Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey's General Store

Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

49 in Oklahoma. About 31 in the OKC area.

They have a new distribution center in Joplin, MO to service them all.
    The station at 33rd and Boulevard in Edmond was being converted tonight.

they are well underway at converting the store at AirDepot and I40 across from tinker .... and there is now even a flash back there .. they are redoing the awning and the old Texaco logo's are underneath and now visible

I have enjoyed watching all of these be gradually converted. They were hard at work on the one at SH-66 and Yukon Parkway this morning.

If you download the app and look at their locations, the two I find most peculiar are at Broadway & 63rd. Both gas stations on either side are listed as Casey's. Seems interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    If you download the app and look at their locations, the two I find most peculiar are at Broadway & 63rd. Both gas stations on either side are listed as Casey's. Seems interesting.
    Yeah, they were both Circle K's for many years.

Almost all these properties are leases, so I suspect Casey's might not renew both with the time comes.

6. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Oh they're ALLLLL over town. Everywhere i look, something is turning into a Casey's. A CHEAP version of Casey's, but it is one. There's no barn front. Just plain red and white signs....ie the bare minimum re-branding effort. I'm a bit disappointed in that, but maybe that will come later??

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Oh they're ALLLLL over town. Everywhere i look, something is turning into a Casey's. A CHEAP version of Casey's, but it is one. There's no barn front. Just plain red and white signs....ie the bare minimum re-branding effort. I'm a bit disappointed in that, but maybe that will come later??
    the barn front is not part of even brand new builds of Casey stores ..

Casey's just closed on the purchase of 39 Circle K's in Oklahoma; almost all of them in the OKC area.

They are changing over the signage and cleaning up the stores a bit as they go, but are doing all this in a span of a couple of weeks. Imagine trying to open 39 locations all at once.

I'm very sure once they complete this phase they'll go back and start more serious renovations, but that is going to take years given the number of stores.

I hope they got rid of the card skimmers at the pumps at the Circle K/Casey's location at 134th and S. Western. They were there just days before the changeover at that location started.

The Subway in the Bricktown Circle K is closed, this store should look more like a traditional Casey's because they are going to use the space for pizza and donuts the cashier told me. Sad to see the Subway gone, but Casey's can make a statement if they get this one looking like the existing stores

^

Here is that old Subway space in Bricktown; I snapped this on Sunday.

That Circle K is one of the most disgusting mainly because there is a big homeless population all around and then the store workers don't clean anything up. I made the mistake of going into the restroom and it was one of the most disgusting scenes I've ever encountered.

I know they have a long way to go with the old Circle K stores, but they've already done a nice job of cleaning them up and making them more orderly.

If only 7/11 would do the same with its multitude of old, crappy locations.

Has anyone else been getting more Circle K ads online recently?

I spoke with their regional general manager recently. I asked him what has been his biggest challenge since acquiring Circle K. Immediately he said, "unable to find people to work".

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    I spoke with their regional general manager recently. I asked him what has been his biggest challenge since acquiring Circle K. Immediately he said, "unable to find people to work".
    I wonder when we are going to see some vending machine convenience stores become more popular with attached gas stations. Someone just needs to rip off Japanese convenience stores in OKC. You would be able to have fewer staff and offer a better overall experience than any other gas station convenience stores in Oklahoma.

Most likely in the US in general if you're going off of japanese combinis

This is the converted former Circle K at 39th & Penn.

They have really cleaned this place up. The windows had been cluttered with tacky posters and tons of stuff was piled up inside and outside.

I'm sure they will eventually getting around to doing much more but this has already been a big improvement.

It may have been mentioned already but I noticed that Casey's owns a corner lot at NW 192nd (Danforth) and Penn, so the new 7-11 at NW 178th & May will some immediate competition.

Oh, that 39th & Penn location is right by me, I did not realize it one of the conversions. I normally never use that convenience store, I will have to give it a look since it already does look so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    It may have been mentioned already but I noticed that Casey's owns a corner lot at NW 192nd (Danforth) and Penn, so the new 7-11 at NW 178th & May will some immediate competition.
    Oh yes, that would be very interesting to have an originally built free-standing Casey's built there and not just a conversion. Very good competition indeed!

Casey's is getting increasingly agressive.

Just filed plans to demo the strip center / Conoco / car wash place on the SW corner of Bryant and Memorial and build completely new.

With the Circle K acquisition and their new stores, they will soon have 50 locations in the OKC area. That's about equal to OnCue.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Plans are out for this project to bid as well as two others.
    19251 North Pennsylvania Avenue
    15107 North Santa Fe Avenue
    101 N Wood Drive Okmulgee

I recall this being mentioned before but I can’t find the post. What is the deal with the two Circle Ks that were at NW 63rd and Broadway Ext.? The one on the west side has the signage up as Casey’s but the east side one still is branded as a circle K but it doesn’t show up on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I recall this being mentioned before but I can’t find the post. What is the deal with the two Circle Ks that were at NW 63rd and Broadway Ext.? The one on the west side has the signage up as Casey’s but the east side one still is branded as a circle K but it doesn’t show up on their website.
    The one on the east side is going to be branded as "Good Stop"; sign permits have been filed.

I believe it will still be operated by Casey's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The one on the east side is going to be branded as "Good Stop"; sign permits have been filed.

I believe it will still be operated by Casey's.
    Any idea what will happen with the Circle K at 33rd and Boulevard in Edmond? Seems way to small to become a Casey’s.

Thread Information