Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunset Patio Bar

Default Re: 401 NW 10th

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Is the original bar plan still happening? A friend of mine said that whole building was going to be a dispensary and I was like I am 99% sure you are misinformed haha.
    There is a dispensary (Okie Kush) already open in a small section of the space but that still leaves a very big space for the sports bar. This was always the plan.

Thanks, that's what I told him was happening but I was not sure if the concerns about the Kong's operators in this thread had impacted this project in some way.

This is still going forward and will be called Sunset Patio Bar:

HangryHippo Guest

I like Sunset a lot better than Fan Club.

Of course it's gonna be kind of difficult to actually see the sunset from that patio.

Starting to take shape (interior photo from their Insta page):

Wow...what a transformation of this corner!

^ Indeed, I didn't recognize it.

Perhaps it's the metal siding but I keep thinking this is a plant nursery and seed store lol

Totally agree. I have thought that the few times I've gone by.

Default Re: Sunset Patio Bar

Sunset Bar needs to be on the west side of a block, not the east. Sunrise Flapjack House goes on the east.

Looks like a cool place, though. I love that skylight in the middle. You don't see that much in Oklahoma.

Look at that horrible sidewalk situation right there on the corner. Trip city. But that's okay, it is only one of the most foot-trafficked corners in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Look at that horrible sidewalk situation right there on the corner. Trip city. But that's okay, it is only one of the most foot-trafficked corners in the city.
    Sometimes it seems the engineers are making it more difficult than it needs to be. They could probably make a large at-grade pedestrian waiting area (refuge?) like is done in the CBD.

I am sure the excuse is something to do with the storm drain there, but they could just do a storm drain without the curb portion, just an at-grade storm drain.

TBH, all of 10th needs a P180 makeover. During the streetcar construction would have been the ideal time.

I am sure the excuse is something to do with the storm drain there, but they could just do a storm drain without the curb portion, just an at-grade storm drain.

TBH, all of 10th needs a P180 makeover. During the streetcar construction would have been the ideal time.

They have opened.

Press release (photos are mine):

SK Ventures to Open Sunset Patio Bar on March 2 in Midtown

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLA (March 1, 2021) - Sunset Patio Bar, a 11,000 sq. ft. restaurant concept celebrating open-air gatherings and New American cuisine, featuring vegan and vegetarian options, will open on Tuesday, March 2nd in Midtown at 401 NW 10th St. with a grand opening event on Thursday, March 11th.

The spirit of Sunset Patio Bar is bright, good vibes and high energy with its indoor and outdoor seating options and dog friendly temperature-controlled patio facing a clear view of downtown’s skyline. Sunset has an extended 50-seat bar top, bold banquet booths, and stadium-lounge seating area perfect for an unbuttoned quaint experience but what makes this space truly unique is the competitive and interactive game area.

The food menu at Sunset will complement the relaxed space with a vast variety of shared plates, sliders, pizza and more. The bar menu will highlight frozen cocktails, a signature espresso martini on tap, and local craft beers from a range of neighboring breweries.

“Midtown is home to some of Oklahoma City’s best vantage points and we think Sunset offers a very enduring addition to the neighborhood” said Owner, Shyon Keoppel. “From the original skylights of the building, to the indoor/outdoor dining concept, we have implemented elements of influence from Texas and by a sister restaurant in Los Angeles to provide the perfect blend of a day-to-night backyard-feeling atmosphere.”

While not inherently a sports bar, Sunset Patio Bar features 27 television screens perfect to watch our local sports teams. Taking reservations for larger functions and hosting events like a weekly Sunday Funday Brunch and gearing up for a memorable St. Patrick’s Day celebration is something to look forward to.

Sunset is committed to a safe environment for all employees and guests, with all staff to be fully masked, a mask mandate for public entry, hand sanitizer stations throughout, and drink rails to serve as separation from seated guests and bar orders.

Sunset will be open to all ages until 9pm, afterwards it will remain open to guests 21 and older.
    Hours of operation:
    Tuesday-Friday from 4pm-2am
    Saturday & Sunday Brunch from 11am-2am
    Weekly Sunday Funday Brunch from 4pm-2am, hosted by DJ Blake O.

Blog Entries

Am I misremembering? I thought there was supposed to be rooftop stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Am I misremembering? I thought there was supposed to be rooftop stuff?
    Nope. That was never part of the plan.

Blog Entries

Okay thanks, must be thinking something else

It's perfect that their opening coincides with the Thunder coming out saying they won't allow fans. Another place to watch weekend games! Oh...march madness...this is the spot.

Edit: include MM

Blog Entries

I guess I've lost track. What are the occupancy restrictions in place right now?

Isn't it 6-feet or have plexiglass?

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Isn't it 6-feet or have plexiglass?
    I hope no one is still using plexiglass as a COVID precaution. We've known for 10 months that COVID spreads via aerosols. Plexiglass is pointless. DISTANCE + VENTILATION + MASKS IS MORE IMPORTANT.

This looks like another good addition to Midtown

Thread Information