Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Clark Crew BBQ

Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

RedDollar,
    Backdoor Barbecue has "wet or dry" brisket.
    C. T.

A lot of overhead to start, that's so hard to get that money back. Hopefully it works out for this Guy, but restaurants have to be one of the least successful business ventures out there.

3. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    A lot of overhead to start, that's so hard to get that money back. Hopefully it works out for this Guy, but restaurants have to be one of the least successful business ventures out there.
    Clark Crew BBQ has a lot of momentum behind it already due to his status on the KCBS circuit. It's already known nationally at this point by all of the KCBS judges and cooks around the country and winning the Jack a couple of weeks ago made him known to even the less hardcore BBQ fanatics out there.

Remember, this is part of the Famous Dave chain so they have a ton of resources behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Remember, this is part of the Famous Dave chain so they have a ton of resources behind them.
    I'm encouraged by the gigantic smoker room buildout. I'm very intrigued by this place, and hope it is good stuff.

Travis Clark did a interview with Sam Mayes on his Podcast, listening to this guy it is very difficult to see him fail. He is not opening this because he wants too, he is opening this to be the absolute best BBQ joint in the nation. The drive that he has to succeed is amazing, the smokehouse itself is $250k.

7. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Travis Clark did a interview with Sam Mayes on his Podcast, listening to this guy it is very difficult to see him fail. He is not opening this because he wants too, he is opening this to be the absolute best BBQ joint in the nation.
    Yeah... He pretty much came out of nowhere and has dominated the competition circuit.

I remember the first time I met him was at the Fire Lake BBQ Cookoff in Shawnee about 5 years ago and he had forgotten his sauce for his chicken and had to improvise on the fly with what he had on hand. I was talking to him after judging and before the awards and he was sure he was going to get hammered in that category... Turns out that not only did he get a Grand Champion call that day. He also got his first perfect Chicken score.

Yea, I think you will see people driving in from 100s of miles to buy smoked meats off of Travis.

Should be very good for the adjacent CRE owners, too.

This is all very encouraging! Can't wait to try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Travis Clark did a interview with Sam Mayes on his Podcast, listening to this guy it is very difficult to see him fail. He is not opening this because he wants too, he is opening this to be the absolute best BBQ joint in the nation. The drive that he has to succeed is amazing, the smokehouse itself is $250k.
    Smoke house was the phrase I couldn't come up with! I want to take a look inside when he gets up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Smoke house was the phrase I couldn't come up with! I want to take a look inside when he gets up and running.
    It apparently as windowed overhead doors, he wanted the public to be able to look in and see what goes into the food they are eating. Sounds like he really has his stuff together.

12. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

I used to work at the Macaroni Grill. Planning on being one of the first in line opening day. I might even try to crash the friends and family day like I did with Maple's when they first open their trailer.

Can't wait for this place to open.

They aren't messing around. From their FB page:

Interview with Travis Clark here

http://thebbqcentralshow.com/travis-...s-up-for-real/

I'm not a fan of this guy's podcast though he gets big name BBQ world guests and must have a large audience, but if ya wanna skip what I consider BS, Travis starts at 13:50 mark. Talks restaurant at 24:00 minute.

16. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

*Drooling Homer Simpson GIF*

17. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Driving by there pretty much every day it looks like they’re pretty close to finished.

Ran into Travis Clark while taking these; they have not set a hard opening due to pending inspections but hopes to be ready to go around Thanksgiving.

Just a huge investment has been made here.

19. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Wow. Really looks like a nice upgrade to that building!

I really hope this does well, gonna take a lot of brisket to pay that thing off - Hopefully he used someone else's money.

After seeing what's going down at Maples and then the closing of the Boar place on Britton I think many Oklahomacitians refuse to pay for a superior product.

Blog Entries

^WOW. That looks very nice! Really look forward to the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    I really hope this does well, gonna take a lot of brisket to pay that thing off - Hopefully he used someone else's money.

After seeing what's going down at Maples and then the closing of the Boar place on Britton I think many Oklahomacitians refuse to pay for a superior product.
    not true at all... i think it's more that Oklahomacitians are going to pay superior price for a product that is only slightly better than what we already have. if this place truly elevates the bar for BBQ, it will make it

23. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Hopefully he used someone else's money.
    He did.....Before he hooked up with the Famous Dave's group his plan was to open in Yukon.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    not true at all... i think it's more that Oklahomacitians are going to pay superior price for a product that is only slightly better than what we already have. if this place truly elevates the bar for BBQ, it will make it
    I guess I'm in the minority as I think Maples is absolutely fantastic and it shocks me that it doesn't have lines out front daily.

I guess I'm in the minority as I think Maples is absolutely fantastic and it shocks me that it doesn't have lines out front daily.
    Yep, i just wish i could get there more often.

Thread Information