Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Casey's General Store

Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Does anyone know what is going in at the NW corner of Santa Fe & 33rd Street ? I can't imagine it being anything but a C-Store. A couple days ago they had what looked like a huge gasoline container on the corner that is now buried. No signage though on the corner yet........
    It will be a Casey's:

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought I saw a while back that it was going to be an Okie Car Wash.
    I believe that is going in beside the Casey's.

There is all of a sudden, a ton of options for gas on that part of town. New 7-11 going in on Memorial and Broadway extension also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Casey's is getting increasingly agressive.

Just filed plans to demo the strip center / Conoco / car wash place on the SW corner of Bryant and Memorial and build completely new.

With the Circle K acquisition and their new stores, they will soon have 50 locations in the OKC area. That's about equal to OnCue.

According to chatter on Nextdoor, the last day for the gas station to be open is April 16th. Is Casey’s still planning on leveling everything and building new?

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    According to chatter on Nextdoor, the last day for the gas station to be open is April 16th. Is Casey’s still planning on leveling everything and building new?
    Yes, as far as I know.

They have a pending building permit for the plans you quoted.

The Casey's store on 192nd and Penn is now open.

This from the ground up location sells 88 Octane Ethanol, which is the first place in OKC I have seen it. Apparently it is 15% Ethanol, compared to most stations that are 87 Octane 10% Ethanol, they have stickers saying it is safe for cars made after 2001.

*Not to be confused with E-85, which is for FlexFuel vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    They are doing this to the one in Moore, on SE 4th St & Eastern. They have completely demolished it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    The Casey's store on 192nd and Penn is now open.

This from the ground up location sells 88 Octane Ethanol, which is the first place in OKC I have seen it. Apparently it is 15% Ethanol, compared to most stations that are 87 Octane 10% Ethanol, they have stickers saying it is safe for cars made after 2001.

*Not to be confused with E-85, which is for FlexFuel vehicles.
    I've been in twice.

The taco pizza was pretty good. They use a good blend of salsa & refried beans, in place of sauce. The online ordering system wasn't working, so I had to pay at the front counter. I think the system was just down.

The store, on both trips, was about 85 degrees, so the AC either isn't working or maybe it's just not quite finished yet.

The two items I bought from the "Fresh" pastry case were anything but Fresh. More like they had been there since the opening day. They would have been really good, had they been fresh.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed, but I realize it was days two and three and there will be growing pains. The pizza was good enough to be a frequent customer and I really want to try the breakfast pizza.

Last week the one on 39th and penn had everything pretty much half off. Drinks and Beer. Something about getting rid of stuff making room for the Kitchen. Not sure why they wouldn't just send it too another store though?

Casey's gasoline is not listed as a 'top tier' petroleum product, for those interested in what goes in their tanks.

https://www.toptiergas.com/consumers/

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Casey's gasoline is not listed as a 'top tier' petroleum product, for those interested in what goes in their tanks.

https://www.toptiergas.com/consumers/
    Yes, compared to Circle K, Casey's is definitely an upgrade on the C-store side of things, but a huge downgrade on fuel - all grades of Shell gasoline that Circle K was dispensing was top tier. Casey's doesn't offer top-tier fuels at all. It's kind of frustrating, as there are now FAR fewer Shell stations in the metro.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Yes, compared to Circle K, Casey's is definitely an upgrade on the C-store side of things, but a huge downgrade on fuel - all grades of Shell gasoline that Circle K was dispensing was top tier. Casey's doesn't offer top-tier fuels at all. It's kind of frustrating, as there are now FAR fewer Shell stations in the metro.
    That's why we only get gas at OnCue, always top tier Phillips 66 gas. Plus you usually get 10c off with the app, or 25c off right now with the Phillips 66 credit card through the app.

12. Default Re: Casey's General Store

They seem to be making the rounds now with the stores the just slapped a new sign on before. Several of them have been closed and have been getting gutted. There's a store on 29th/Douglas in MWC that wasn't in bad shape at all, but with OnCue across the street, they had to fork over the dollars to spruce the place up (which i think was only about 15 years old?).

^

They are basically completely remodeling and adding kitchens to all the old Circle K locations.

The Casey's at 39th & May has reopened after a complete remodel.

Huge improvement over the old Circle K.

Just as 39th & May opened, the location at 36th & Penn started its massive redo.

It's mind-boggling how much OnCue, 7-11, QT, and Casey's have spent in this market in just the last several years. Plus you have some smaller chains like Domino and E-Express spending millions as well.

We finally tried the breakfast pizza (gravy as sauce with sausage) and it lived up to it's reputation. We were both starving when we ate it, but I'm confident that even from a more objective perspective, it was excellent.

I also re-visited the "fresh donuts" case and had a much better experience than last time. Very good fritter and filled donut.

I think they are still struggling to find employees and are limiting their deli services for that reason. The sign on the counter was advertising full and part-time donut makers, starting at $13/hr.

17. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We finally tried the breakfast pizza (gravy as sauce with sausage) and it lived up to it's reputation. We were both starving when we ate it, but I'm confident that even from a more objective perspective, it was excellent.
    I'm walking distance from a Casey's and every morning is a struggle on whether to eat something healthy or have Casey's breakfast pizza.

Construction appears to have wrapped up at I-240 and Walker, and from what I could see from the highway, it looks like they've begun to stock product in the store. Shouldn't be too much longer before they're open again, I'd wager.

construction is also almost done at the Casey's at Douglas and 29th

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post

I also re-visited the "fresh donuts" case and had a much better experience than last time. Very good fritter and filled donut.

I think they are still struggling to find employees and are limiting their deli services for that reason. The sign on the counter was advertising full and part-time donut makers, starting at $13/hr.
    When you only pay $13 an hour in 2022 don't be surprised when you have trouble finding people to work for you.

The completely remodeled Casey's at Reno & Lincoln near Bricktown has reopened.

Stopped for petrol at nw 23 and Western the other day. Clerk said it reopened end of April,although a couple containers are still present.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Construction appears to have wrapped up at I-240 and Walker, and from what I could see from the highway, it looks like they've begun to stock product in the store. Shouldn't be too much longer before they're open again, I'd wager.
    I-240 & Walker reopened for business earlier this week.

The Casey’s at I-35 and 15th in Edmond is back open. They didn’t do much to the outside but the inside is very nice, just like their new builds. Looks like they put the bathrooms in the now bricked up car wash.

Same story for the Circle-Ks in Yukon, first was just rebranding and selling off the product, then they razed the location at Vandament & Cornwell, the location at 66 & Yukon Pkwy is now good stop and the one at Mustang & Reno looks to have wrapped up their remodel.

We like their food and c-store goods, however I will never put their gas in any of our vehicles.

Thread Information