Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1204 N. Hudson (formerly Arrive Hotel)

Midtown 1204 N. Hudson (formerly Arrive Hotel)

Boutique hotel proposed for Midtown

Design plans have been submitted for a 6-story hotel with restaurant space, coffee shop, and 2nd-floor bar and patio in the Midtown District.

The project is located on the northeast corner of NW 11th and Hudson as part of a development by the Pivot Project that includes the recently opened Elk Valley Brewery and old Uptown Theater which is under renovation and will become the Hudson Street Market.

The new streetcar runs directly to the south on NW 11th.

Architect is Chris Pardo Design of Palm Springs, California.

The popular Ambassador Hotel just to the west is the only current hotel in Midtown. The Villa Teresa project includes a proposed hotel on its grounds as well.

Default Re: Midtown Hotel

A+

Very nice!

Great Design! Highly recommend viewing the architects website, he does great work. Also loving the black windows and the detailing in the brick work.

Blog Entries

Quirky design but I kinda like it. I wonder if Marva will protest.

Also, kinda blocks the Elk Valley patio from some of its good views, but oh well.

I’m a big fan of the design and location. The brick and windows look good as mentioned above. Height is great for the area. This will also offer some stellar views of downtown. I’m glad we’re seeing a trend of mid rise development in midtown.

I was on the fence about the design but the more I look at it the more it grows on me. I think in real life it will translate much better than renderings. This will be a great location.

https://www.elementalarchitecture.com/lisbon-lofts.html

This architect did an amazing job on the Lisbon Lofts on 9th Street.

Blog Entries

Nice design, but the concept doesn’t show the Streetcar!

Modern design yet fits in nicely with surrounding structures (esp. to the east/ne), high qualty and unique facade, ground floor retail, fantastic location, obliterates another surface parking lot. Checks almost every box for me! I hope this project gets built.

looks like 110 rooms

this will be a great addition to the area

very nice... based upon the design, i at first thought they were renovating an existing building (mainly because it looks like there will be brick) and couldn't place what building they could be renovating... so great to see new constructions that won't look out of place, and still look amazing!

Now THIS is a smash! Great look and design, right on the street, fills a vacant lot, great infill. Decent height. Not cookie cutter. I love it.

Are people seeing a different st of renderings than I? Looks horrendous. I hope it looks better in person.

15. Default Re: Midtown Hotel

Looks fantastic to me as well! Unique but still blends in well and looks like it'll have great street interaction.

16. Default Re: Midtown Hotel

Maybe I'm not reading it right, but not sure why you would put the second floor bar and patio on the north side. Why not the south where you could have views of downtown? Otherwise, great design and a nice add for this area.

I love the concept not a huge fan of the design however, Pivot is great and will deliver an amazing product.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Maybe I'm not reading it right, but not sure why you would put the second floor bar and patio on the north side. Why not the south where you could have views of downtown? Otherwise, great design and a nice add for this area.
    South would be really hot... but the views are better south, yes.

Also, Elk Valley has that 2nd level patio and I'm sure they didn't want to build a tall structure right up against it.

Do they call that color Walker Tower Orange?

Love. It.

This is fantastic infill for Midtown! The design feels like an updated mid-century modern style and I totally dig it. I hope this gets built and soon!

I agree.

I think the design is going to look awesome in person and in the context of that neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Are people seeing a different st of renderings than I? Looks horrendous. I hope it looks better in person.
    Catch 22 I agree completely. It is weird, and if I were to be more critical: contrived. This is a great example of trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I agree.

I think the design is going to look awesome in person and in the context of that neighborhood.
    as someone that is very interested in this area i could not agree more

it is a great look and a great fit in the nieghborhood

^^^^agreed. I absolutely love this design. I hope it stays exactly like this. I do like the idea of the patio on the south side, but I understand why they are putting it on the North too. But it would be cool to have the patio a little more visible from the street. But it's all good.

Thread Information