Widgets Magazine

Thread: Strawberry pie?

Default Strawberry pie?

Wondering who has good strawberry pie in OKC? Did some research on a bunch of likely restaurants, but didn't really find anybody that does them anymore, hoping somebody still does, thanks...

Default Re: Strawberry pie?

don't know if it's good or not but the obvious option is pie junkie... according to their website, strawberry pie is available from april through august.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    don't know if it's good or not but the obvious option is pie junkie... according to their website, strawberry pie is available from april through august.
    Thanks, I did notice them, but forgot to mention we're not a fan of their pies (tried about 4 and just "Eh"), sacrilege, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Thanks, I did notice them, but forgot to mention we're not a fan of their pies (tried about 4 and just "Eh"), sacrilege, I know...
    i hear you... i've had some decent slices there (imo) but never anything that has me constantly wanting to go back.

thinking outside the box... honestly, strawberry pie can't be too hard to make. it seems to me that it's just sliced strawberries suspended in strawberry jell-o put into a pie crust with whipped cream on top. if you can make jell-o, you can pretty much make a strawberry pie.

Strawberry season in Oklahoma is in very late May and June. I just saw some very green and yellow imports at Walmart for almost $5/pint. I wouldn't try to sell pie made from them. I think patience will be rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i hear you... i've had some decent slices there (imo) but never anything that has me constantly wanting to go back.

thinking outside the box... honestly, strawberry pie can't be too hard to make. it seems to me that it's just sliced strawberries suspended in strawberry jell-o put into a pie crust with whipped cream on top. if you can make jell-o, you can pretty much make a strawberry pie.
    Yeah, was thinking that too, but it's for my wife's birthday and we have to throw our own parties in our family, and she'd rather not have us make her own birthday cake (pie). But if it comes to it, yeah, I can probably make a pretty good pie (and it's in July, so Paseofreak, you're right on target, there would be decent ones by then).

Ingrids? ND Foods?

Also where is good rhubarb pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Ingrids? ND Foods?
    Don't think ND Foods does one, but they do have a really good strawberry cake. And I don't think we've ever seen one at Ingrid's, even though they list it on their menu. Maybe we just haven't been there in season, but I checked for it in pics on Yelp, etc. Maybe once it gets closer we'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Also where is good rhubarb pie?
    Good question!!!

Its rare I see true Rhubarb pie.. seems most places make a Strawberry Rhubarb pie which is NOT what I want. Luckily my Mom still will make me one each year.

Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler? I recall maybe seeing it, but more during strawberry season?

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler? I recall maybe seeing it, but more during strawberry season?
    Hadn't thought of them, their pies are decent, I'll let her know, thanks.

Thread Information