Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help okc tv show...

Default Re: help okc tv show...

My memory might be fuzzy with age, but I recall Count Gregore started several years before Trust House Theatre but had much the same reason for living, so to speak. John Ferguson was an ad salesman for WKY TV and, maybe, a local actor. The Gaylord’s owned WKY and were well known (according to my father) as having the best facilities and equipment in the central US (especially mobile stuff) and seemed to really work weekend nights. Championship Wrestling with Danny Williams was taped Friday afternoon at WKY studios for a Saturday night 10:30 slot.
    Through the years Gregore seemed to move to whatever station Ferguson worked at. Seems he moved from midnight weekend on WKY to Sunday at 4PM on KOCO, to a couple others, I think. Seemed to me it was mostly a labor of love.

Trust House was something I always thought was mostly underwritten by the Berkeys.

I could be all wet, and hope someone with better info chimes in

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    My memory might be fuzzy with age, but I recall Count Gregore started several years before Trust House Theatre but had much the same reason for living, so to speak. John Ferguson was an ad salesman for WKY TV and, maybe, a local actor. The Gaylord’s owned WKY and were well known (according to my father) as having the best facilities and equipment in the central US (especially mobile stuff) and seemed to really work weekend nights. Championship Wrestling with Danny Williams was taped Friday afternoon at WKY studios for a Saturday night 10:30 slot.
    Through the years Gregore seemed to move to whatever station Ferguson worked at. Seems he moved from midnight weekend on WKY to Sunday at 4PM on KOCO, to a couple others, I think. Seemed to me it was mostly a labor of love.

Trust House was something I always thought was mostly underwritten by the Berkeys.

Trust House Theater Movie night was about the best thing on regular TV back in that era. Just had to sit through all the commercials. Seems to remember the movie started around 10:00 pm and would finish up around Midnight and thus always played the Eric Clapton After Midnight song.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post

Some of the wrestling on either Friday or Saturday night was live. When I was approx 10, late 50's, early 60's, my dad and uncle took myself and uncles two kids to the Ch 4 studios one week-end and it was live. Danny Williams was the host. During a match one of the wrestlers was kicked out and made to leave the premises. Then toward the end of another match the ejected wrestler broke in through an outside door with a folding chair and threw it into the ring. That was the night and when Danny W started using his sign off with "watch out for flying chairs". Memories, good ones.

The store was located at Wilshire and May. But, the Berkeys' weren't hip by any means. They sponsored a bowling team I was on at Highlander. Her son Gary was on the team as well as their jeweler also named Gary.

I drove by the Trust House jewelers daily and as an admirer of good vanity plates (car tags) I liked theirs. He drove a Rolls Royce with the tag "Glory B" and she drove an Excalibur (I think) with a tag "Oh Mr B". The Glory B was in reference to her name Gloria.
    C. T.

Thread Information