission was.
    i think it is pretty clear he was hired to clean house and clean up the books ... ( and considering he never moved to Oklahoma, it imho was always intended to be short term)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i think it is pretty clear he was hired to clean house and clean up the books ... ( and considering he never moved to Oklahoma, it imho was always intended to be short term)
    No, not clear at all. Certainly no more clear than it was a hit job for Boren pushing a penny sales tax to properly fund schools.
    YMMV.

6. Default Re: David Boren

Wow, I didn't always agree with all of Boren's decisions but after working at OU for 8 years I personally saw how much he loved that University. I can't think of anyone who has done more for OU than David Boren. It's such a shame his legacy has tarnished by this. I wish they could have let him retire and just left him alone.

I can understand that they wanted him to step aside but I can't believe it was handled this way.

The guy raised over $1 BILLION for the university, transformed the campus, and substantially enhanced the academic standing and standards.

They bring in Gallogly who was a total assclown and seemed hell-bent on destroying Boren before he even took office; then suddenly slunk out of town with zero notice or explanation.

It's all incredibly shameful and smacks of personal and political vendettas and really reflects badly on the entire university.

It's astonishing how badly the OU regents screwed over the university with this mess, but they're so out of the public eye that it must just look like OU drama to the common person.

Every regent that helped select Gallogly should resign in shame, but we all know that there will never be accountability on that level for it.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Every regent that helped select Gallogly should resign in shame, but we all know that there will never be accountability on that level for it.
    Remember, they are appointed by the governor.

10. Default Re: David Boren

NonDoc has had great coverage of this whole ordeal. Worth the read. https://nondoc.com/2020/10/20/prosec...en-tripp-hall/

I can understand that they wanted him to step aside but I can't believe it was handled this way.

The guy raised over $1 BILLION for the university, transformed the campus, and substantially enhanced the academic standing and standards.

They bring in Gallogly who was a total assclown and seemed hell-bent on destroying Boren before he even took office; then suddenly slunk out of town with zero notice or explanation.

It's all incredibly shameful and smacks of personal and political vendettas and really reflects badly on the entire university.
    Absolutely this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    No, not clear at all. Certainly no more clear than it was a hit job for Boren pushing a penny sales tax to properly fund schools.
    YMMV.
    It wasn't just that. Boren has been a target of a certain political, religious, and social persuasion for some time. He's been personally and viciously attacked for 40 years. It is only recently that they thought they had the power to do it... Make Oklahoma Great Again .... God is for us and not you... Put all public policy in the hands of private for profit thinking business people. Problem is, no matter how much mud they throw, they haven't found the kind that sticks and they just keep looking foolish and worse. This is the crowd that wants to PUNISH anyone who thinks differently and dares to stand up to them.

13. Default Re: David Boren

Totally agree. As in sports, sometimes it's just time for a new team manager.

Thread Information