Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey's General Store

1. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the barn front is not part of even brand new builds of Casey stores ..
    I realize they aren't doing it anymore, but it's still a cheap version. I mean compare these two....
    I'm just saying they cheapened out to say a buck and it shows.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	17096

Default Re: Casey's General Store

Of those two options the one on the right looks far better to me, it's more modern branding. It's also clearly their current branding overall if you look at their website.

3. Default Re: Casey's General Store

The new logo is cleaner and more modern. I'm sure that was the impetus for changing.

4. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Plans are out for this project to bid as well as two others.
    19251 North Pennsylvania Avenue
    15107 North Santa Fe Avenue
    101 N Wood Drive Okmulgee
    They are doing some dirt work on 192nd and Penn. also a for sale sign has recently been put up.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Of those two options the one on the right looks far better to me, it's more modern branding. It's also clearly their current branding overall if you look at their website.
    True, but these acquisition stores are still just using placeholder signs where its just a logo in a white box to fix the existing sign frame. I'm sure the long term plans is to gradually replace these smaller stores with new ones several years down the road. Sounds like there about to hit the ground running with these new constructions.

6. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    True, but these acquisition stores are still just using placeholder signs where its just a logo in a white box to fix the existing sign frame. I'm sure the long term plans is to gradually replace these smaller stores with new ones several years down the road. Sounds like there about to hit the ground running with these new constructions.
    But as David said look at the website and all the Casey's branded items. They are all the new simpler logo. They didn't change all of those things to match temporary signage on the newly acquired stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Any idea what will happen with the Circle K at 33rd and Boulevard in Edmond? Seems way to small to become a Casey’s.
    This location has been rebranded to a “Good Stop by Casey’s”. I was hoping for a tear down and rebuild but I doubt there is enough room to do that.

8. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    This location has been rebranded to a “Good Stop by Casey’s”. I was hoping for a tear down and rebuild but I doubt there is enough room to do that.
    So has the store on the SE corner of I40 and Meridian. Since the store On the NW corner became a Casey's. Unfortunately the area hasn't improved and it can be scary to get gas in the dark of early mornings. Lots if iffy people roaming around.

A little surprising that we can’t figure out a way
    To get some Wawas or Sheetz sited in this city
    They are so much better than Oncue or Casey’s

10. Default Re: Casey's General Store

No matter what we have there will always be something someone thinks is better. If it is or not will always be up for debate. But with the rapid national expansion of OnCue and Casey's a lot of people must think they're pretty good.

11. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post

Oklahoma definitely wouldn't fit in with organic growth for either of those brands as they are now. Maybe in a few decades if they've grown across the country since then.

If you want it done now, head up to Sheetz/Wawa territory and learn everything you can about them, then come back to Oklahoma and start your own version of it here. Homegrown businesses are the #1 way retail improves in OKC. And it works out better for us anyway, since the money stays here in town instead of going back to the Northeast.

I've never been to a Sheetz or a Wawa but I can't imagine they're that much better than OnCue. Food might be a little better, sure. But OnCue gets so many things right it's hard to imagine what else Sheetz/Wawa could improve on.

^^^ I was going to post something like that but didn’t. I went to a Wawa in Florida and I have to say it is probably the nicest gas station setup I’ve seen. I wish OnCue would install automatic doors. Other than that OnCue takes second place. Sheetz are okay. I’m quickly hoping on the scratching my head over the obsession OKC has with fuel stations band wagon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^ I was going to post something like that but didn’t. I went to a Wawa in Florida and I have to say it is probably the nicest gas station setup I’ve seen. I wish OnCue would install automatic doors. Other than that OnCue takes second place. Sheetz are okay. I’m quickly hoping on the scratching my head over the obsession OKC has with fuel stations band wagon though.
    The new one on mustang road has the automatic sliding doors

Quote Originally Posted by traemac View Post
    The new one on mustang road has the automatic sliding doors
    That’s good to hear!

15. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post

Oklahoma definitely wouldn't fit in with organic growth for either of those brands as they are now. Maybe in a few decades if they've grown across the country since then.

If you want it done now, head up to Sheetz/Wawa territory and learn everything you can about them, then come back to Oklahoma and start your own version of it here. Homegrown businesses are the #1 way retail improves in OKC. And it works out better for us anyway, since the money stays here in town instead of going back to the Northeast.

I've never been to a Sheetz or a Wawa but I can't imagine they're that much better than OnCue. Food might be a little better, sure. But OnCue gets so many things right it's hard to imagine what else Sheetz/Wawa could improve on.
    Thanks for posting those graphics. People often make casual remark here that make it sound like OKC is failing at something, but remarks that completely ignore reality.

It only takes a quick glance to see that even cities like Dallas, Houston, Denver, Chicago, or Los Angeles have little-to-zero chance of gaining one of those brands (that frankly I’ve never heard of) anytime soon, much less OKC. In the real world businesses run a bit different than they do in people’s imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Thanks for posting those graphics. People often make casual remark here that make it sound like OKC is failing at something, but remarks that completely ignore reality.

It only takes a quick glance to see that even cities like Dallas, Houston, Denver, Chicago, or Los Angeles have little-to-zero chance of gaining one of those brands (that frankly I’ve never heard of) anytime soon, much less OKC. In the real world businesses run a bit different than they do in people’s imaginations.
    My comment was (mostly) made in satire
    Although, OnCue and Casey's would do well
    If they incorporated the kinds
    Of fits and finishes seen inside Sheetzes and WaWas
    A little wood and high-end granite goes a long way
    Lay some tiles on a diagonal, for Christ sakes!

17. Default Re: Casey's General Store

I don't need high end finishes in a c-store. I need neat, clean, stocked and everything works. The whole point of a c-store to me is to not be there long enough to notice wood or granite.

18. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Frankly, I've never noticed which way the tile in OnCue is laid or how nice the granite is, and I tend to be the sort of person that notices that sort of thing. I do remember that it's nicely-furnished enough that I consider it pleasant to be in. I suspect any extra money they spent on upgrading it beyond where it's at now wouldn't be noticeable enough to most people to recoup the additional cost.

Not saying that the same is true of places like 7-Eleven that aren't even attempting to have nice furnishings, of course.

Frankly, I've never noticed which way the tile in OnCue is laid or how nice the granite is, and I tend to be the sort of person that notices that sort of thing. I do remember that it's nicely-furnished enough that I consider it pleasant to be in. I suspect any extra money they spent on upgrading it beyond where it's at now wouldn't be noticeable enough to most people to recoup the additional cost.

Not saying that the same is true of places like 7-Eleven that aren't even attempting to have nice furnishings, of course.
    This is a good point. Very possible that the people who might care about fit and finish are the sort who already own electric cars and have less need for C-Stores. However, I would argue that OnCue's fit and finish was a key driver in its ability to take market share from OKC's existing C-Stores. Same reason you see landlords upgrading facades on older retail properties.

Sheetz and WaWa are just taking good design and overall polish to a different level, and I wouldn't be surprised if OnCue starts to work in some of these motifs soon.

Name:	web-Wawa-DC-Store.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	17138

Name:	imagewawa.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	17139

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	17140

Name:	03-wawa-dc-goldentridc.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	17144

Name:	212d785c-5603-48b6-bc02-e6cb2e51357f-Sheetz10.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	362.1 KB 
ID:	17142

Name:	8eaa4b88-609c-4cb2-8e1a-754e7f3fca6f-Sheetz7.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	449.0 KB 
ID:	17143
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EJ6Lb0gWsAIIKQ4.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	17141  

I think OnCue needs to work on branding inside the store. When I am in one of the new 7-11s, it feels like I am in a 7-11, same with QT the new Casey’s. OnCue just feels like a generic convenience store inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I don't need high end finishes in a c-store. I need neat, clean, stocked and everything works. The whole point of a c-store to me is to not be there long enough to notice wood or granite.
    This is spot on. Half or more of the times I get gas I don't even go into the store.

OnCue has dedicated doors that swing the direction you are traveling for both ingress and egress which means you can just push them open without touching the handle or having to wait for someone going the opposite direction.

That's a nice touch and works as well as an automatic door IMO.

23. Default Re: Casey's General Store

This is a good point. Very possible that the people who might care about fit and finish are the sort who already own electric cars and have less need for C-Stores. However, I would argue that OnCue's fit and finish was a key driver in its ability to take market share from OKC's existing C-Stores. Same reason you see landlords upgrading facades on older retail properties.

Sheetz and WaWa are just taking good design and overall polish to a different level, and I wouldn't be surprised if OnCue starts to work in some of these motifs soon.

Name:	web-Wawa-DC-Store.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	17138

Name:	imagewawa.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	17139

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	17140

Name:	03-wawa-dc-goldentridc.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	17144

Name:	212d785c-5603-48b6-bc02-e6cb2e51357f-Sheetz10.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	362.1 KB 
ID:	17142

Name:	8eaa4b88-609c-4cb2-8e1a-754e7f3fca6f-Sheetz7.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	449.0 KB 
ID:	17143
    I have to disagree. OnCue built larger, cleaner and more organized stores. I don't the think the fit and finish has much to do with it. And OnCue is still beating 7-11 because even some of the new , big 7-11s are already becoming dumps. Such as the one on 36th and SantaFe.

Is this one a them haiku thingies?

Just gave me the name for the Sheetz and Wawas copy we gonna open here in Oklahoma-

Hi-Que

And we will do all the ads and in store promo copy in the form of a haiku

25. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Is this one a them haiku thingies?

Just gave me the name for the Sheetz and Wawas copy we gonna open here in Oklahoma-

Hi-Que

And we will do all the ads and in store promo copy in the form of a haiku
    Visit gas station
    Lots of snacks to be purchased
    This saves you some time

Thread Information