Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1204 N. Hudson (formerly Arrive Hotel)

Default Re: Midtown Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Catch 22 I agree completely. It is weird, and if I were to be more critical: contrived. This is a great example of trying too hard.
    Apparently we need to get our eyes checked out. Reminds me of some fashion show outfit that is terrible but everybody praises it because it’s the right thing to do. Lol.

2. Default Re: Midtown Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Apparently we need to get our eyes checked out. Reminds me of some fashion show outfit that is terrible but everybody praises it because it’s the right thing to do. Lol.
    Or it is as simple as not everyone having the same tastes. There is no project that everyone agrees on and that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    Or it is as simple as not everyone having the same tastes. There is no project that everyone agrees on and that is fine.
    Easy there, I’m being extremely light hearted. I’m sure it will be a fine addition to the neighborhood. I just don’t “see it”. And yes, that’s fine.

It isnt pretty. In a vacuum it is quite ugly. However, with the surrounding architecture, it fits in quite well and has the bravado of a 1970's exclusive office building. Good enough, I suppose.

I don’t love the design, but love the concept. Great to see more Infill in Midtown.

I think alot of it has to do with the renders. Honestly the quality of the renders arent the best. Ex. the brick is probably not that orange. Personally, i can see why people would not like the design. The only issue I have is the brick to glass/window ratio. I prefer more glass, just personal opinion but this isnt final so who knows. Atleast it wont look anything like town place suites in by the new Heartland haha

Add a few more floors and it would be fine.

^^^^ +1

Count me as one who likes the architecture.

Default Re: Arrive Hotel

Arrive Hotels to bring mid-century chic to Midtown

Los Angeles based Arrive Hotels & Restaurants has chosen the Midtown district of Oklahoma City for only their 6th location in the country.

The group opened their first high-style hotel in Palm Springs in 2016 and have 4 others in various stages of development in Austin, Phoenix, Memphis and Wilmington, North Carolina.

The boutique chain was founded by Chris Pardo and Peter Karpinski after working together at Four Seasons Hotels. Pardo's architecture firm has designed all their hotels, including the proposed 6-story, 110-room structure in Oklahoma City. Karpinski has extensive expertise in the restaurant and bar industry.

The brand places a strong emphasis on connecting with their immediate neighborhood and aims to serve not just tourists but locals as well. The shops, with the restaurant, are key to appealing to residents.

The midtown design shows restaurant and retail space fronting NW 11th Street and the streetcar stop, a coffee shop facing Hudson, and a 2nd level bar with large patio.

Pardo was also the architect for Lisbon Lofts just west of Saint Anthony Hospital and recently appeared before the Downtown Design Review Committee (DDRC) and received plan approval.

One of Arrive's largest capital investors is the Knitting Factory Entertainment, which recently forged a concert booking deal with Bricktown's Criterion Theater.

Rooms are expected to share elements from the original Palm Springs location, which are furnished with stylish pieces from West Elm and CB2. Also featured are Apple TV, Mail+Goetz bath products and minibars at prices that compete with local convenience stores.

Although exact details have yet to be revealed, Arrive attempts to distinguish itself from other hotels such as omitting the traditional check-in desk and instead have guests check in at the bar.

The Pivot Project owns the property on the northeast corner of NW 11th and Hudson as well as the renovated Uptown Theater to the north, which is home to the newly-opened Elk Valley Brewery and will ultimately house office and retail tenants. Pivot also has a 15-year lease on the parking lot to the north as well as the former Foodies diner building.

At the DDRC meeting, Pivot member David Wanzer introduced Pardo as their development partner for the new hotel.

Arrive's Austin project is rapidly approaching completion on the city's east side, expected to open in late 2019.

The new Midtown location is should start construction early next year.

Man. I was excited about this before. But to have the ENTIRE hotel mid-century themed? FREAKING AWESOME. This is going to be an amazingly beautiful hotel.

This is a pretty big deal.

Arrive not only does unique, high-style hotels but their bars and restaurants are super cool and aimed more towards the neighborhood than their guests.

It's a great get for OKC and is much different than just another hotel.

21c is probably the best comparison, this will just be on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Arrive not only does unique, high-style hotels but their bars and restaurants are super cool and aimed more towards the neighborhood than their guests.

It's a great get for OKC and is much different than just another hotel.
    Absolutely. I feel like this hotel is a truly unique hotel in each city it's in. Reminds me a lot of 21c, just with a different theme.

Looks great and its a pretty cool hotel brand that we are getting. Just too bad they couldnt fit a pool in here.

15. Default Re: Midtown Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Are people seeing a different st of renderings than I? Looks horrendous. I hope it looks better in person.
    Yeah, it's fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Yeah, it's fugly.
    Interior renderings are fabulous. Not a fan of the exterior. It does stand out, though.

Go back in this thread. You'll never guess, but people just have different opinions on the design. I personally love it.

18. Default Re: Arrive Hotel

Yeah, I love the design of the exterior as well. The interior renderings look even better and this brand sounds like a really exciting get for Midtown!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Will be interesting to see how they redo the dumpster areas for this and the adjacent building

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Will be interesting to see how they redo the dumpster areas for this and the adjacent building
    Dumpster strategies and related issues are the most interesting part of any new development.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Dumpster strategies and related issues are the most interesting part of any new development.
    They are when you live next door.

Any word on this moving forward?

No building permit applications as of yet.

Okay thanks for the info. Hopefully this project gets going.

Thread Information