Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 179

Thread: Casey's General Store

  1. #151

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Is this one a them haiku thingies?

    Just gave me the name for the Sheetz and Wawas copy we gonna open here in Oklahoma-

    Hi-Que

    And we will do all the ads and in store promo copy in the form of a haiku
    No one has ever confused me with Scott Frost
    But I love the idea of bringing Hi-Que to market
    Just need to work in lots of rich woods (and marble) in our schemes

  2. #152

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Scott Frost? The Nebraska football coach?

  3. #153

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    The location at 33rd and Boulevard has changed from Casey’s to this Good Stop:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB538B0F-38DA-4450-B5B2-E7CF6510241F.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	17146

  4. #154

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    The location at 33rd and Boulevard has changed from Casey’s to this Good Stop:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB538B0F-38DA-4450-B5B2-E7CF6510241F.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	17146
    The old Circle K on the northeast corner of 63rd & Broadway will also be a Good Stop.

    I think they may be operated by Casey's but not sure.

  5. #155

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The old Circle K on the northeast corner of 63rd & Broadway will also be a Good Stop.

    I think they may be operated by Casey's but not sure.
    They are operated by Casey's. Some of the Good Stop signs have "by Casey's" in small print at the bottom.

    Regarding the Sheetz discussion, they have just expanded into the Columbus, Ohio area this year. It's very doubtful they will ever come this far to OKC, although I would love it if they would, as I stopped at many Sheetz locations in that region when I lived up there for a few years.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,648
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Thanks for posting those graphics. People often make casual remark here that make it sound like OKC is failing at something, but remarks that completely ignore reality.

    It only takes a quick glance to see that even cities like Dallas, Houston, Denver, Chicago, or Los Angeles have little-to-zero chance of gaining one of those brands (that frankly I’ve never heard of) anytime soon, much less OKC. In the real world businesses run a bit different than they do in people’s imaginations.
    Hmm, is there a C-Store brand in this part of the country that is rated as well, or even better, than WaWa and Sheetz? Maybe one with stores in Dallas and soon to be in Denver? Maybe one about to open a store in the OKC area?

  7. #157

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Hmm, is there a C-Store brand in this part of the country that is rated as well, or even better, than WaWa and Sheetz? Maybe one with stores in Dallas and soon to be in Denver? Maybe one about to open a store in the OKC area?
    I don't' think the poster was comparing those stores to Quick Trip, yet saying that those NE regional stores don't even seem to be looking at bigger markets like Houston, Dallas etc. Likely based on location away from their current core business. If those larger markets aren't on their radar, then OKC definitely isn't. Just because people want a business to come somewhere doesn't necessarily mean it is what is best financially for the company.

  8. #158

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by etsuco05 View Post
    They are operated by Casey's. Some of the Good Stop signs have "by Casey's" in small print at the bottom.

    Regarding the Sheetz discussion, they have just expanded into the Columbus, Ohio area this year. It's very doubtful they will ever come this far to OKC, although I would love it if they would, as I stopped at many Sheetz locations in that region when I lived up there for a few years.
    Stopped at a new Sheetz in Colorado Springs several times this past year since it was close to our hotel. Nice place.

  9. #159

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Hmm, is there a C-Store brand in this part of the country that is rated as well, or even better, than WaWa and Sheetz? Maybe one with stores in Dallas and soon to be in Denver? Maybe one about to open a store in the OKC area?
    Buc-ee’s is wildly overrated
    Not even in the same Zip Code
    As Sheetz and Wawa

  10. Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    Buc-ee’s is wildly overrated
    Not even in the same Zip Code
    As Sheetz and Wawa
    I assumed they were talking about QuikTrip. As far as I know, there's no proof that Buc-ee's is even interested in OKC right now.

  11. #161

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Casey's is planning a full re-do of the old Circle K at Reno and Lincoln on the fringes of Bricktown.

    That location had previously housed a small Subway, which was shuttered after the takeover.

    It's a little hard to see, but there will be a full kitchen in the northwest corner complete with pizza ovens. Checkout will be in the SW corner; a coffee island is near the center.

    Not sure if they will completely close for what will be a total renovation, but that seems to be a strong possibility.

    I'm sure some of the larger old Circle K's will get the same treatment over time.


  12. #162

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Also, Casey's has submitted plans to demolish the old Circle K on the NE corner of SW 134th & Western, and build a new store.

    They are spending a ton of money in this town and I'm sure much more is to come.


  13. #163

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Also, Casey's has submitted plans to demolish the old Circle K on the NE corner of SW 134th & Western, and build a new store.

    They are spending a ton of money in this town and I'm sure much more is to come.

    It is interesting that they are doing that right after all of the signage changes, pump changes etc., that they just did. I'm sure that wasn't cheap, especially to just demo it. Perhaps they can just repurpose most of the recent changes. Don't get me wrong, that place needs to be demolished.

  14. #164

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Casey's is planning a full re-do of the old Circle K at Reno and Lincoln on the fringes of Bricktown.

    That location had previously housed a small Subway, which was shuttered after the takeover.

    It's a little hard to see, but there will be a full kitchen in the northwest corner complete with pizza ovens. Checkout will be in the SW corner; a coffee island is near the center.

    Not sure if they will completely close for what will be a total renovation, but that seems to be a strong possibility.

    I'm sure some of the larger old Circle K's will get the same treatment over time.

    The Casey’s at I-35 and 15th in Edmond also has a shuttered Subway. Hopefully some major renovations are coming there too.

  15. #165

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Casey's has submitted plans to completely renovate the 39th & Penn location, similar to the one at Reno & Lincoln.

    The outside walls will stay but they will gut and put in a pizza kitchen at the left rear (NE corner).

    Literally, hundreds of millions are being spent in OKC by Casey's, 7-11, OnCue and soon QuikTrip. Ubelievable how this has all ramped up in just the last few years.


  16. #166

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Casey's has submitted plans to completely rework the location on the NW corner of Meridian and I-40, expanding slightly to the north to add a pizza kitchen.

    This was an old Circle K location; the existing car wash will be demolished.

  17. #167

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Casey's has submitted plans to completely rework the location on the NW corner of Meridian and I-40, expanding slightly to the north to add a pizza kitchen.

    This was an old Circle K location; the existing car wash will be demolished.
    I wish the redo could change the area. I've stopped there for gas twice since the change at 6ish in the morning. I'm a member of Casey's rewards. I got hit up for change both times. One guy was pretty aggressive. Before I stop there again I'm going to invest in some pepper spray.

  18. #168

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Is that right by the Biltmore Hotel?

  19. #169

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Is that right by the Biltmore Hotel?
    Yep. In their parking lot basically.

  20. #170

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Casey's is starting to switch out the temporary signs for more permanent versions.

    This is the site at 39th & May:





  21. #171

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Casey's is completely remodeling two more locations and adding a pizza kitchen: 39th & May and 23rd & Western.

  22. #172

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Casey's is completely remodeling two more locations and adding a pizza kitchen: 39th & May and 23rd & Western.
    I've never been in a Casey's but they seem to be known for their pizza. Is it safe to assume that all new construction Casey's will have a pizza kitchen? Do they build new locations without one? I ask because one is being built on the corner of our subdivision and I really like pizza.

  23. #173

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I've never been in a Casey's but they seem to be known for their pizza. Is it safe to assume that all new construction Casey's will have a pizza kitchen? Do they build new locations without one? I ask because one is being built on the corner of our subdivision and I really like pizza.
    All the new-build locations in our area have had pizza kitchens. Their pizza has a reputation as being good and a good value.


    It will be interesting to see how many of the old Circle K's get the full re-build treatment. They seem to be moving pretty fast with the new places, the acquisition of Circle K and now these complete re-do's.

  24. #174

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    ^^^^ I asked about the Casey’s at Walker and I-240. They said they will remodel soon and include a pizza kitchen where there isn’t one right now.

  25. #175

    Default Re: Casey's General Store

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^^ I asked about the Casey’s at Walker and I-240. They said they will remodel soon and include a pizza kitchen where there isn’t one right now.
    Full remodel is coming in January to the I-35 and 15th street location in Edmond per employee. This location had a Subway.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boone's General Store closed
    By metro in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 09:19 AM
  2. Boone's General Store Closed
    By Lauri101 in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 04:56 PM
  3. Boone's General Store
    By John in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO