Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Sunset Patio Bar

Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Did Kong’s OKC, Kong’s Norman or Sunset get built?
    They’re all just tenants in buildings owned by other people?

And you only know this information from OKCTalk, as we just didn't just post an article and walk away. Literally hundreds of updates.

And then you're using a thread on Sunset to complain about "legitimacy" when it is actually open and extremely popular.

The Shay is open and operating, just not the pool. The Nuway Cleaners building was renovated and fully leased. He also fully leased his buildings on Western, but you conveniently leave that out. So in one instance (OnCue), the land was sold at a healthy profit after a project was announced? Where is your ire for the hundreds of other developers that announce plans that never materialize?

You clearly have some sort of personal issue here.

If you have some legitimate, verifiable claims of him not being legitimate, let's hear them and I'll investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The landlord that signed this deal was well aware of the past problems long before and continues to let them stay, most likely because they are making a lot of money by taking a percentage of the profits. In fact, my understanding is that the landlord fronted the substantial funds necessary for the build-out of this place.
    If it’s percentage rent, surely it can’t be that lucrative. Granted, I don’t ever see the place after 10pm or so but there’s hardly ever anyone there during earlier times when I go by it. Maybe the Friday/Saturday after 10pm crowds are huge, just don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    If it’s percentage rent, surely it can’t be that lucrative. Granted, I don’t ever see the place after 10pm or so but there’s hardly ever anyone there during earlier times when I go by it. Maybe the Friday/Saturday after 10pm crowds are huge, just don’t know.
    It is VERY popular after 10pm on weekends. I don't get it. it flies in the face of logic. It isn't anything special, yet it is always packed late at night.

Maybe people want to be at a place known for risky clientele. I have no idea.

5. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    When we drove past on the night in question it was about 10:30 and they had lines to enter going both directions about 20-30 deep.

6. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

It's lines around the block on Friday and Saturday nights after about 9 or 10, and Sunday evenings too. They could probably close their doors but for those hours and capture 90% of their existing business. It's the same business model as places that were problematic for Bricktown in the past, back when BT was having similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    It is VERY popular after 10pm on weekends. I don't get it. it flies in the face of logic. It isn't anything special, yet it is always packed late at night.

Maybe people want to be at a place known for risky clientele. I have no idea.
    It's a meat market where one can score drugs would be my uneducated guess.

8. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Sunset posted they will now be closing at midnight. Imagine it's a last ditch effort to stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Sunset posted they will now be closing at midnight. Imagine it's a last ditch effort to stay in business.
    It's also a clear admission that the place is completely out of control.

10. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Someone will probably get shot over this idea.

Reminder that the same operator also runs Kong's right across the street.

Where do you think the Sunset patrons will go after midnight?

Sunset and Kongs both are going to have a bad time when Phillips Murrah opens next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Sunset and Kongs both are going to have a bad time when Phillips Murrah opens next door.
    why?

14. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    why?
    I could see PM throwing some legal weight around and making changes. PM will NOT put up with much. I've worked with them and they have high standards/ wants. I'm honestly surprised they are moving to this spot; from what I hear plenty of the lawyers don't want to move. This whole thing is very interesting to me, I have no idea how it will play out, but I'm watching!

^

Also, increasingly Midtown Renaissance is making a huge investment in Midtown with plenty more on the way.

Between them and PM, they can put some strong pressure on the landlords who are enabling the mayhem in the immediate area.

Just a few days ago, Sunset social media accounts were promoting being open until 2 AM.

I'm not sure their hours have changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just a few days ago, Sunset social media accounts were promoting being open until 2 AM.

I'm not sure their hours have changed at all.
    Makes sense. This place has to do, what, probably a third of their overall sales between Midnight and 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights? And there haven't been any consequences to their actions so far, so might as well keep on keeping on until someone forces you to stop.

Sounds like this place closes after the weekend

Not gonna lie, when I saw there was a new post in this thread I assumed there was another shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Sounds like this place closes after the weekend
    Their last day is today (Saturday 11/25).

The operators told me they have a 20-year lease and spent close to a million $ to renovate, so they are not going to walk away.

They hope to rebrand and reopen soon.

it's in a death spiral then, can't happen soon enough

"we'll just rebrand and advertise our way out of this" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Will Dearborn View Post
    it's in a death spiral then, can't happen soon enough

"we'll just rebrand and advertise our way out of this" lol
    Hopefully, Kongs and Sunset ruin the vibe of Midtown.

23. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

20 year lease? Oooof

Any going away shootings for this place tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    20 year lease? Oooof
    Why not just opt for a 99 year or lifetime

Thread Information