Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: David Boren

Default Re: David Boren

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    There's nothing to insist. I've literally had friends that work there tell me that they were happy with him as the president and some of the changes he made throughout his 10 months there and they've alluded to the fact that their associates felt similarly.

All of you that really think that there wasn't a decent contingent of people within and outside of the university that liked Gallogly are living in an bubble.
    And yet you have provided no evidence for this other than hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he never moved into the presidents house ... his wife never moved to the state ..... he went back home almost every weekend ...

do any of these things make you think he was going to be at ou for any length of time ...
    None of that adds up to "resigns with no warning after less than a year".

he was brought in to make some needed changes which he did ... he is close to if not already a billionaire .. it is not like he needed the job ..
    Hey, maybe the next billionaire will decide to stay in their comfortable life instead and just stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he was brought in to make some needed changes which he did ... he is close to if not already a billionaire .. it is not like he needed the job ..
    We've been through this before and you have not been able to verify or prove this, so you really should stop stating it as fact.

But more importantly, why does this matter anyway? Only because it seems be part of a false narrative of how rich guys know everything about everything, including areas where they have no experience or expertise. And how even when they are making questionable decisions about government entities and tax dollars, everyone else should just pipe down and let the rich rule without question.

[QUOTE=David;1078762]And yet you have provided no evidence for this other than hearsay.
    [
    /QUOTE]

Yeah I'm really not into giving out the names of my friends and family that work for OU or are Alumni. Want me to go out and get quotes from all of them for you? I guess if you think I'm making that up, you can continue living in your little Boren Bubble.

I would suggest that you haven't heard from the supporters in the news or media because they haven't had anything to complain about unlike anti-Gallogly people like the lovely Suzanne Grillot who could be heard screaming at the top of their lungs. Satisfaction is much less interesting news than outrage.

No he's not. My contacts within the school may not necessarily thought it was "very, very successful" but they were generally happy with Gallogly and a lot of the moves he made. They definitely didn't want him to resign.
    Let's meet up for coffee. You've said in an earlier post you know who I am. My username is pretty obvious. If we studied together at OU at the same time we should hang out and discuss. I genuinely want to hear about your contacts' opinions. In the group of people I run with, and the many workers at OU who I keep close relationships with, the opinion of Gallogly was very poor. I would appreciate getting a fresh take on this very interesting chapter of OU's leadership. If you're interested shoot me a DM.

Also willing to discuss over beers at Elk Valley - first round is on me.

-Andy

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    Let's meet up for coffee. You've said in an earlier post you know who I am. My username is pretty obvious. If we studied together at OU at the same time we should hang out and discuss. I genuinely want to hear about your contacts' opinions. In the group of people I run with, and the many workers at OU who I keep close relationships with, the opinion of Gallogly was very poor. I would appreciate getting a fresh take on this very interesting chapter of OU's leadership. If you're interested shoot me a DM.

-Andy
    I would be up for that, I'll shoot you a DM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    And yet you have provided no evidence for this other than hearsay.
    Yeah I'm really not into giving out the names of my friends and family that work for OU or are Alumni. Want me to go out and get quotes from all of them for you? I guess if you think I'm making that up, you can continue living in your little Boren Bubble.

I would suggest that you haven't heard from the supporters in the news or media because they haven't had anything to complain about unlike anti-Gallogly people like the lovely Suzanne Grillot who could be heard screaming at the top of their lungs. Satisfaction is much less interesting news than outrage.
    It is not my responsibility to believe your lack of proof. If you want us to have reason to believe you aren't just lying on account of the previously stated personal grudge you are going to have to offer up evidence to push past that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    And those I know think the opposite. They are embarrassed by him and the destructive way he ruled.
    curious which departments they work in, because accounting and provost seem to be pretty content with the outcome, even if they didn't like the man personally.

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post

-Andy
    and things like this make me remember why i love coming to this board... it's a place to meet up and discuss things, and sadly, sometimes it gets heated... but for the most part, i respect everyones opinions on here, and wish i could meet up with some of you and discuss things we disagree on!

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    and things like this make me remember why i love coming to this board... it's a place to meet up and discuss things, and sadly, sometimes it gets heated... but for the most part, i respect everyones opinions on here, and wish i could meet up with some of you and discuss things we disagree on!
    Same! For the most part, lol.

It is not my responsibility to believe your lack of proof. If you want us to have reason to believe you aren't just lying on account of the previously stated personal grudge you are going to have to offer up evidence to push past that.
    That's a pretty big assumption and accusation. One that I would expect from someone so firmly in the other corner. It's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion but another to accuse me of lying because I claim to know a decent amount of people who's opinion doesn't match yours.

That's a pretty big assumption and accusation. One that I would expect from someone so firmly in the other corner.
    Still no evidence you can provide, though?

Still no evidence you can provide, though?
    If it comes to giving up names and personal opinions of friends of mine, no. I'm not going to do that. You can keep living in your dream world bubble.

This is a good place to point out that BoulderSooner and I are good friends and have a healthy mutual respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is a good place to point out that BoulderSooner and I are good friends and have a healthy mutual respect.
    this is absolutly correct ..

I didn't realize that!

I didn't realize that!
    We came to know each other through this site.

Similar to you and me.

It's funny, before I moved back there was an urgency about getting together as a group because I only came to town once a year or so. Now that I'm here all the time, we don't have OKCTalk meet-ups.

In some ways, I miss the old days when me coming to town was a big enough deal that people would make time to see me. Now, since there is no rush, it just doesn't happen that often.

Similar to you and me.

It's funny, before I moved back there was an urgency about getting together as a group because I only came to town once a year or so. Now that I'm here all the time, we don't have OKCTalk meet-ups.

In some ways, I miss the old days when me coming to town was a big enough deal that people would make time to see me. Now, since there is no rush, it just doesn't happen that often.
    well maybe that is something we need to remedy soon!

Fine, I'll take the hint and stop being so harsh to PhiAlpha.

well maybe that is something we need to remedy soon!
    Agreed! I wasn’t able to make it to the ones a few years ago. Hopefully can do one again this year.

Similar to you and me.

I think since I've been here, there has only been 1 meetup. The place it was at doesn't even exist anymore.

I attended one of the OKCTalk meet up and everyone, including people I regularly disagreed with, were all so nice. I try to always remember that when posting on this site and other places online. It's certainly easy to read tone wrong online as this Key & Peele skit illustrates:

Of course, some people really are jerks online and nice in person. It's never good to be that poster.

Any update on this situation?

Thus ends an ugly, ugly chapter.

https://oklahoman.com/article/567438...ren-tripp-hall

"The OSBI investigation of David Boren and Tripp Hall has concluded," the special counsel, Pat Ryan, said Tuesday. "As the appointed acting AG for this investigation, I have made the decision, after considering all relevant facts and circumstances, to not seek a Grand Jury criminal indictment relative to Boren’s and Hall’s alleged wrongful conduct while they were employed by the University of Oklahoma.

24. Default Re: David Boren

The Gallogly presidency was quite a strange ride. It would have been big news for many years until 2020 hit us like a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    The Gallogly presidency was quite a strange ride. It would have been big news for many years until 2020 hit us like a brick.
    Yet another thing that was 98% political.

Thread Information