Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Casey's General Store

Default Re: Casey's General Store

Not sure about the rest of the OKC market, but the location at 150th and Santa Fe is currently shut down. I’m assuming it is likely related to current events.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    This has been a well known issue with Caseys for quite some time now. I can't believe it's not hurting their business. Other than using the restroom once at a Caseys, (not a pleasant experience) I've never spent a dime at any of them. I see no reason to give my business to anyone in this area other than OnCue. Same goes for 7-11. I have been tempted to try their pizza but haven't so far. If I ever do I would certainly pay with cash.
    Not just Casey's, but other gas stations and similar self-services in OKC have been slow to adapt tap to pay with smartphones, physical credit cards with NFC chips, and watches. It is my understanding that this method is much more secure than swiping a card, as the one time code handshake between devices, if stolen, would do no good anyways. OnCues we frequent have them installed, but not activated at the pumps, but have them at the point of sale inside the store. Not sure why it is in one place, but not the other.

I was at a parking garage in downtown earlier this week, the pay station had tap to pay, but it was not activated. Had to dig for cash to pay, very hesitant to insert a credit card at a pay station out in the open.

I think the Tap to Pay method probably demands a higher percentage to support, but seems like it would save a lot of headaches for a company down the road in situations like this.

You hardly ever if never hear of it happening at OnCue. If you are on NextDoor you read about it happening all the time at Casey's and 7-11s.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    You hardly ever if never hear of it happening at OnCue. If you are on NextDoor you read about it happening all the time at Casey's and 7-11s.
    To OnCue's credit, they tend to have a lot more activity with numerous pumps and all locations are 24 hours inside and extremely well lit. I don't know how quick a CC skimmer can be placed, but OnCue may also have their team members check the pumps often for this?

With Casey's opening new stores around OKC from the ground up, you would hope the latest pump technology and design to deter skimming.

5. Default Re: Casey's General Store

I like that at COSTCO, they place COSTCO tape across the face of the card reader showing it hasn't been tampered with.

It looks like Casey's is starting to remodel even their Good Stop locations. Just interior redos and paint, but still I'm sure it will be a big improvement as most of those former Circle K stores were pretty grimy.

Good grief, that company has spent a small fortune in the OKC area is a short period of time.

Folks still getting skimmed / scammed at Casey’s. Really thought they were interested in competing with OnCue in this MSA but maybe not?

https://share.newsbreak.com/3pjt42ly

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Folks still getting skimmed / scammed at Casey’s. Really thought they were interested in competing with OnCue in this MSA but maybe not?

I noticed the OnCue where I fill up the most in NWOKC finally re-enabled the tap to pay option/Apple Pay, so you don't have to physically swipe your card. Wonder if this was in response to the recent skimming incidents?

9. Default Re: Casey's General Store

It would take all of 1 minute for store employees to check their pumps for skimmers. There's no excuse for a chain like Casey's to have a significant problem with it.

I have heard of cards getting skimmed at Casey's when the customer never bought gas and only used their card inside at the register. I think there is something inherently wrong with their whole card system. It happens too often at too many locations. I haven't bought gas anywhere except OnCue in probably 5 years or longer unless I'm out of town and have no other choice, but that is very rarely.

A card could be skimmed at any gas station and used anywhere. The question is did the scammers all agree to only use the stolen card information at Casey's to keep their true skimmer locations a secret? I'm not confident its all Casey's fault. I know KFOR interviewed a woman who said she went to Casey's for the first time, but people tend to remember details incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post

Fool me once...
    There is nothing compelling about their gas or store. It is not even Top Tier like OnCue or stations with branded fuel.

13. Default Re: Casey's General Store

I'm assuming the Casey's at I40 and MacArthur is close to reopening. Because the just bulldozed the I40 and Meridian store.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I'm assuming the Casey's at I40 and MacArthur is close to reopening. Because the just bulldozed the I40 and Meridian store.
    Good. There are too many gas stations/Caseys between I-40 and Reno along Meridian.

15. Default Re: Casey's General Store

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Good. There are too many gas stations/Caseys between I-40 and Reno along Meridian.
    It's not gone for good. They're just building a new building like they've been doing to a bunch of them.

The Casey's Main and Pickard, across from Norman High School, is being completely redone. They've already tore down the car wash and are going to add extensions to both sides of the building, including a kitchen. That place is going to be packed at lunchtime

Thread Information