Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sunset Patio Bar

Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think Fassler just suffers from the big crowds being drawn by Kong's and Sunset.

It's formed kind of a dark triangle all right there together.
    Fassler is not at all blameless. They've had problems since they opened. At one point, they had to be shamed into cleaning up after the volumes of trash left strewn all over Midtown. It was fratty and also trashy from day one. Even in the months after opening, I witnessed fights there. I haven't spent much time in the Tulsa location, but even the McNellie's in OKC is rougher than the one in Tulsa.

I'm not advocating for some snooty yuppie bar, just responsible operators.

JFC half of you people in this thread better stay away from big cities lol

Many of the people commenting here have or currently do live in big cities. That is irrelevant to the point of wanting to protect the safety and vibe of a district, by not wanting shady businesses attracting shady people. Every city has areas with rowdy clubs, every district does not need to be that for OKC to be cool.

Lol okay sure. I’m hearing the faint sounds of Edmondnites telling people why they won’t go to Bricktown anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Lol okay sure. I’m hearing the faint sounds of Edmondnites telling people why they won’t go to Bricktown anymore.
    LOL whatevs bro. I'm not scared to go to Sunset or any of these places. I lived in NYC during the most violent year in the history of that city.

No edmondite at all. Sunset is a freaking drag though.

The OKCTalk hive mind has spoken!

I went back and reread this and missed the part about the shootings. I’m sorry, but I’m pretty tripped out on shrooms right now. Can someone explain why this all the sudden started happening with these types of bars and what management of these bars has to do with it? And why are they all just in this one area?

I’ve been to other bars in sketchier parts of town. There’s a pretty wild bar at Sooner and something in between Edmond and Guthrie. Wouldn’t recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I’ve been to other bars in sketchier parts of town. There’s a pretty wild bar at Sooner and something in between Edmond and Guthrie. Wouldn’t recommend it
    The Rock-a-Way?! That place is awesome! Lol

10. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    The Rock-a-Way?! That place is awesome! Lol
    \

HA! My band played there a couple of times back in the early 90's and both times the same guy drunkenly smashed into our stage.... First time he just did a header into our guitar players monitor amp.... The 2nd time he made it all the way to the drummer!

Shocker another shooting at SPB

One injured in NW Oklahoma City shooting
    by: Savion Harvey/KFOR
    Posted: Sep 3, 2023 / 03:18 AM CDT

OKLAHOMA CITY(KFOR)- OKCPD responded to shots fired at NW 10th and Hudson early Sunday morning.

The shooting occurred at the Sunset Patio Bar.

Officers were in the area and noticed a verbal argument between two people at the bar.

One person was shot multiple times in the lower extremities and was transported to OU Medical Center. The victim is expected to make a full recovery.

The suspect tried to flee the scene.

Officers were able to detain the suspect a short time after.

One officer suffered a laceration to their head which was unrelated to the shooting and its preceding argument.

Shyon is trash that needs to be taken out. Close it down. Everything he touches turns out like this.

Shot his pinky toe off?

15. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

We went to Capitals Ice Cream last night and I was telling the kids about how bad this corner has gotten. Only a few hours later and some idiots prove this awesome dad right.

Criticize the operator all you want but there is a landlord that took them on fully knowing their reputation and lets them to continue to operate.

17. Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Criticize the operator all you want but there is a landlord that took them on fully knowing their reputation and lets them to continue to operate.
    100%

The local media(okctalk included) has legitimized this guy by promoting him any time he announces a new “development” which always ends up being 1/100th of what was publicized.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_Chipper View Post
    The local media(okctalk included) has legitimized this guy by promoting him any time he announces a new “development” which always ends up being 1/100th of what was publicized.
    OKCTalk has been quick to post any incidents, and there have been many.

The landlord that signed this deal was well aware of the past problems long before and continues to let them stay, most likely because they are making a lot of money by taking a percentage of the profits. In fact, my understanding is that the landlord fronted the substantial funds necessary for the build-out of this place.

Should OKCTalk just ignore it when a huge new place is going to open in the middle of Midtown? There are at least a dozen other operators in OKC with all types of criminal, bankruptcy and big debt problems -- we are generally the first to report such things. The operator of Sunset pays his bills and doesn't even have any pending lawsuits. Have you got something to share that can be independently verified or is this just a personal beef as you've posted about this more than once?

When someone does something illegal or starts stiffing creditors, we are all over it. We also don't just write an article and then never follow up; even the smallest projects get dozens of updates. So, if something changes, we report that too.

You should be directing your vitriol at the Oklahoman, not us.

By the way, Shyon displays this front-page-of-the-Sunday-Business-section Steve Lackmeyer article prominently in his office; the online version had a full video interview as well and the same writer has featured him prominently several times:

By the way, Shyon displays this front-page-of-the-Sunday-Business-section Steve Lackmeyer article prominently in his office; the online version had a full video interview as well and the same writer has featured him prominently several times:

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...Western-Avenue

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...ed-for-Midtown

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...retail-planned

An On-Cue, Airbnb units, and a crypto mining operation.

Then the landlord is the trashcan Shyon needs to be taken out in.

how’s that?

So OKCTalk, an organization focused on reporting about developments in OKC, shouldn’t report news about developments in OKC?

I don’t like the guy either but it isn’t Pete’s fault that his bars suck.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    So OKCTalk, an organization focused on reporting about developments in OKC, shouldn’t report news about developments in OKC?

I don’t like the guy either but it isn’t Pete’s fault that his bars suck.
    If someone never actually builds what they say they’re going to how are their plans news?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_Chipper View Post
    If someone never actually builds what they say they’re going to how are their plans news?
    Did Kong’s OKC, Kong’s Norman or Sunset get built?

Thread Information