Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Casey's General Store

Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Full remodel is coming in January to the I-35 and 15th street location in Edmond per employee. This location had a Subway.
    Good deal. I’ll probably use this location and the Walker I-240 location the most

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Also, Casey's has submitted plans to demolish the old Circle K on the NE corner of SW 134th & Western, and build a new store.

They are spending a ton of money in this town and I'm sure much more is to come.

isn't there one a mile west and one a mile south of there?

hopefully some upgrades coming in norman then too

Construction has started on the NW 192nd & Penn location. They are still in the framing stage and there is a lot of material on site and workers were arriving at 7:15 on a Saturday morning, so hopefully it goes up pretty fast.

Plans to completely remodel the Casey's on the NE corner of Walker and I-240; will include a pizza kitchen:

Good! I use this location frequently and the gas pumps suck, It will be nice to have the pizza option. You aren't kidding they are really dumping a ton of money in this town. It's hard to wrap my head around it sometimes just how big of an expansion they took at once here.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Good! I use this location frequently and the gas pumps suck, It will be nice to have the pizza option. You aren't kidding they are really dumping a ton of money in this town. It's hard to wrap my head around it sometimes just how big of an expansion they took at once here.
    Plus 7-11 and OnCue.

I'm sure the total investment is well north of $1 billion in the OKC area in just the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Construction has started on the NW 192nd & Penn location. They are still in the framing stage and there is a lot of material on site and workers were arriving at 7:15 on a Saturday morning, so hopefully it goes up pretty fast.
    Exterior brick work looks to be finished.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Exterior brick work looks to be finished.
    Yeah, we drove by on Christmas day and were surprised at how far along the construction is. They aren't messing around, but since that area is literally a retail wasteland, they will probably do VERY well there. We live in the immediate area and the small convenience store at NW 178th & Penn doesn't have a good reputation. Bad service and more than a few reports of card skimming, so we never go there. Plus, they seem to only be open banker's hours.

Casey's just filed permits for a new location on the NW corner of NW 122nd and Western.

Casey's really has cleaned up a lot of eye sores around the city. Hope they keep up with the maintenance. Our C-store game has really stepped up in the past few years.

The Circle Casey's at Reno/Mustang Closed last week for a full remodel- Rumor has it that it will be getting as kitchen. Not sure if any others are currently being upgraded as well, but it will be interesting to see what it looks like after the renovations.

Interestingly, even the Good Stop locations (Casey's sub-brand) are getting the full renovation treatment.

I believe they use the Good Stop name for an old Circle K that is smaller and/or particularly close to another Casey's location.

The Good Stop on the NE corner of NW 63rd and Broadway Extension is getting a full redo -- although within the existing walls -- including a kitchen.

There are 17 Good Stops, all in Oklahoma:

https://www.caseys.com/goodstop

14. Default Re: Casey's General Store

^^^^^^
    Makes sense. That is one of the old-school Texaco (later Shell, then other brands) locations that is not much more than an expanded attendant kiosk. No way it could be expanded to resemble a full-sized Casey’s like the ones they are placing in the old purpose-built Conocos and Circle K locations. And it has a Casey’s right across the highway to the west (though that one doesn’t exactly fit in with most of the Casey’s conversions, either).

It is interesting to watch this company come in and re-work the hodgepodge of locations they inherited in the buyout. So far their decisions appear to be pretty reasonable and sound from a business perspective.

^^^^ Perhaps, in these smaller spaces, model into a coffee place. Coffee and breakfast items, to go, with a drive through.

Casey's Coffee, anyone? I know there is Scooters and Dutch and others, but Casey's Coffee has a nice ring to it.

I like it.

16. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    ^^^^ Perhaps, in these smaller spaces, model into a coffee place. Coffee and breakfast items, to go, with a drive through.

Casey's Coffee, anyone? I know there is Scooters and Dutch and others, but Casey's Coffee has a nice ring to it.

I like it.
    Mmmmmmaybe...... I know they just spent a chunk of change converting all their stores to bean to cup coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Mmmmmmaybe...... I know they just spent a chunk of change converting all their stores to bean to cup coffee.
    Their bean to coffee is actually pretty good. I don't generally go to Caseys in OKC as my experiences in the past were the employees were not friendly or motivated to help customers. They also did not enforce masks for employees or customers when they had the mandatory mask requirement. I am glad to see they are cleaning up a bunch of the old Circle Ks. I have property in Nowata and go to that Caseys and the employees are helpful and friendly.

I noticed the Casey's on the NW corner of 39th & May is now under full renovation and is closed for the time being.

Given all the filed building permits for the other old Circle K locations, we should start seeing many more of these closures and major construction.

19. Default Re: Casey's General Store

I’ve noticed they’ve dropped a job site container box at NW 23rd and Western, so I’m guessing that one will be underway very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Plus 7-11 and OnCue.

I'm sure the total investment is well north of $1 billion in the OKC area in just the last several years.
    And now QuikTrip.

Oklahoma City may in fact have the best convenience stores in the USA.

Casey's has been my go-to gas station since they built one in Yukon. Their rewards program is unrivaled. At one time I had ten dollars of rewards at Casey's. That's half a tank of gas for me.

Heard from the employees at the 29th and Douglas store they are shutting down on 3/7 to remodel.

I-240 and Walker is shut down for remodel, and they've completely gutted the interior. It'll be a whole new store when they're done with it.

Same thing happening at Santa Fe & Edmond Road (2nd Street).........Shut down currently for full re-model. I was in this store back in Nov/Dec timeframe and the clerk said this was going to happen after the first of year. Most are getting hot dog, burrito staging centers similar to what you see in On Cue and Q-Trip.

Does anyone know what is going in at the NW corner of Santa Fe & 33rd Street ? I can't imagine it being anything but a C-Store. A couple days ago they had what looked like a huge gasoline container on the corner that is now buried. No signage though on the corner yet........

Same thing happening at Santa Fe & Edmond Road (2nd Street).........Shut down currently for full re-model. I was in this store back in Nov/Dec timeframe and the clerk said this was going to happen after the first of year. Most are getting hot dog, burrito staging centers similar to what you see in On Cue and Q-Trip.

Does anyone know what is going in at the NW corner of Santa Fe & 33rd Street ? I can't imagine it being anything but a C-Store. A couple days ago they had what looked like a huge gasoline container on the corner that is now buried. No signage though on the corner yet........

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw a while back that it was going to be an Okie Car Wash.

Thread Information