Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flower Child

Western Ave. Flower Child

Flower Child and Torchy's Tacos coming to Classen Curve area

A national restaurant chain is planning to bring its health-oriented concept to the southeast corner of NW 63rd and Grand and will be joined by Torchy's Tacos.

In what would be the first Oklahoma location for Flower Child, plans are underway to construct a new 8,000 square foot building with the Phoenix-based chain taking the west end and Torchy's occupying the eastern space. Both restaurants will have large outdoor patios.

Flower Child is part of Fox Restaurant Concepts, a highly regarded group featuring more than a dozen brands in 50 locations across the country. The company is expanding will the help of recent investments from such heavyweights as the Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's.

The tagline for Flower Child is 'Healthy food for a happy world' and various vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and fresh and light dishes are delivered in a fast-casual atmosphere.

Featured are bowls, wraps, grains, and salads such as the Vietnamese Crunch and Mediterranean Tabbouleh as well as crushed avocado toast.

Serving lunch and dinner, the restaurant features a both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks including fresh-pressed juices.

This location will be the first for Fox in the state of Oklahoma but Fox has been looking at the OKC market for some time and may soon bring other concepts to the area.

After a very successful start by 3 other OKC-area locations, Torchy's is planning to take the western part of the new building and bring its unique brand of gourmet tacos and sides, along with a strong and active bar scene.

The 63rd and Grand site will join the Torchy's in Norman, Edmond and Chisholm Creek.

A bank building was recently demolished to make room for the two new restaurants.

Directly north, Hopdoddy Burger bar continues to experience strong business and Oklahoma's first Slapfish – fast-casual seafood – is nearing completion next door.

On the site of the recently-razed Mamasita's, a new retail center is being constructed which will closely resemble the Hopdoddy/Slapfish structure. Taking approximately half of the new building, Chicken Salad Chick features over a dozen Southern-style chicken salad recipes, as well as soups, salads, and various healthy sides. The company has over 100 locations nationwide and will also be opening in Chisholm Creek.

The projects are all being developed by Washington Prime, which bought Nichols Hills Plaza, Classen Curve, the Triangle at Classen Curve and the large vacant property north of the Triangle from Chesapeake Energy.

Plans are underway to bring a boutique hotel to the sports field north of Whole Foods and the company has recently resolved litigation over a proposed large-scale apartment and retail center.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Flower Child

I’ve been to the Flower Child in Vegas - very healthy stuff. It’s a good concept, similar to True Food Kitchen (which is in Dallas and other Texas locations now).

Washington Prime is one of the best things to happen to Central OKC.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Washington Prime is one of the best things to happen to Central OKC.
    Agreed.

Pete - now that the litigation is resolved, will the lifestyle center kick into high gear?

What's the latest on that whole development between the hotel and apartments/retail?

My memory is a tad fuzzy on this development, but is Glimcher still behind this? Or are they completely out of the picture now...

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    My memory is a tad fuzzy on this development, but is Glimcher still behind this? Or are they completely out of the picture now...
    Yes, but they are now known as Washington Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    What's the latest on that whole development between the hotel and apartments/retail?
    They are free to move forward as the lawsuit was dismissed.

They have been doing this methodically, which is wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are free to move forward as the lawsuit was dismissed.

They have been doing this methodically, which is wise.
    Cool. I almost forgot about this project? Could you post a link to the projects page on here? I forget what it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Pretty reasonable lunch prices so long as you don’t add a protein.

Noticed they were chipping out the old concrete parking lot & construction fence was up today.

From last night.

Construction fence outlined in red.

I am probably completely naive, or ignorant (please pardon), but is something going to happen between Flower Child and Classen Curve? Hopefully it won't stay parking.

^

Yes, there is more retail, restaurants and apartments planned.

Glimcher is taking their time but has quietly brought in dozens of new places since they purchased from Chesapeake, including tons of new-to-market operators.

Where is the hotel going to be in relation to the map?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Where is the hotel going to be in relation to the map?
    Ask and ye shall receive!

HangryHippo Guest

Pete - do you know if Fox Restaurant Concepts will be bringing any of their other concepts to OKC? Some of their other restaurants in Phoenix are awesome and I think they would do very well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Pete - do you know if Fox Restaurant Concepts will be bringing any of their other concepts to OKC? Some of their other restaurants in Phoenix are awesome and I think they would do very well here.
    Yes, they are actively looking and have been for some time.

HangryHippo Guest

Yes, they are actively looking and have been for some time.
    Wonderful! Do they have a connection to OKC or something?

Wonderful! Do they have a connection to OKC or something?
    Not that I know of.

I believe they just see OKC as a good market for them.

Sam Fox's college roommate lives here as well as 2-3 other really good friends. Not enough to sway his growth decisions, but there is a small connection. I love Flower Child, but enjoy it while you can because once the sale to Cheesecake Factory happens; the entire experience is likely to change.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Sam Fox's college roommate lives here as well as 2-3 other really good friends. Not enough to sway his growth decisions, but there is a small connection. I love Flower Child, but enjoy it while you can because once the sale to Cheesecake Factory happens; the entire experience is likely to change.
    Tuck - very interesting. Thanks!

Is Cheesecake Factory buying Flower Child or the entire Fox Concepts group?

Tuck - very interesting. Thanks!

Is Cheesecake Factory buying Flower Child or the entire Fox Concepts group?
    Just a stake in Flower Child and one other of their concepts.

Thread Information