Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mother Road Market

Default Mother Road Market

https://www.motherroadmarket.com

Stopped by here for lunch yesterday while I was in Tulsa. This food hall is a really cool space with lots of cool eateries and shops. Im surprised something like this doesn't exist in OKC.

I ate at Chicken and the Wolf which is a Nashville-style hot chicken joint. It's honestly some of the best hot chicken I've ever had and I've had hot chicken ~in Nashville!~

It was really crowded and table space was limited, so I didn't have a chance to try anything else. I'll definitely be back.

This is a must do while in Tulsa IMO.

Have any OKCTalkers been? If so, what did you try?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mother Road Market

I've been, but was there for a work-related meeting (Oklahoma Business Incubator Assoc; Kitchen 66 that resides there is a food incubator). We were given vouchers for lunch and I did have a BBQ sandwich from one of the places, but don't remember the name. Anyway, it is a VERY cool place in general.

Mother Road Market is part of a larger revitalization of Route 66 (11th St) currently ongoing in Tulsa. The group that developed it has big plans to transform the largely delapidated area around it at 11th & Lewis.

If you go also check out the Renaissance Brewery across the street.

Aren’t there like 3 of these concepts U/C in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Aren’t there like 3 of these concepts U/C in OKC?
    I'm pretty sure there is.

Regardless, I've been to Mother Road Market and it was really impressive. Had a great time walking around and sampling all the different options. The concept(s) being built in OKC will be a gigantic success if they're anything like the one in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is.

Regardless, I've been to Mother Road Market and it was really impressive. Had a great time walking around and sampling all the different options. The concept(s) being built in OKC will be a gigantic success if they're anything like the one in Tulsa.
    They have one in DTLA(I forgot the name) and it is amazing. I am overdue for a Tulsa trip. Next time I’m there I need to check this place out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    https://www.motherroadmarket.com

Stopped by here for lunch yesterday while I was in Tulsa. This food hall is a really cool space with lots of cool eateries and shops. Im surprised something like this doesn't exist in OKC....
    We saw the clip that Discover Oklahoma did on them, sounds very similar to The Collective in Midtown, I think.

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=41862

Blog Entries

They also have The Bakeshop. Excellent bread, pastries (croissants!) and vegaterian lunches. Really good.

Thread Information