Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunset Patio Bar

Midtown Sunset Patio Bar

Key Midtown corner to be redeveloped

One of the most highly visible corners in the Midtown District is set to get a complete renovation and welcome 2 new tenants.

Developer Shyon Keoppel has signed a long-term lease to take over the property on the northwest corner of NW 10th and Hudson, directly east of the complex that is home to Fassler Hall and Dust Bowl. There is a stop for the new streetcar directly across from the project.

With partner James Vu, Keoppel plans to operate a large patio bar named Fan Club, which will feature outdoor seating on both the Hudson and 10th street frontages, a sports theater, karaoke rooms, an arcade and a large bar and dining area.

Vu and Keoppel are the proprietors of ultra-popular Kong's Tavern which is just a block to the southwest.

Previously home to Prototek OKC, the renovated property at 401 NW 10th will also feature the medical marijuana dispensary Okie Kush, of which Keoppel is also a partner.

The 10,295 square foot building was built in 1935. RBA Architects is handling the design work.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 401 NW 10th

Do we know what happens to Prototek?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Do we know what happens to Prototek?
    Are they still operating?

They haven't updated their FB page in over a year.

this will be a great active use for this corner

add this to the new Ludivine , and the collective and this area is just popping

This space is massive; over 10,000SF and almost all this will be the bar/restaurant/patio.

There's a lot going on in this place based on the floorplan...Karaoke, Arcade, "sports theatre." Will all depend on the execution to ensure it's not too kitschy. Hopefully they will do it right, Kong's isn't really my scene but this could have some potential.

^

It's a really, really big space.

Like Fassler Hall big.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Are they still operating?

They haven't updated their FB page in over a year.
    I was under the impression they were, but not positive.

The sports theater, can you eat and drink in there? Is this similar to the theater bars in Vegas?

^

I'm sure that's the plan. Banquet Cinema Pub does the same thing for Thunder games and I'm sure it will continue in football season.

This place will definitely have a lot. It’s a great business ide as well to bring his Okie Kush dispensary. Shyon and James have a lot on their plate. I believe there was the projects on classen that Shyon was gonna do but it got canceled. I’m optimistic still. Both him and James have definitely helped okc nightlife (grey stone, la brasa, Kong’s) i also have a feeling that what they bring to okc is based on what they find on their travels to la, lv, etc. this corner definitely has potential so glad it’s happening

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    There's a lot going on in this place based on the floorplan...Karaoke, Arcade, "sports theatre." Will all depend on the execution to ensure it's not too kitschy. Hopefully they will do it right, Kong's isn't really my scene but this could have some potential.
    It does look fun and interesting, but like you mention about Kongs, these guys seem to go cheap sometimes and the crowds arent really my type. Hope they finish it out in a first class manner.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    It does look fun and interesting, but like you mention about Kongs, these guys seem to go cheap sometimes and the crowds arent really my type. Hope they finish it out in a first class manner.
    This mirrors my concerns.

Does anyone know if the original brick is under the steel?

Looks like they are trying to bring their own version of Kung Fu Saloon to OKC. Very popular bar in Dallas and other locations.

I feel like a development such as this without rooftop activation is a miss. All of 10th street's future development should be making use of rooftops. We have existing Fassler, Packards, and soon Collective.

^

Put that on the owner.

He won't sell and therefore this entire project is just a long-term lease.

Nobody is going to invest that type of money in a building they don't own.

Isn't this two brick buildings with a levitating roof and siding making up a unified space? I recall the brick areas shown in the artist renderings represent the original structures. Which makes me wonder if the roof could handle an increased load required by rooftop meeting space.

Blog Entries

They should have generated some investment funds yesterday! Kongs was WILD! Nice day for St. Paddy’s to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I feel like a development such as this without rooftop activation is a miss. All of 10th street's future development should be making use of rooftops. We have existing Fassler, Packards, and soon Collective.
    fassler doesnt use their roof

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    fassler doesnt use their roof
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    What?
    fassler is on the second floor of a 2 story building that was built as a 2 story building

I assume Anon is talking about their second floor patio space.

Any update on this? Or is this another one of Shyon's extremely ambitious projects that he releases then takes months, if not years, to complete?

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Any update on this? Or is this another one of Shyon's extremely ambitious projects that he releases then takes months, if not years, to complete?
    No movement that I have seen.

Thread Information