Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Clark Crew BBQ

Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    those pics are making me hungry! as for the smoke ring, there's a little more to it than that. your fuel source also determines whether or not you get a 'natural' smoke ring... if you're running an electric or propane cooker, then you're not going to get a ring from the cooking process.
    At my house only charcoal gets used for smoking meats. That's probably why I've never had a hard time getting one. lol

So I’m not a connoisseur of bbq, but finally got to try it out this week and was very impressed. Burnt ends were amazing. Brisket and jalapeño sausage were both good, although I couldn’t used more jalapeño in the sausage. Mac and cheese was good, but corn bread and creamed corn was some of the best I’ve ever had. Homemade chips were solid and Nashville chicken sandwich was pretty good too. Never seek out bbq, but usually enjoy it when we go. Clark Crew will probably get into our rotation. Just not sure how often, as there’s so many new places to eat in the city on top of places that we routinely visit.

My buddy went last week and really enjoyed, but he also got his burnt ends "naked" (unsauced), which is what I'll do next time. He also highly recommended the pork rinds and said the turkey was also delicious.

Looks like they are going to start offering BBQ classes in May.

Great idea and I bet they get plenty of takers.

5. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like they are going to start offering BBQ classes in May.

Great idea and I bet they get plenty of takers.
    Makes sense.... Travis has been offering competition classes for several years now.

I went to Clark Crew mid afternoon on Saturday and the wait was an hour long. LOL, no thank you. Hopefully the new wears off of this place soon and the wait times will decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    I went to Clark Crew mid afternoon on Saturday and the wait was an hour long. LOL, no thank you. Hopefully the new wears off of this place soon and the wait times will decrease.
    The new will wear off, but the wait time will likely remain. Especially when they're not only putting out good food, but are the only real BBQ option in the immediate area that's not a chain.

They will do even more business when it's nice outside, as that back patio is huge.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that, not for a while at least. A good long while.

My wife and I went (as I mentioned in my review several posts back) on a Friday afternoon about 5:30 and had only a 35-40 minute wait. Timing is everything. And the wait was worth every picosecond.

also, when they tell you the wait. check for seats in the Bar area... i also stopped by on saturday and was told the hour wait, but sat immediately at the Bar and ate and was leaving while some of the people in line were still waiting when i left

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They will do even more business when it's nice outside, as that back patio is huge.
    Brings up a question. When they can sit more folks in good weather months what will that do to the wait times? Do they have extra cooking capacity to serve more seats or will wait time increase? And if they can increase food, will they maintain same quality?

I'm sure they have plenty of cooking capacity, it's just more of a guessing game to start cooking meat a half a day before you know the actual demand.

I admire the ambition and scale, but it's clearly going to take them some time to figure all this out.

If they sucked there would be no wait. Lol. If you want to go to a good restaurant on a weekend, there will be a wait. Try going to brunch at Cafe Kacao. We went last Saturday and by 9 am they stopped taking names because they were at a 4 hour wait. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    If they sucked there would be no wait. Lol. If you want to go to a good restaurant on a weekend, there will be a wait. Try going to brunch at Cafe Kacao. We went last Saturday and by 9 am they stopped taking names because they were at a 4 hour wait. Seriously.
    Kacao is also tiny AF.
    Was the building a pizza hut in its former life?
    Just not a lot of space in there, and the food is obviously amazing.

Went today early afternoon with friends the wait was only 15 minutes. The food was simply awesome and plentiful. They should probably move the cornbread to dessert section its that good.

Found out the outside patio area behind the bar - they made the windows so in warmer weather they can open directly to the bar so you can get bar service outside. Pretty cool idea.

Would recommend.

They have re-opened their to-go service.

17. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Got some ribs, brisket and burnt ends to go yesterday. It was really good (their BBQ beans are fantastic). I can't wait to go back and sit down to enjoy a meal.

Friends brought over some Clark Crew ribs. Now my mitochondrial DNA forbids me from eating pork but what the hey its COVID season and all bets are off. Oh my goodness these ribs were a treat that's hard to beat. I'll dream about these ribs long after my guilt subsides. Two thumbs up!!!

19. Default Re: Clark Crew BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Friends brought over some Clark Crew ribs. Now my mitochondrial DNA forbids me from eating pork but what the hey its COVID season and all bets are off. Oh my goodness these ribs were a treat that's hard to beat. I'll dream about these ribs long after my guilt subsides. Two thumbs up!!!
    I’ve stopped on the way home and picked up ribs and sides during this COVID thing. The ribs are something to dream about.

I haven't had the ribs (I smoke too many of them at home to have any desire to order them when I'm out), but if you haven't tried the burnt ends (naked, no sauce), you're missing out.

I heard great reviews about this place from my friends and family so I will have to give it a try!

I've eaten here 3 times since it opened and each time was better than the last. They are really getting into a groove it seems.

I don’t normally eat Cornbread or Deviled Eggs, but CCB has perfected both.

This place is the best. Some good news came out of the parent company, Famous Daves (now officially under the umbrella company name of BBQ Holdings, Inc.)...they had decent first quarter results that attributed much of the "less-pain-than-expected" due to their purchase of the Granite City BBQ chain and - the performance of Clark Crew! https://www.bbq-holdings.com/
    This is just such a great addition to Northwest Expressway and all of Oklahoma City.

I was told today that Clark Crew was #1 in the city in terms of revenue, and likely the entire state.

Impressive since Travis Clark had never run a restaurant in his life; was just a competitive BBQ cook.

Absolutely amazing what they've been able to pull off, especially at scale. Hats off to them.

Thread Information