Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Clark Crew BBQ

1. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I feel the same way about what Harry (and most of those steak comp cooks) do to their steaks. Especially the grill mark stuff. I flip my GrillGrates over to the flat side so I can get an all-over sear on them
    LOL... Yeah I've cracked a joke a few times that my steaks have one big grill mark the size of the steak.... I mean why contain that flavor to just some little strips of meat?

Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I make my own rubs for brisket and pork but hen it comes to steaks....the montreal steak seasoning is dead on for flavor.
    Do you make your own Montreal, or is there one you like to buy?

3. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I make my own rubs for brisket and pork but hen it comes to steaks....the montreal steak seasoning is dead on for flavor.
    Montreal Spicy is the best. I use it on so many things.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Do you make your own Montreal, or is there one you like to buy?
    It is made by Grill Mates. The spicy is good also but my kids don't like the heat albeit mild heat

These boys posted the menu, and it looks fire: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...u_11-11-19.pdf

Interesting that there's seafood and pizza from a place with competition bbq background? I look forward to giving it a go never the less.

It's a big place with a big back patio.

I'm sure they know they have to have a broad menu if they want to attract large numbers.

Yea that menu is huge, it looks great but I just hope they can execute it. Looking forward to trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Interesting that there's seafood and pizza from a place with competition bbq background? I look forward to giving it a go never the less.

Lotsa backyard barbecue people do pizza. There's even special wood fired ovens and attachments for Weber Kettle's. That's not a large departure, at all.

Cornish Smokehouse does a smoked / fried catfish and shrimp on Friday's and some weekends. Its really good.

The prices are gonna bring out the complainers who think barbecue should be cheap, even though his brisket is Snake River Farms wagyu. If you've never heard of that, just googe it.

Smoked bologna is an Okie necessary, otherwise known as Okie Prime Rib.

This is not cheap barbecue but that menu has something for everybody. Should be interesting .

Deleted. I'll play along.

Also, bout the pizza, he's gonna have a Santa Maria grill for steaks , so evidently, he's gonna be burning wood in a lot of different ways.

I noticed that even his burger is gonna be Snake River Farm wagyu ........... wow, Famous Daves must've made a good deal with SRF's .

12. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

There with be times that I’m craving BBQ and my wife not so many. The variety will make for a happy marriage.

From their FB page:

That menu looks very nice. Can't wait to try it out.

They have spent a ton of money and everything looks first class.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have spent a ton of money and everything looks first class.
    OKCTalk Happy hour??

I'd like to put a name with a face, since I missed the last one at slaughters

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From their FB page:

Wow. That looks gorgeous, and very fitting for the concept (and it looks like it will age well).
    '
    If they can back up this reno with consistently great BBQ, this space will look great on the Food Network, Saveur, Bon Appetit, etc.

It will definitely be an interesting collabo. Famous Dave's has been an abject disaster for some time now, but I can see Travis Clark being exactly the kind of superstar that turns the Business around. Might be time to load up on some BBQ at the Nasdaq. https://www.restaurantbusinessonline...ts-new-concept

I just hope some brisket and okra isn't $20+.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Depends on what you mean by some brisket

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    They are using the good stuff so expect to pay. 1/2 Lb of brisket and 2 sides with cornbread for $20.00 isn't bad IMO.

23. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    They are using the good stuff so expect to pay. 1/2 Lb of brisket and 2 sides with cornbread for $20.00 isn't bad IMO.
    That's pretty cheap considering the price of Wagyu..... https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/amer...isket.htmlTake into account that you have about a 50% shrink after cooking. So a 20 lb brisket will yield about 10-12 lbs of product.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    That's pretty cheap considering the price of Wagyu..... https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/amer...isket.htmlTake into account that you have about a 50% shrink after cooking. So a 20 lb brisket will yield about 10-12 lbs of product.
    That SRF site lists an 18-20 lb brisket for $189.00 so figure they net 10Lbs smoked and they are selling for $24.00 a lb. Of course they are prob. paying less than that since they are buying in bulk.

I'm excited to try this place for a number of reasons, but I've been hearing about SRF for a while, now, and also have never had the opportunity to have Wagyu. $20 for good brisket and sides seems worth it to me, especially with the quality of beef.

Thread Information